• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

golf cart abuse....

TWEEDLEDEE2

Earning My Ears
just got back from fw. i noticed a lot of things happening on the golf carts that never should of been going on. we had 1 golf cart that was on the grass over by the playground, others were up by the comfort stations, and they don't pull over for the vehicles that come up behind them. what happened to the rules that they used to enforce.
i have dogs that i walk constantly. while walking i ran into some people on a cart slamming on the brakes to leave skid marks through out the camping loops. they had no care that i was there. am i the only one that has seen this kind of stuff going on??

When we were there this past June we witnessed a cart full of kids (maybe 9-16) zig-zagging on the road and hanging off the side. I couldn't watch. I just wondered what their parents were thinking when they gave them the keys to the cart!

I feel that the FW employees should be more stringent on the use of their carts. Any misuse should lead to a forfeit of the rental agreement.

This is one area that I think FW IS trying to get a better control on. They have stopped letting people have open containers of alcohol. If they catch you with an open beer in the cart they take your cart without refund. I have seen security stop carts and check for drivers license of very young looking drivers. If they catch anyone under age driving you loose the cart without refund. The carts are allowed by the comfort stations and parks unless posted otherwise.

However, they are letting carts go over the bridge by the Meadows trading post from the bike barn and pool area and around that blind curve to the parking lot. You really have to pay attention walking or ridding a bike in that area. I have seen several near misses by that blind curve. They do have a big dome mirror in the curve but it is not much good at night or early in the morning when it is covered with condensation.

I have seen people do stupid things with the carts but I have not seen them do it in front of a CM and not have the CM do something about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter