Golf cart parking area construction.

peg110

DIS Veteran
So we went to the beach last night to go watch the fireworks. We drove the golf cart down to find that a large section of the area for parking is under construction.

20170620_204149.jpg 20170620_204128.jpg 20170620_204059.jpg

So plan appropriately.

:( There getting ready to pour concrete, I better get down there and supervise, make sure no one writes there initials in it....

.... except yourself.... You're not there, snowmedic, I know that but it's an opportunity for those who are.

Bama Ed

Even if I was, I would not do it. Knowing how hard of a job it is, (placing and finishing) I wouldn't do that to a fellow Concrete worker, they have enough to worry about. I do get people that ask it they can write there name it, and I do get tired of hearing it. The company I use to work for, we use to babysit the concrete until it was hard enough not to be damaged before we left. And surprisingly, the people that you think would write there names, just minded there own business and kept walking, it's the ones you thought wouldn't do it that tried.

Ask, shmask. Do it right or go home (Randy would say something like that). I am on the side of doing it. My initials were also in the sidewalk next to a gate at Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium (I learned the cat-and-mouse-game-with-the-smoother there) before it was all torn out when they built the upper deck in the north end zone.

And like I've said in the past, it took several attempts at the Fort to get my initials in because the pavers left someone behind to smooth things out and babysit it against folks like me until the concrete was set. But persistence pays off.

I think we will have to agree to be on opposite sides of this discussion.

Bama Ed

LOL when my dh and I bought our first camper and had the concrete pad poured for it at our house I wrote our initials in it! I didn't have to sneak to do it since it was my own property, but if I ever had the chance to do it at Disneyworld.......

Even if I was, I would not do it. Knowing how hard of a job it is, (placing and finishing) I wouldn't do that to a fellow Concrete worker, they have enough to worry about. I do get people that ask it they can write there name it, and I do get tired of hearing it. The company I use to work for, we use to babysit the concrete until it was hard enough not to be damaged before we left. And surprisingly, the people that you think would write there names, just minded there own business and kept walking, it's the ones you thought wouldn't do it that tried.

One of these days I just gotta make my way up to Vermont and find a fresh Snowmedic concrete slab and put my hand print on it.
4477146537_8b5f1389c1_b.jpg

Before I left, they had poured the concrete, but the barriers were still up. That was on Saturday (or rather Friday Night when we saw it last)

Hopefully this will be an improvement. Last year the parking lot was a hot mess. Carts were parked just wherever the driver stopped. Carts were parked across the entrance into the little fenced in area. I don't know how the people got out if they wanted to.

Ask, shmask. Do it right or go home (Randy would say something like that). I am on the side of doing it. My initials were also in the sidewalk next to a gate at Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium (I learned the cat-and-mouse-game-with-the-smoother there) before it was all torn out when they built the upper deck in the north end zone.

And like I've said in the past, it took several attempts at the Fort to get my initials in because the pavers left someone behind to smooth things out and babysit it against folks like me until the concrete was set. But persistence pays off.

I think we will have to agree to be on opposite sides of this discussion.

Bama Ed

LOL Just look for the guy with dirty fingers running with a smile on his face...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter