Better golf course

• Disney’s magnolia

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Lake Buena vista

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

joseph brady

Earning My Ears
looking to golf at either magnolia or lake Buena vista. Has anyone played both and can give pros and cons to either?

We didn’t play both but we did play Magnolia and it is a pretty course. If you don’t have a car the resort will arrange a complimentary taxi to the course and the course will call one to return when you are done. Enjoy.

I thought Magnolia was a bit more challenging that Lake Buena Vista.

Lake Buena Vista goes through Old Key West and Saratoga Springs, so you have some resorts to look at as you play.

Son and hubby say they liked Magnolia better. Better drainage, more unique holes, Mickey Bunker, better pro shop/locker room.Saw lots of wildlife! Lots of bunkers. Flag has hidden Mickey in it. They did play Lake Buena Vista. Fun to go around all of SSR. Island hole that hubby found the water. They also played Palm. Son likes that course the best. Great all round course in his opinion.

You can't go wrong with either one, but I would give a slight edge to Magnolia. All Disney courses, even Oak Trail have a Mickey Bunker now. Magnolia is a little more challenging and is the course that they used when the PGA Tour used to make a stop in Disney. The proshop is better at the Palm/Magnolia/Oak Trail location and there is also a driving range there if you want to warmup prior to your round.

I have played them both and enjoyed both of them. LBV is a shorter course over all and not as difficult as Magnolia. Magnolia was a PGA tour stop years ago and plays like it still. I don't think you could go wrong with either course but if I had to choice one I would go with Magnolia.

LBV has a more resort course feel to it since a number of holes run through Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Magnolia has more natural surroundings. Magnolia is a little more challenging. The course conditions have always been excellent on both. Of those two I would lean towards Magnolia. I know you didn't mention it, but I like Palm the best of the current WDW courses.

It's a shame WDW let the Bonnet Creek courses go, Eagle Pines was my absolute favorite, and the renamed Osprey Ridge (Tranquilo) for the Four Seasons is a nice course, but not for the prices they charge for it now.

LBV has a more resort course feel to it since a number of holes run through Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Magnolia has more natural surroundings. Magnolia is a little more challenging. The course conditions have always been excellent on both. Of those two I would lean towards Magnolia. I know you didn't mention it, but I like Palm the best of the current WDW courses.

It's a shame WDW let the Bonnet Creek courses go, Eagle Pines was my absolute favorite, and the renamed Osprey Ridge (Tranquilo) for the Four Seasons is a nice course, but not for the prices they charge for it now.
Awesome advice. I will look in to plans as well for sure.

I think you'll get more answers if I move this to the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board. We tend to get only the folks who stay at Disney resorts here, and people use the golf courses whether they stay on site or not. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!