Gondolas swaying in the wind and rain video

Found a video on YouTube showing how the gondolas sway during a windy rain storm.
We still don't know how they will handle different weather when running the gondolas.

At 1:13 you get a zoomed in view.
They will handle them as professionals who install them in all sorts of environments do

Now this is a Gondola system... Some cars even have a glass bottom
giphy.gif

At 1:40ish and 4:30ish, I don’t know what people here aren’t seeing, but that’s vomitrocious for me. Nope. Other people can be the experiments. Not me.

And I don’t ski or go into the alps, either. But skiiing and the alps don’t have *tropical* storms.

That part of it doesn't bother me. But what do I know? We knowingly choose the swinging gondolas on Mickey's Fun Wheel (yes, I know they changed the name).

That part of it doesn't bother me. But what do I know? We knowingly choose the swinging gondolas on Mickey's Fun Wheel (yes, I know they changed the name).
Same. I wouldn't ride any other car
And in the same way, I have total faith in the manufacturer.
Sure, there are accidents. Who on earth lives their life planning or thinking of accidents? If you did you'd walk around in one of those inflatable bubble things because ANYTHING can be an accident

Same. I wouldn't ride any other car
And in the same way, I have total faith in the manufacturer.
Sure, there are accidents. Who on earth lives their life planning or thinking of accidents? If you did you'd walk around in one of those inflatable bubble things because ANYTHING can be an accident
You know where I can buy one ?

This cable car, at Genting Highlands in Malaysia, looks like it might even be the same model as the Skyliner:

I really don't see anything all that shocking here. They're barely moving, with the weight of passengers and forward momentum they won't sway as much either. In really bad weather I'd imagine these will be closed as many other Disney attractions are done.

This cable car, at Genting Highlands in Malaysia, looks like it might even be the same model as the Skyliner:

That's a Leitner system, which is Doppelmayr's main competitor. Notice the angular shape of the cabins, as opposed to Doppelmayr's smooth curve.

At 1:40ish and 4:30ish, I don’t know what people here aren’t seeing, but that’s vomitrocious for me. Nope. Other people can be the experiments. Not me.

And I don’t ski or go into the alps, either. But skiiing and the alps don’t have *tropical* storms.

They're not going to be running in tropical storms, though.

I really don't see anything all that shocking here. They're barely moving, with the weight of passengers and forward momentum they won't sway as much either. In really bad weather I'd imagine these will be closed as many other Disney attractions are done.
Surely you've been keeping up
These are nothing more than "lightning attracting, oven death traps"
Who knows, maybe it's their new way to reduce crowds? To maim or worse, kill their guests
:crazy2::crazy::scared::rolleyes1
Because no, they can't have thought of any of these things beforehand

Looks kinda fun! I would like it during a storm, haha.
No different than wind at a ski resort, though.

I've done the gondola up and down Table Mountain, which has wind basically 100% of the time. Very fun and didn't sway one bit, this should be rock solid by comparison. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter