Good Budget Hotel WDW

BookVip.com has 4 days three nights at Springhill suites in Orlando for $199. Includes hot breakfast buffet every morning and no parking fees. They also give you 2 one day park tickets to universal or disney. I think you have to do a timeshare presentation but I honestly don't care and plan on declining. after having a hot free breakfast, I plan on eating off property most meals for dinner. I'll be bringing a snack and eating counter service in the parks. we will be bringing water bottles and plan on taking advantage of the free.water.

BookVip.com has 4 days three nights at Springhill suites in Orlando for $199. Includes hot breakfast buffet every morning and no parking fees. They also give you 2 one day park tickets to universal or disney. I think you have to do a timeshare presentation but I honestly don't care and plan on declining. after having a hot free breakfast, I plan on eating off property most meals for dinner. I'll be bringing a snack and eating counter service in the parks. we will be bringing water bottles and plan on taking advantage of the free.water.

You definitely have to do a timeshare presentation for a deal that's this discounted and includes park tickets.

Please realize that the timeshare presentation may take quite a bit more time than they say it will.

Only you can say what the value of your vacation time is, but plan to be stuck in hard-sale purgatory for half a day.

Only POP and Movies have only renovated rooms available. If you stay at Music or Sports they still have all the old rooms. I *believe* Music is the last scheduled to be renovated and there is NO WAY it will be done before May.

That is what I was thinking too, by the time you pay for an expensive rental car, you might as well stayed on site in a value or a Disney Springs place.
Yes, you have to take everything into consideration, but you can sometimes find rental cars for pretty cheap; however, parking at resorts can eat up any savings. We used to stay a moderates at WDW, but stayed at POP last time, for an average of about $115 per night. Looking at ressies now, since the skyliner is in place, some rooms are going for $200 and more. That's not a value anymore.

I have stayed at POP, most recently in August. An ECV will definitely fit in the room. We left the Murphy bed up, pulled scooter in at an angle and placed between coffee cabinet and dresser. After I was safely ou t of scooter, the Murphy bed was open. Leaving in morning just raised Murphy bed. We had 2 adults and 1 Disney adult.

I agree with others by the time you add the price of off site resorts, their park in and resort fees, plus the cost of renting a car (I've never heard of anyone renting a trailer with a rental car.). Possibly two different companies, it would be cheaper to stay onsite at a value.

I have stayed at POP, most recently in August. An ECV will definitely fit in the room. We left the Murphy bed up, pulled scooter in at an angle and placed between coffee cabinet and dresser. After I was safely ou t of scooter, the Murphy bed was open. Leaving in morning just raised Murphy bed. We had 2 adults and 1 Disney adult.

I agree with others by the time you add the price of off site resorts, their park in and resort fees, plus the cost of renting a car (I've never heard of anyone renting a trailer with a rental car.). Possibly two different companies, it would be cheaper to stay onsite at a value.

Not for us. We get a huge 4 bed/3 bath house with private pool and hot tub for $100/night. 8888-10 people can stay here. If we want we can Uber to the parks and back for cheaper than a day's parking. Plus, we have a full kitchen if we want to eat some meals at home. Much better deal for us, and nicer accommodations.

Not for us. We get a huge 4 bed/3 bath house with private pool and hot tub for $100/night. 8888-10 people can stay here. If we want we can Uber to the parks and back for cheaper than a day's parking. Plus, we have a full kitchen if we want to eat some meals at home. Much better deal for us, and nicer accommodations.

You do realize you said "not for us" and then change some of the parameters of the trip?

You do realize you said "not for us" and then change some of the parameters of the trip?

Ha! I was thinking the same thing, @maxiesmom! This isn't a generic offsite vs onsite thread.

If you need room for 10 people and have no mobility issues, offsite is going to be cheaper.

If there are only 2 or 3 in your party, and you need to transport an extra large scooter, you don't need 4 bedrooms and you can't use Uber.

For OP, staying in Disney Springs or a WDW value hotel is going to provide both lower price and greater convenience.

That's a big house if 8888 people can stay there. :-)

Keep in mind many of the offsite resorts offer an included breakfast. To find one closer to WDW most of them will cost over $80/night. Normally, we can eat a hearty included breakfast and spend our time in the park without eating a meal. Then, when we leave the Disney park we will eat offsite. We look for restaurant coupons before the trip. Restaurant.com and groupon are helpful in finding cheaper eating places and deals on their sites. You can web sign up to the actual restaurants and some will give you a free appetizer or dessert for signing up.

About the cheapest resort I would suggest is Wyndham's Wingate in Kissimmee. Our favorite offsite resort is Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista. Residence Inn like Disney has a resort fee for parking now. You can find offsite resorts without a parking fee.

We have had scooters delivered to Residence Inn. The heaviest scooter we have transported in a large car trunk was a Pride Victory 10 which is rated for 400 pounds. It was hard to do this and we did it with two people. This scooter comes apart, but some vendors like Buena Vista make it impossible for you to take this scooter apart. You can put some scooter parts in the car if you have room there if it doesn't all fit into the trunk.

Car/SUV and Van rentals normally do not come with hitches. And as others have said it gets very expensive with a trailer and everything if you can get one with a hitch. Whatever monies you would gain staying offsite would be lost with a more expensive vehicle rental for a scooter and trailer. This is harder to drive and park, too.

I feel you have two options. Go to an onsite Disney value resort. I absolutely know the scooter will fit in the room. Now, if you feel it's too tight to get in and out of the resort room easily you can always lift the bed before you bring the scooter in the room. Then, once you park the scooter in the room you can bring the bed down again if you need to use both beds. Do the same in reverse to get the scooter out. Also, if you feel intimidated about it then maybe someone in your party could do this part for you.

Another choice would be to rent at the parks and forego a scooter at the resort. Then, stay offsite anywhere. Of course, you need to make sure you get to the park early enough to secure a scooter rental at the park. And it's more expensive to rent at the park. If you can't do the trek without a scooter to the park you can bring a wheelchair to get you back and forth from the parks if you have a willing and capable pusher. Scooter rental will hold your wheelchair for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter