Good but cheap hotels in Clearwater or St Petes?

loz

Earning My Ears
Please can anyone tell me if they have been to a good but cheapish hotel for a few days in Clearwater or St Petersburg? We are wanting to spend a few days at one or another. Any other nice beach hotels would be much appreciated. Thanks Loz.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Clearwater Beach last June. I think it was $65 plus tax per night with the entertainment card. It was nice and clean and right on the beach. We would stay there again. The kids also ate free at breakfast with us.

We are going in June for 2 weeks. We want to go to the beach. Last time we went a waiter at RFC told us the Gulf side is much nicer. I was looking at a map and Clearwater look like it would be really good. Is the Gulf side more Carribean ( white sand beaches, aqua water?) I have actually never been to the Atlantic ocean. Live on the Pacific though and it never nice here!

I have been to both sides and the gulf side is my favorite. White sand, like sugar, and beautiful sunsets. clearwater is a bit newer looking than St. Pete`s, but You could maybe arrange to fly home from the airport at St. Petes instead of driving back to orlando. I would pay a little extra and stay at the Pink hotel in St. Pete`s-name escapes me right now, but it is famous. Type St. Petes into your search engine and the name of the hotel should pop up. Have a great time.

The big pink hotel....is the Don Ceasar.... which is lovely and quite$$$$. There is a Radisson on the water that we stayed at about 5 years ago, however we had lots of problems with it (mold in the rooms and musty). There is a hotel called the Alden right on the beach next to the Radisson. That was supposed to be nice and not terribly $$$. There is another hotel owned by the Raddisonn called the Sandpiper Inn. I had orignally reservations at the Days Inn in St. Pete's, however when we checked in and saw the room, it wasn't what I expected either, so we check right out. It's hard for a moderately $$$ room on St. Pete's beach I found. The Don Ceasar, would be where I will stay next. They now have their beach house hotel(although they BOTH are on the beach) the beach resort is more like a motel, where the Don is a 5 star hotel that looks like a big pink mansion! I have been inside and you can't go wrong there.

I started a thread over on the the orlando hotels board re: Stpetes Beach ..take alook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter