Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast

SNOWHITE7

Mouseketeer
It's great to have this new DLP board especially as I've just booked 5 nights at DLP in August :) . We have been 4 times before but not recently - so now I have somewhere to ask all my questions ;). I have read in the brochures about the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast and wondered if anyone has done this. We will be staying at the Sequoia Lodge and that is one of the hotels where it is included. I would like to know when I need to book it and what it is like.

I recently joined the Disney Vacation Club and booked the trip using points through Member Services so I haven't had any contact direct with the DLP yet.

Yes, we did it twice in August. They serve croissants, hard rolls, cheese, ham (we made sandwiches), yogurt, fruit salad, cold cereal, sweet rolls, milk, juice and coffee. The same offerings were at the Sequoia Lodge. Breakfast is served buffet style, all you can eat.

Yes, the breakfast ofering itself doesn't change, it is just a question of a different venue. You should be asked when you check in where you would prefer to have your breakfast and, if they don't ask, you need to make your request then. Obviously they can cater for only so many in Fantasyland each morning, so there is a limit, so it is usually best to check on this option first thing at check-in.

Please check that you don't need to book before you go - on our last visit, although previously we'd been able to book at the Concierge to eat breakfast in the park when we'd arrived, we were told we needed to have booked this in advance through our tour operator.

Book before you go ! We had the same problem as Shirley - basically we got laughed at when we tried to book it on arrival at the Sequoia :(

I did this last Spring and was able to request which day I wanted the breakfast when we checked in at the Sequoia Lodge...but it sounds like this has changed.

While I'm sure it's a great benefit to get ahead of crowds during peak times, I personally didn't mind eating at my Disney hotel - the breakfast offerings are identical and if you're not an early riser like me, you don't have to 'travel' as far to get that morning coffee or tea and it seemed easier to get seated if you missed your seating time (which we did on the days we had breakfast at the hotel) :)

One thing that surprised me were all the guests that were taking extra rolls, cheese etc. and storing them in their back packs for later (for lunch I'm guessing?). I guess it somewhat shocked me - as I have never done something like that.

Did anyone else notice this...esp. at the Fantasyland breakfast?

One thing that surprised me were all the guests that were taking extra rolls, cheese etc. and storing them in their back packs for later (for lunch I'm guessing?). I guess it somewhat shocked me - as I have never done something like that.

........ we saw one (large) family do this too- the mother was making up ham and cheese rolls by the dozen!!! It certainly took us aback!!! We felt very concerned that this might lead to a different system where you'd be charged for individual items.

We booked at the conceierge desk when we checked in, but it was in January so the parks were very quiet mid-week. It gave us the chance to be in the park an hour before opening - no rides open but a good time to take photos.

Libby

We went in October school holiday week just gone - stayed at Newport Bay. Tried to book this prior to departure but it was full. Had to book the breakfast time each morning for the restaurant at NB. On the last morning, we were asked if we would like to do the Good Morning Fantasyland - there was no extra charge. Went to an Italian restaurant - can't remember it's name but it was very nice and almost empty. Offerings were the same as NB.

Sue

Thanks for all your replies. I Emailed DLP to try to book in advance but was told that as I had booked through the Disney Vacation Club using points they could not add anything to my booking. I had wanted to book the day trip to Paris and Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show as well but they couldn't do that either. :(
They did suggest I try phoning the hotel direct as it seems my booking goes direct to them, so I think that's what I'll have to do.

Thanks again for your advice.

Did you try calling the DVC Member Services to see if they could help you in planning your 'extras' that you want to add? I would try that route before calling the hotel.
Good luck,
:earsgirl:

Firstly Hi to everyone im new here, great board.

I have been to dlrp 4 times, and been on the good morning fantasyland breakfast each time. Its a Sequioa Lodge/New Port Bay quality breakfast, but not as good as New Yorks. The breakfast is in Au Chalet de la Marionnette (please feel free to correct my spelling :D ). Dumbo and the Tea Cups are open to ride, which is the best bit.

I have never pre-booked it but on the contary always been offered it at the concierge. At SL in summer they asked if on the first morning we would mind the fantasyland breakfast as the hotel was full, this also happened at new port at halloween.

Last visit at the Hotel New York, where the breakfast is not normally offered they said we could dine in fantasyland at weekend due to a "special offer". As i love entering an empty Main Street i snatched their hand off ;) .

Character breakfasts in the Disneyland Hotel, Cafe Mickey in Disney Village and Walts in Main street are available at a price, adult £12, kids £8. Plus an afternoon character tea party at Plaza Gardens for £9 is offered.

Sarah

Thans Sarah :D
Which character breakfast would you reccomend, and are you allowed to have your breakfast in Fantasyland every morning or just the once ?

PS: Welcome to the boards :p

Thanks for your welcomes!

You can have your breakfast in the park every morning of your stay in a DLRP hotel (except HNY and DLH), as long as it isnt booked up, which ive never experienced.

For character breakfasts pick Walts if you can. To be honest ive never had a character breakfast, just good morning fantasyland ones. However from reading other forums etc it would seem Walts is the best. It is a very classy restaurant and you see characters aplenty. Im sure someone else will be able to tell you of their first hand experiences.

Anyway i'd definately recommend a Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast as it gets you ahead of the crowds and saves you waiting for Dumbo for 50 mins+

Plus you get to see the little imagineering joke of the exit sign in au challet de la marionnette while you tuck into your cornflakes;)

Sarah

Thanks Sarah - I'll call tommorow and book :D
What time would you reccomend that I book both the character and Fantasyland breakfasts for ?

We had a character breakfast in Walt's last visit. Beautiful surroundings, more like small rooms than a large restaurant. Meantthat the characters came to small groups of tables at a time and for the most part it worked (apart from teh odd escited child running back and fore :D )

Wasn't that impressed with the food though. Basket of pastries, 'fruit' juice (not sure what flavour!) and a plated meal. The full breakfast was OK but the alternatives are very small portions.

It was lovely to walk down a deserted Main Street - we had teh early sitting booked and there was nobody to be seen - ideal opportunity to get that photo of the family wih the Castle in the background :Pinkbounc

Great! When do you go to DLRP and where are you staying (if its on the forum somewhere sorry for making you repeat this but i havnt seen it)?

On the question of when to book breakfast for, well that depends on what time of year you visit - i guess your going at a time when the park opens at 9.00am. Also it depends on what you rate higher - more sleep or extra time in the park. I'd say to maximise your time but not be getting up in the small hours maybe have breakfast at 8.00 or if its low season 8.30 will be ok. Remember if you have breakfast a bit later e.g. 8.30 you can ride the fantasyland rides first then eat a bit later - the retaurant still serves till 10.00 and they wont mind if your a bit late. To get the best out of it though 8.00 or 8.15 will be best. You can do all the open rides first and be ready for the rest opening at 9.00 then! Fantasyland doesnt open untill 8.00 so you cant eat till then.

We normally ate at 8.30 which was fine but it depends on how much you wish to get done in the morning and how much time you have at the resort.

Im sure you will have a great time!

Sarah

Thankyou both :D

I think the character breakfast at Walt's is going to have to be a must do. It sounds lovely. I can imagine my little one's face :D
Do you know what characters they have at Walt's ?

We're not really early morning people, and we never eat breakfast that early, but we're going to have to make an exception for this.
Do you pay on booking or do you pay at the restaurant ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!