MinnesoTristan

Mouseketeer
Two things I always notice when visiting DLR are how many hotels are within walking distance of the parks, and how many hotels are closer than the one where you're staying. I needed a little project to keep me busy tonight, so I thought I'd look up walking directions and rank the good neighbor hotels by distance. I didn't realize that there were about 50 of them until after I started, and some of them have very long names. I also thought I would include how many hotels are within each of the major hotel rewards families too, for anyone who collects points.

Here is the full list, with minutes listed first, followed by miles. At a certain point, the hotels are no longer within walking distance, but I used the same format for each hotel to be consistent. I apologize if someone has already posted something like this, but hopefully this is helpful for people planning their trips.

1. 5, 0.3 - Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
  2. 6, 0.3 - Tropicana Inn & Suites
  3. 7, 0.3 - Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
  4. 7, 0.4 - Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites
  5. 7, 0.4 - Grand Legacy at the Park
  6. 9, 0.5 - Fairfield by Marriott Anaheim Resort
  7. 10, 0.5 - The Anaheim Hotel
  8. 10, 0.5 - Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance
  9. 11, 0.6 - Candy Cane Inn
  10. 12, 0.6 - Castle Inn & Suites
  11. 12, 0.6 - Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
  12. 13, 0.6 - Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anaheim Resort Area
  13. 13, 0.6 - Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
  14. 13, 0.7 - Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
  15. 14, 0.7 - Anaheim Portofino Inn & Suites
  16. 15, 0.7 - Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
  17. 15, 0.7 - Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
  18. 15, 0.7 - Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort Convention Center
  19. 15, 0.7 - SpringHIll Suites by Marriott at Anaheim Resort Convention Center
  20. 16, 0.8 - Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
  21. 17, 0.8 - Clementine Hotel & Suites
  22. 17, 0.8 - SunCoast Park Hotel (Tapestry Collection by HIlton)
  23. 18, 0.9 - Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
  24. 19, 1.0 - Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
  25. 20, 1.0 - Cortona Inn & Suites
  26. 20, 1.0 - Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort Area Convention Center
  27. 20, 1.0 - Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
  28. 21, 1.0 - Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
  29. 21, 1.0 - Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
  30. 21, 1.0 - Candlewood Suites Anaheim Resort Area
  31. 21, 1.0 - Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort Convention Center
  32. 21, 1.1 - Anaheim Marriott
  33. 21, 1.1 - Hilton Anaheim
  34. 22, 1.1 - Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
  35. 22, 1.1 - Doubletree Suites by HIlton Hotel Anaheim Resort
  36. 22, 1.1 - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim
  37. 23, 1.2 - Best Western Plus Pavilions
  38. 23, 1.2 - Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
  39. 28, 1.4 - Springhill Suites by Marriott Anaheim Maingate
  40. 30, 1.5 - Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Anaheim Garden Grove
  41. 31, 1.5 - Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area
  42. 31, 1.5 - Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort Area
  43. 33, 1.6 - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim Garden Grove
  44. 33, 1.6 - Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort Garden Grove
  45. 34, 1.6 - Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South
  46. 36, 1.7 - Hyatt Regency Orange County
  47. 38, 1.8 - Delta Hotels by Marriott Anaheim Garden Grove
  48. 38, 1.9 - Anaheim Marriott Suites
  49. 39, 1.9 - Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Maingate
  50. 1:57, 5.9 - Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Hotel Groups:
Bonvoy - 12 Hotels
Hilton - 10 Hotels
Best Western - 5 Hotels
IHG - 5 Hotels
Hyatt - 3 Hotels
Wyndham - 1 Hotel
Choice - 1 Hotel

Cheers!

Yes, I was working off of the Good Neighbors list, there are so many additional resorts with good ratings and reviews. I had a great stay at the Islander Inn on Katella with a one bedroom suite for only $105/night one trip.

Yes, I was working off of the Good Neighbors list, there are so many additional resorts with good ratings and reviews. I had a great stay at the Islander Inn on Katella with a one bedroom suite for only $105/night one trip.
To Shower and Sleep, the Desert Inn and Suites (DI&S) if booked a long way out can have a nice low rate.
I booked a week the end of August 2020 back in December 2019 for $89/night, today same room is $169/nt.
I have always found it clean and a safe place to stay. So close to the cross walk is a nice perk at the end of the day.

Remember, the only reason a motel/hotel gets a "Good Neighbor" rating is because they will set aside a certain number of rooms for Disney to sell, and will accept them back unsold with less than 48 hours to check in. So, really, "Good Neighbor" means nothing.

Ah, I was wondering why a lot of hotels were missing! They aren't Good Neighbor (which I agree with others: the designation means nothing of real value to the guest). Definitely worth it to look the non Good Neighbor hotels up too if you want another project to focus on.

Immediately noticed La Quinta missing. That's a good one for those traveling with pets (no pet fee and, if your pet is well behaved and quiet, can stay solo in the room). It has gone up in cost since Wyndham bought them and more difficult to get rewards nights, though :crazy2:. But still not as expensive as some other locations. Although no longer one of the cheapest.

To Shower and Sleep, the Desert Inn and Suites (DI&S) if booked a long way out can have a nice low rate.
I booked a week the end of August 2020 back in December 2019 for $89/night, today same room is $169/nt.
I have always found it clean and a safe place to stay. So close to the cross walk is a nice perk at the end of the day.

Yeah, I'd definitely include Desert Inn & Suites. It's a really decent hotel and very close.

This is really cool! What a great idea!

We've only stayed at BWPPI, and that 5 minute walk is a game changer. I'd have a hard time staying further away after that experience!

This is such a fabulous resource. I appreciate you writing it out!

We usually stay at the Motel 6 on Disney Way, number 23 on the list. I can usually get a last minute deal for $100/night and the parking is free. We always want to stay closer because of convenience but then I end up choosing cost over convenience.

This list is just what I need to plan for my trip hopefully in October 2020. If anyone hears of any great deals on hotels, give me a shout!:cloud9:

Also, depending on the timing, Candy Cane Inn can be shorter than some because I'm not sure the minutes count for those across the street take into account the possible 2-3 minutes you may have to wait at the crosswalk!

Sorry, just over thinking it and getting WAY too technical! LOL.

Thanks for the list!!

Had the Clarion Hotel booked for July but my concert in Inglewood got cancelled so looking to reschedule for the fall or maybe even in Feb as I'll have time off work for a week. I noticed that the Clarion and the Cortona were right across from the Toy Story parking lot, from the looks of google maps we could just walk across the street and take one of their busses ? Is that possible !? My mom is 57, she could totally do the walk in the morning but I worry about her walking back after the park closes !

Had the Clarion Hotel booked for July but my concert in Inglewood got cancelled so looking to reschedule for the fall or maybe even in Feb as I'll have time off work for a week. I noticed that the Clarion and the Cortona were right across from the Toy Story parking lot, from the looks of google maps we could just walk across the street and take one of their busses ? Is that possible !? My mom is 57, she could totally do the walk in the morning but I worry about her walking back after the park closes !

Yes, you can walk into the TS lot to take the buses to the parks.

There are some old threads with similar information, though some of them are outdated. Here's one that's pretty comprehensive, with links: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-list-w-discussion-details-of-hotels.2796786/

This is very old, but good because it gives you some perspective about relative distances between onsite hotels and the hotels across Harbor. It mentions the GCH "secret"entrance, (exit, really, you couldn't get in, only out-- it came out by La Brea Bakery), which is no longer there: https://www.mouseplanet.com/7280/How_Far_Is_It

Can anyone tell me about the new Home2 Suites by Hilton that is being built on South Manchester (looks like it is behind the Fairfield Inn) that is supposed to open in the Fall? I currently have rooms at the Castle Inn but the layout of the rooms at Home2 seem like a better fit (looking for a 2 bedroom for 4 adults and 2 toddlers). On google maps it says a 13 min walk/0.7 miles away. I am wondering if there will be a way to walk past Fairfield reducing the walk. The price of the rooms are about the same except Home2 Suites is valet only at $22 a day. We are going in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!