MiraclesTakeTime

Mouseketeer
We have a on-site vacay package booked this fall, but with looking our dining package deal, and looking at re-booking next year, I'm trying to figure out what the point is at re-booking on-site? If there's no dining plans and no discounts, and I can't transfer my 35% discount...

It seems like i will get a better deal at a Good Neighbor Hotel which will also have fast pass and shuttle. We have always stayed on Disney property though. What has been everyone's experience with staying at these other resorts?

You'll find discussion of those resorts on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. I'll move this over there for you.

We go a few times a year, we stay off site at Sheraton vistana no 60 day fp, no transportation etc.
We still find it worth it because we get a two bedroom/ living room resort room for about 200 a night. A room like this at Disney would be 1000 a night.

We go a few times a year, we stay off site at Sheraton vistana no 60 day fp, no transportation etc.
We still find it worth it because we get a two bedroom/ living room resort room for about 200 a night. A room like this at Disney would be 1000 a night.

Thank you. We would still like to find one that has shuttle service, since we would be flying in.

We have a on-site vacay package booked this fall, but with looking our dining package deal, and looking at re-booking next year, I'm trying to figure out what the point is at re-booking on-site? If there's no dining plans and no discounts, and I can't transfer my 35% discount...

It seems like i will get a better deal at a Good Neighbor Hotel which will also have fast pass and shuttle. We have always stayed on Disney property though. What has been everyone's experience with staying at these other resorts?
Thank you. We would still like to find one that has shuttle service, since we would be flying in.

Since there is often confusion about the Good Neighbor hotels, just wanted to make sure that is what you really want. They get NO perks, they are only "approved" by Disney like a AAA approval. But there are lots of them so you would have good options.

https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/
Again, if you are looking for 60 day or whatever the advanced FP+ situation may be .... these hotels do not get this perk. Some of the hotels may offer a free/charge shuttle but again look closely at that. Many of them only offer a few trips per day, some share with other hotels and often they only go to say Epcot and then you have to take a Disney bus elsewhere. I don't know of any hotel that offers bus service from the airport to the hotel if you were looking for that.

Anyone can make FP+ reservations but only a few hotels get the advance like the Disney hotels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the Disney Perks that have been offered, again not sure what is happening going forward, then you must look at -

- Official Walt Disney World Hotels - which are the ones at Disney Springs. Great bus system to parks. https://disneyspringshotels.com/
- Bonnett Creek - Hilton & Waldorf Astoria. Good shuttle service to parks.
- Four Seasons. Good shuttle service to parks.
- Shades of Green if you quality.

I have over 140 onsite stays and now I only stay off site. If I did not have a car I would only consider one of the above hotels to stay in.

Interesting, I didn't realize they had dropped the requirement for FREE shuttle transportation. They do still require the GN Hotels to offer transportation but they can charge a fee according to the site. Had always assumed that was why Vistana Resort didn't charge hotel stay guests for the Disney shuttle, so they could qualify for the program.

I have a car so never use the available shuttles. But I always pick up a schedule and information or ask .... because we are a group of adults there could always someone who wants to stay later than myself. I have come across a number of them that require reservations and a fee, while not much .... better off using uber ... especially when you usually have to get yourself to another park for pick up.

Interesting you say that about Vistana .... I have stayed there a few times for cash. First time we had no offers for shuttle so I assumed they didn't exist. Another time I inquired, although with no in depth questions, and the comments I got ... "pay service we could book." It was confusing and they didn't have anything to hand us so just let it go, uber worked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter