Good places to sit, read and write

ebusinessguru

Mouseketeer
hey, haven't really posted much. But I'm solo here at Disney (now till Saturday). Wondering what everyone would recommend as a good place to sit and do some reading/writing for some restful moments in the day/evening. Extra bonus if I can nibble on food/or grab a meal.

Visiting from Australia, DVC and AP (until this weekend). Was thinking top of the world Lounge? Or pick one of the less crowded resort cafes/restaurants ?

Really open to some suggestions and dialogue.

Thanks in advance
Chris

This time of year you will find it hard to get a spot to read and eat/drink in peace. One of my go-to spots is AKL's Victoria Falls, but after the dinner crowd is gone. Many of the bars tend to be full of people waiting for their dinner reservations, so if you can wait a bit later, they tend to be less busy. You could nibble at Victoria Falls and then find a more quiet spot to read / write at the lodge. I'm sure others will have better suggestions.

Ooo nice. That's the one just above Boma right? Might give it a try. I wonder if they have anything at the new Copper Creek?

I actually don't mind a bit of hustle and bustle (it's Disneyworld after all). Just don't wanna get in people's way...

We found a good spot near Commissary Lane at HS that was great for kicking back at bit and people watching. At Epcot, in the England pavilion if there is no performance going on.

Are you looking for locations outside of the parks? One of the locations I like is the second floor of Disney's Contemporary Resort. There is a long hallway to the Convention Center with a lot of comfortable sofas and this area really doesn't have too much foot traffic other than Disney security guards doing their walk through. Very quiet location to do some writing or taking a brief nap. There is also some good restaurants like Chef Mickey's and California Grill one escalator ride away from this area.

In terms of in Magic Kingdom, there were a couple of rocking chairs next to the Hall of Presidents entrance. It is not directly in the main travel path so it is a nice quiet location that is a bit secluded although I am not sure if the chairs are still there.

Are you looking for locations outside of the parks? One of the locations I like is the second floor of Disney's Contemporary Resort. There is a long hallway to the Convention Center with a lot of comfortable sofas and this area really doesn't have too much foot traffic other than Disney security guards doing their walk through. Very quiet location to do some writing or taking a brief nap. There is also some good restaurants like Chef Mickey's and California Grill one escalator ride away from this area.

In terms of in Magic Kingdom, there were a couple of rocking chairs next to the Hall of Presidents entrance. It is not directly in the main travel path so it is a nice quiet location that is a bit secluded although I am not sure if the chairs are still there.

Inside or Outside is fine, I'm pretty flexible and up for some variety. Tonight was Boathouse for very late dinner (11pm). I might check out Contemporary actually. Thanks!

The Top of the World Lounge doesn't open until 6PM or so and can get crowed as it get closer to the firework show so I would personally find some other spot. As a DVC member I often find quite spots and comfy chairs in almost all the lobbies at the deluxe resorts. I also like the seating on the second level at Animal Kingdom Village that looks over the savanna right off the main lobby. You should also find some quite spots at some of the less popular pool areas at some of the resorts like Bay Lake Tower. Good luck finding your quite spot and enjoy your trip.

At AKL-K the reading room/inside over-look of the savanna.
At AKL-J either of the outdoor savanna over-looks with the rocking chairs.
2nd the BC-Solarium.
At SSR there is a walkway between SSR and DS that goes along the lake, near the opposite end of the walkway from the bridge to DS from SSR there is a covered seating area. I find that that location is almost always empty. You have a full view of the boats on the lake, DS across the lake, quiet, but no food/drinks.

My fave is the 2nd floor of the Wilderness Lodge lobby- there's a little room above the entry door that has a fireplace and its perfect! Sometimes Whispering Canyon gets a little loud, depending on the time of day (or night), so there's also additional seating on that same floor on the opposite side of the lobby.

If that doesn't work out, the Iron Spike room at the Villas there is also a wonderful quiet place too!

My book or Kindle by the water with a drink at the Polynesian. In the lobby of the WL in a big chair next to the fireplace--especially in December with all the Xmas decorations. On the big porch at BWI. It's hard to find a shady spot to yourself in the parks and the restaurants in the parks aren't always amenable to you just lingering. That said, if a quieter time at EPCOT WS, I've sat outside Katsura Grill (QS) in Japan pavilion and in the back of the UK pavilion if no characters or concerts--they can be nice and quiet on the right days.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :) I had an absolute blast going solo at Disney. Managed to find a few quiet spots. My top places were:

1. Captains Grille, Boatwright, Olivia's: quite random I know, but they had 30% off meals, so it was affordable to eat dinner and stay. Plus they weren't crowded (after 8:30pm)

2. Loved the wave breakfast

3. Tried out contemporary second floor (so quiet)

4. Liked boathouse late at night too

Can't wait till the next solo trip. It might be a while though.

The lobby bar is pretty quiet in the afternoon at the Dolphin and their pool bar is the BEST on property in terms of seating, food, and drinks - by orders of magnitude. (Why the other deluxes don't have proper pool bars/lounges is a question I can't even.) When the Bluezoo opens until about 7:00 its very quiet and great cocktails. SRT is a great place to sit outside and enjoy some food and drinks in a lovely atmosphere.

What about the French bakery in Epcot? it opens for breakfast when the park does but the rest of the attractions in that area of the park aren't open. Grab a coffee and croissant and sit by the water - that sounds like a lovely morning to me.

What about the French bakery in Epcot? it opens for breakfast when the park does but the rest of the attractions in that area of the park aren't open. Grab a coffee and croissant and sit by the water - that sounds like a lovely morning to me.

Ah, yes! How could I forget to suggest that? I remember spending a few mornings sitting listening to the music and the sound of the fountain while I ate my creme brûlée and sipped my coffee. So peaceful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter