Good restaurants in DL or DCA

safetymom

dis veteran
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dinner in DL or DCA? We did the Blue Bayou last year. Looking for something different this time. Thanks.

I really like Hook's Pointe over at the DL Hotel. I've never done the winemaker's dinner at DCA, but that is supposed to be good.

What do want to eat? Seafood, Italian, Mexican, American, Cajun?

I like Hook's Pointe, though it is on the pricey side, as well as Jazz Kitchen, and Storyteller Cafe... and Tortilla Jo's... and Naples Italian Ristorante

We loved Jazz Kitchen! The food is terrific and the al fresco dining is very enjoyable. We, and my in-laws, were not that impressed with Hook's Pointe - most of the selections seemed just average, with the exception of the salad with sliced pear and bleu cheese, and the fried calamari, which I was told were quite good.

Jazz Kitchen is in DTD. Cost was not bad and it was a mix of foods. Hopefully someone can provide you with better details.

Jazz Kitchen serves similiar to what you'd find in New Orleans (Cajun). We have never eaten at the sit down restaurant but, have had food at the walk-up eatery. They have po-boy sandwiches, shrimp and fries, chicken, etc. Everything we've had has been really good! :teeth:

We especially like getting begniets (sp?) there everyday--very yummy! :teeth: They are open early for a quick bite to eat on the way to DL.

As for eating in DL itself, try Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.
Big servings, freshly-made, good prices and even healthy too!!
We ate their twice on our last trip.
Try the Chicken Fusilli or the Tomato Basil pasta...both yummy!!!
I also heard their pizza is good too.

The pizza at Pizza Port is terrible, but the salads and pasta are good!

We did not like Jazz Kitchen at all! But, it looks like we are in the minority on that one! I thought the service was awful and the food was not very good either! Too expensive for what we got!

We love the Rainforest Cafe. Huge portions and resonable prices! We also like Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland!

I love the French Market in New Orleans Square. Our family of four splits two fried chicken dinners, they are huge! I just love the atmosphere there. I also love having Mickey pancakes at Riverbelle Terrace one morning on each trip. Just sitting there looking at the river is so great. In DCA we love Taste Pilots Grill for burgers and ribs, great place to eat before riding Soarin. As far as DTD we have really enjoyed Naples, Rainforest Cafe and Tortilla Joe's. At Tortilla Joes we always eat outside in the cantina which has a more limited menu but it was still good. One of our favorite places for a nicer, sit down meal is Hook's Pointe. We have only been there one time but it was wonderful the night we were there. Maybe because it was our first night on our first trip to Disneyland two years ago. I don't know why we have never returned, we need to remedy that! One note: we thought the pizza at Redd Rockets to be pretty good until we tried the disgusting pizza at WDW. Now Redd Rocket's is the best Disney pizza we have eaten by far! I have seen whole threads dedicated to the nasty pizza at WDW so Disneyland should be proud of their pie!

If you're at DCA, why not walk over to the Grand Californian and have dinner at Napa Rose? I had dinner there on Saturday and it was superlative. A true fine dining in a stunning room. Never mind we had shorts and short-sleeved sport shirts on with our walking shoes - we apologized profusely; they told us they don't mind one bit! The food and service were spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter