Good salad within parks?

KMc Charlotte

Earning My Ears
I've been eating healthy lately (no sugar and no flour), so salads are often my best bets when eating out. Even though I'm on vacation, I'd like to stick with my diet since I feel better and have more energy when I eat healthy. Where can I get a good salad within the parks? It looks like the Today Cafe had some nice choices. The rest of my crew will not be wanting salads, so ideally, we'd like places that will have yummy food and some salads. We've done Mythos in the past, but I think we'd prefer a faster meal.

I hope someone responds. Same situation here- we are vegetarians and my husband is quite picky about getting his veggies in!

The food at the new Today Cafe looks like it has healthier options than most places and their salads and sandwiches look great. I honestly can't remember seeing any salads listed at the counter service locations. If you're willing to step out of the parks a bit, it looks like Breadbox on City Walk also has a couple of salad options and their sandwiches are also really good!

I hope someone responds. Same situation here- we are vegetarians and my husband is quite picky about getting his veggies in!

Craig and Ryno (Dis Unplugged) have been doing some videos of them eating at food locations within Universal and Ryno almost always gets a vegetarian or vegan option so I would suggest checking out their videos on Dis Universal Youtube page to get an idea of which places in the parks have good vegetarian options and which ones to stay away from!

Leaky Cauldron has a two person sized plate of mostly healthy items (can't recall; think its called the ploughman's platter, or something like that). About half of it is greens

I often eat salads in the parks - here are my favorites.... all so good!
Mythos - Signature Greek Salad or the Mixed Baby Greens
Confisco Grill - Greek Salad
Simpson Food Court - Caesar Salad - this I get with a cup of Clam Chowder
NBC - Grilled Steak Wedge
Margaritaville - Caribbean Blackened Salmon

I dream about the Irish Cobb salad at Finnigans. It is huge! Might not be the healthiest though, as I'm remembering blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and a scotch egg, amongst the standard salad veg and an apple-beet salad topping (YUM)

Leaky Cauldron has a two person sized plate of mostly healthy items (can't recall; think its called the ploughman's platter, or something like that). About half of it is greens
My understanding of the ploughman’s platter is that it’s sized for two, and includes a number of English cheeses, some of which like Stilton may be too strong a taste for many people. It also includes a very non-vegetarian scotch egg, but apparently that can be omitted upon request.

Personally, there’s nothing I’d want for lunch or dinner at the Leaky Cauldron, and at the Three Broomsticks, if forced, I’d survive on the side salad and roasted garlic potatoes.

My understanding of the ploughman’s platter is that it’s sized for two, and includes a number of English cheeses, some of which like Stilton may be too strong a taste for many people. It also includes a very non-vegetarian scotch egg, but apparently that can be omitted upon request.
Agree. But the OP didn't ask for a vegetarian option.

Louie's has a grilled chicken caesar.

Classic Monster Cafe
Black Lagoon Salad (UD) - $13.49
beef brisket, tomato, eggs, grains, kale, spinach, mixed greens, black tortilla strip and buttermilk ranch.

Today Cafe
The Traditional (UD) - $9.49
Caesar style, housemade croutons, Parmigiano-Reggiano

Kale with Oven Roasted Chicken (UD) - $12.49
shaved fennel, red delicious apples, sun-dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, maple dijon vinaigrette

SOHO (UD) - $12.49
roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, arugula, farro, avocado, prosciutto, lemon vinaigrette

Roasted Root Beets & Carrots (UD) - $10.99
baby spinach, quinoa, edamame, avocado, gorgonzola, toasted walnuts, honey dijon vinaigrette

Chinatown Chicken Salad (UD) - $12.49
baby arugula, napa cabbage, radicchio, shiitake mushrooms, daikon sprouts, wasabi cashews, soy peanut vinaigrette

Lisa's Teahouse at the Simpson's foodcourt also has veggie offerings.

Croissant Moon
Power Salad - $13.99
baby spinach with quinoa, garbanzo beans, chia seeds, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, avocado, goat cheese, and sunflower seeds tossed in lemon vinaigrette

Roasted Broccoli & Kale - $12.49
kale and baby spinach with roasted broccoli, dried cranberries, and almonds tossed in lemon vinaigrette

Thunder Falls Terrace
Rotisserie Chicken Salad (UD) - $11.49
Spring mix greens, dried cranberries, spicy pecans and a citrus vinaigrette.

Mixed Green Salad (UD) - $4.59

The rest of the counter service are your pretty standard chicken caesars.

Louie's has a grilled chicken caesar.

Classic Monster Cafe
beef brisket, tomato, eggs, grains, kale, spinach, mixed greens, black tortilla strip and buttermilk ranch.

Today Cafe
The Traditional (UD) - $9.49
Caesar style, housemade croutons, Parmigiano-Reggiano

Kale with Oven Roasted Chicken (UD) - $12.49
shaved fennel, red delicious apples, sun-dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, maple dijon vinaigrette

SOHO (UD) - $12.49
roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, arugula, farro, avocado, prosciutto, lemon vinaigrette

Roasted Root Beets & Carrots (UD) - $10.99
baby spinach, quinoa, edamame, avocado, gorgonzola, toasted walnuts, honey dijon vinaigrette

Chinatown Chicken Salad (UD) - $12.49
baby arugula, napa cabbage, radicchio, shiitake mushrooms, daikon sprouts, wasabi cashews, soy peanut vinaigrette

Lisa's Teahouse at the Simpson's foodcourt also has veggie offerings.

Croissant Moon
Power Salad - $13.99
baby spinach with quinoa, garbanzo beans, chia seeds, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, avocado, goat cheese, and sunflower seeds tossed in lemon vinaigrette

Roasted Broccoli & Kale - $12.49
kale and baby spinach with roasted broccoli, dried cranberries, and almonds tossed in lemon vinaigrette

Thunder Falls Terrace
Rotisserie Chicken Salad (UD) - $11.49
Spring mix greens, dried cranberries, spicy pecans and a citrus vinaigrette.

Mixed Green Salad (UD) - $4.59

The rest of the counter service are your pretty standard chicken caesars.

So many of these sound yummy and better sound better than I anticipated (I was envisioning fast food salads, lol). So nice of you to take the time to list all these options! Thank you!!!! Hopefully, others will find this thread useful too.

Classic Monster Cafe

Croissant Moon
Power Salad - $13.99

These sound nice! Has anyone tried either of them?

Didn’t Croissant Moon close?
It’s open- we’re here now.

Not a salad, but wanted to say there’s a large fruit plate in the cafeteria thing inside Moe’s bar. It’s on the right side kind of hidden. They have some salads and wraps in the same case (nothing amazing) but the fruit plate is a nice find. $8 and a variety. We shared it between four of us.

404695Islands of adventure- Dino land. Not sure if the restraunt name. It says rice bowls on the outside and is next to the waterfall. Terrible photo because I forgot to take it when we first got it,this is a salad my husband ordered. It usually comes with crainrasins but he asked them to leave that off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter