Good sign???

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
I leave for DL 1 month from tomorrow :cool1: . I have been checking expedia and there are still rooms available at all Disney hotels and many of the surrounding hotels. I keep hoping a good rate comes up on a DL hotel that I can grab, but I guess that is really wishful thinking. (I am booked at the CCI)
I am guessing that since there are rooms stil available at most hotels that the crowds will be, dare I say, manageable.

The crowds will be very manageable one month from now. 2nd week of August- the crowds die down a little.

moohammy said:
The crowds will be very manageable one month from now. 2nd week of August- the crowds die down a little.

That's great to hear! We'll be there Aug 22-26th. (mon-fri) I'm expecting big crowds, but if they are lighter than what I'm imagining, I'm not complaining. ;)

"The crowds will be very manageable one month from now. 2nd week of August- the crowds die down a little."

And that was the week we were to be going. :rotfl:
We had to make it the first week of Aug because my cousin moved his wedding from Oct in Indy to Aug in Jackson Hole Wy. I guess I can't complain too much since we will be going to Jackson Hole right after Disneyland.;)

Hopefully the first week of Aug will be manageable as well. I got a little nervous seeing posts about possible DL closing due crowds.

Regardless, we are very excited and are counting down the days!! :Pinkbounc

-Matthew

August should be fine, but generally speaking- the crowd thin out as the month goes on.
The longest line (excluding Space Mountain and Splash Mountain) should be 30 min.

Our trip is 8/27-9/2 with DL being the last 3 days (Wed-Fri). Looks like my strategy to slip into the value season is paying off; lower crowds and saving a ton with AP discount (5 nights DLH for $750 inc. tax ::yes:: ). The downside being early closing (10pm), just makes it easier to drag everyone out early the next morning. Still expecting it to be busy so will plan according to the DIS mantra, "Get there early and use FastPass".

puggymom said:
I leave for DL 1 month from tomorrow :cool1: . I have been checking expedia and there are still rooms available at all Disney hotels and many of the surrounding hotels. I keep hoping a good rate comes up on a DL hotel that I can grab, but I guess that is really wishful thinking. (I am booked at the CCI)
I am guessing that since there are rooms stil available at most hotels that the crowds will be, dare I say, manageable.

We have always been very happy with the Candy Cane. (That is CCI, isn't it?) We've stayed there many times. If you do end up there, it's quite comfortable and clean and they have a pretty good free breakfast (I know--it's not really free, you pay for it with your room). Nice walk to CA and DL.

We've stayed at the GC and loved it, but for the price and the amount of time we were in the room, CCI usually works out fine for us.

Have fun!

Have you ever been to DLR? It is really convienient to stay off site there. It is not like WDW. I stayed at PPH once... I got a Super Sundays AP rate of $59.00 on Suday/$79.00 M-TH. It was o.k., but I sure wouldn't spend any more $$'s on it. We stayed at HoJo's for the $49.00 Entertainment rate, and liked it just as much... and I think the walk was actually less!!
I also wanted to say that I am not a dog lover, but your pugs are SOOOO cute! My mom would LOVE them! :love:

Thanks scanmom, you can't resist those faces can you.

This is my first trip since 1976. I do like the looks of Candy Cane, but if an unexpectedly drop in prices occurred at a DL hotel, I would jump on it. Hey it can't hurt to dream.

Puggymom, maybe we will bump into you. We leave one month from today (August 14th). You will be arriving the day before. I'm glad to hear that the crowds will die down a bit by then. But we are prepared to have fun no matter what. It's probably is much easier on us than most, since it will just be DH and me. Our anniversary is the 14th. We're hoping to eat at Napa Rose that night, if I just could remember to make the ps.

One question: Do you think that we need to make ps for every night? It will just be 2 of us, but we do like to eat at the nicer restaurants for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter