GoogleFi service at Magic Kingdom

HombreDeLaMancha

Earning My Ears
I recently got Google Fi, carrying a price tag of about $75/mo. More expensive than T-Mobile but not as expensive as Verizon.

Yesterday (a Saturday on a long weekend), I just tried to use Google Fi's service at Magic Kingdom. It really struggled. Disney's Guest Wi-Fi was also struggling but I was expecting that - Fi really let me down. I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, and Boost Mobile at MK on busy days, without issue, before. It was so bad that Fi was having trouble connecting at all on the cellular network. I showed full 5G but the pages still timed out - and this was outside the rides. I checked and I was also still 7GB below when they begin to throttle data. It was also working fine after we left the park. My SO's service on a MNVO also worked fine.

We are at Disney 30 to 60 days out of the year so not having service at MK is significant. Anyone have any suggestions on a better provider that can handle the Disney congestion on busy days? We visit all parks but our go to's are MK and AK.

Did you have the Google VPN on? I believe it defaults to ON. If so I bet that was your issue. We've used Google Fi since it came out and had issues with Fi in the parks either on Dis Wifi or Fi. Once I turned off the VPN in the Fi app's security setting it was night and day

Did you have the Google VPN on? I believe it defaults to ON. If so I bet that was your issue. We've used Google Fi since it came out and had issues with Fi in the parks either on Dis Wifi or Fi. Once I turned off the VPN in the Fi app's security setting it was night and day
Thanks - yes it was on. I will try it without it next time. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter