Got a Dreams quote for a Secret Porthole Room!

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
I feel like I won the lottery! I got a quote from Dreams and it's a Secret Porthole room! BTW- I have gotten quite a few Dreams quotes in the last month or so and I want to thank all the agents. I am still trying to convince DH but rest assured that when I book I WILL be using DREAMS.... I love this site and it's something I can do for Pete that is mutually beneficial....

Anyway- back on topic.... the SPR means my family of 4 can take a 4 night cruise for less than $2000. How can I convince my dh that this is a good deal? The man would be content to stay right here in Maine forever and never travel:rolleyes: He does like the idea of cruising, but he doesn't want to part with the $$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh -- it is SO WORTH IT! But I wouldn't go any shorter than a full week anymore!;) Check out my website (linked below) for pics on two of the SPR's! Also look near the bottom of my cruise page for a VERY entertaining trip report by Hiddenhearth of the boards -- I'm sure your hubby would enjoy it.

And if THIS doesn't convince him -- maybe NOTHING will!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-dave-surial.htm

;)

Hi All,
I also got a quote from DU for a SPR, but I can't find reference of this Wonder #5002 as a SPR anywhere? Does anyone know if this is indeed a SPR?

Thanks

BTW, I was told this is a cat 10, it's only about $150 less than a cat 9, which would give a "full view" porthole so I am leaning towards a cat 9.

Any comments or advice?? Our first DCL!!!!

Also, thank you ALL for this board, the info I've gotten from here and member's websites are invaluable!!

Sue
:)

Spoon2003,
Did you by chance get your numbers mixed up? Cabin 5002 is not a SPR...5020 is.

Hi JOC,
Thanks for the quick response, the quote says 5002, that's why I'm asking. I also have an email back to DU to clarify the #. But dealing with DU via email is killing my patience, 24 hour is too long for a quick answer. Anyone know if I can just call them? In my last email to the TA, I even asked her to call me but she replied by email instead.

Sue

I haven't even really brought this up to dh yet.... I'm sick and I've lost my voice! Maybe the pathetic nature of my asking with this voice will do it!

Sue- what did you find out about your room??

Originally posted by wovenwonder
But I wouldn't go any shorter than a full week anymore!;)

;)

I TOTALLY agree with you on that...by the time we really got settled in our 4 day cruise was over! I would never do that one again, it has to be 7 days or nothing!

Oh believe me..... I would love to do a 7 day! I did the 4 night in January 2002 with my best friend and it was awesome!- BUT we (dh, 13 yo dd and 6 yo ds) have never been to WDW and we need to get a few days in there too. Maybe I can persuade dh to book a 7 while we are on the 4!;)

Sue,
Let us know how everything turns out.

5002 is a category 8 room...full porthole, great location. If you can get that room for a good price...jump on it!

Thanks My3kids,
I'm waiting to hear back from DU, if the quote is for #5002 ? or #5020. I don't know if the TA at DU did a typo and transposed the #s. I also emailed Cathy@DU and hope to get a quicker response from her. The TA I'm working with at DU must be part time as I would email early in the AM but don't hear back until the evening.

Sue

Got a quick reply from Cathy@DU, it was a typo :( So I do have a quote for a SPR in cat 10 and I'm going book that. Cat 9 is $300 more, think I'll save that for spending.

Thanks Cathy!

Sue

I did get a SPR, I was hoping for #5002 which is a cat 8 ocean view for the price of SPR.:p But really anywhere on DCL is better than HERE!!

Sue

Well then congratulations! (sorry I was confused) Definately save that money for spending..... You can check out the view from "your room" on Barb's site if you haven't already!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter