got my disney shares today!!

tracyjane

disney loving fanatic
hi all:wave2:
got my disney shares today, went to barclays, although they charge a £25 charge for the dealing(which is expencive i thought) it is the only bank in my area which did it in the bank, the rest of them tried to parm me of with phone numbers, but i would sooner be able to go in and sort anything out without having to get on the phone(cant beat face to face conversations). they cost me 19.5pence per share, i got £100 worth roughly 512 shares, is that enough to get all me discounts??. is there anything else i need to know about these shares ie:discounts,promotions ect..........
::MinnieMo tracy::MinnieMo

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

You only need 20 shares to become eligable to join the shareholders club. Once you get you certificate you need to send a copy of it with your application form which can be printed off www.eurodisney.com

Nikki

hi nikki
but if i have so many i dont need to pay the fee they chrge yearly or 2 years do i?

who will send me a certificate?

how long will all this take?

sorry for the questions..

tracy

Barclays should send you the certificate. If you don't get one then you have no proof you own the shares & therefore you will not be able to be a member of the shareholders club.

Even though you own that amount of shares you still need to fill in an application form & the fee will be waivered.

I don't know how long it will take for you to receive your certificate, I can't remember how long it took for mine to arrive.

Nikki

I bought my shares recently through Nationwide.

Barclays will send you a contract note in the next couple of days and you must check that your name and the number of shares is correct etc. It will probably say on the contract note (mine did) that you should get your certificate in approx. 3-4 weeks.

When 4 1/2 weeks had gone by, I contacted Nationwide who were still waiting for it to arrive at their office. They said that
although they buy the shares on the London stock exchange, there is usually a longer delay because Eurodisney is registered in France.

Anyway, it arrived about 6 weeks after I bought the shares, I then downloaded the form like Nikki said and sent that off with a photocopy of the share certificate. It says on the shareholders website that it takes 5-6 weeks for the card to be sent to you. I only sent mine off 2 weeks ago, so I'm still waiting.

As you're going to want your card for New Year, it might be a good idea to email them when you send your application off and ask them to give it priority when it arrives.

Elaine

I didn't know you could buy Disney shares!!!
:cheer2:

How do I go about that? I notice that it seems to entitle you to discounts and what not. Where would I find out about that kind of thing?

Go to any bank that does sharedealing & they should be able to help but state it is Eurodisney shares you want & not disney. Also make sure the bank deals in share certificates because you will not be able to join the shareholders club without one.

Nik, I bought mine through Nationwide. I did it on the phone but they were really helpful and explained everything. The charges were about £20, but if you prefer to deal face to face with a person in a bank I think the charges will be about £25.

If you look at http://www.eurodisney.com/en/ there is a shareholders section which lists all the benefits/discounts etc.

Although we have not yet visited DLP, I thought the shares would soon pay for themselves visiting the Disney Store in Southampton alone! My daughters always choose to go there to spend their birthday/Christmas money!LOL

Elaine

Each bank charges different commission so my advice would be to shop around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter