Got OKW Grand Villa at 7 months!

dizplanner

DIS Veteran
I was able to get an OKW Grand Villa for our upcoming stay next March. :Pinkbounc I had back up reservations at VWL, but wanted OKW for the larger rooms and less points. There will be 9 of us going (5 adults, 2 teens and 2 kids) and I wanted the Grand Villa, but figured chances were slim for us to get it. Particularly when our summer vacation to Mexico got delayed from the last week of July to Aug 10-17 due to Hurricane Emily. My 7 month window opened Aug 15 in order to do day by day. I had checked the week before and 2 GV were available. But I figured if I couldn't do day by day, I probably would not get one of them. Well, we flew back on the 17th and the plane had landed by 3:15pm Mountain time or 5:15pm Eastern. MS was closing in 15 minutes. When the captain indicated that we would be delayed getting to our gate by a plane with mechanical problems, I figured "What the heck? Give me the phone" So I called MS and asked about a GV for Mar 12-17 (Sun-Thur nights) and was surprised that one was still available. So, after cancelling my reservations to free up the points, I booked it and then booked 3 studios for Sat Mar 11 (less points - I had to borrow as it was to do Sat night.) It was a bit noisy on the plane, due to engines and announcements, so I had to call back later in the week to get all the names correct and get the reservation numbers.

The 7 month window worked, even without calling day by day. :cool1:

Congratulations! Hope to do an OKW GV someday because they are just spectacular! Have fun!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Good news on your booking! Someday we hope to do a GV with our family. Our first trip since becoming DVC members is to OKW in September.

Congrats on the Grand Villa.
I am so jealous.
We had one booked last Sept but a hurrican took care of that.. :(

Congrats! I am actually thinking of getting a GV and having a small catered wedding reception there when we get married next year-keeping my fingers crossed for OKW but SSR is beautiful too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter