Grad Night in June - affect Backstage Magic???

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
I just realized that there is a Grad Night in Disneyland on Thursday June 4. This is the night on the June 2-7 Backstage Magic tour that we have dinner at Hook's Pointe and then afterwards are supposed to go to Disneyland in the evening. I assume the park will be closing early that night for Grad Night :( I am disappointed because that means less time in the park!!! Has anyone else been on a Backstage Magic trip during Grad Night or a similar special event where the parks close early? How does this affect the tour?

This is probably something you will have to ask ABD. My guess would be that they would switch that night around with another one

No worries. ABD will take care of you no matter what. We were on last April's tour. The park closed early on Thursday evening just because of the time of year. We had a fabulous welcome reception at Disneyland and then dinner at Hooks. After, we walked to the park for their evenings surprise. After, they let us loose with fastpasses. We got in a ride or two in. But, honestly, we were so tired that we were actually happy that the park closed early. We still had three more late nights to make up for it. When you go on the tour, you meet very early, on your feet all day and in constant motion. Also, there is a great excitement of the entire experience. Everything kind of wears you down, but it's a good thing. A great thing! :yay: If something happens, ABD seems to find something else for their guests. They won't let you down. Your in for a Disney trip of a lifetime. pirate:

I called ABd and they pretty much told me the same thing as the above posters....the official park hours haven't been released yet but the parks will likely close earlier than normal b/c of Grad Night, but not to worry because the ABD guides will work out something for us to do and make sure we still get to see the parades, fireworks, etc. I will try not to worry about it!
We are booked on the June 2-7 trip. Apparently the only reservations still open are for triple rooms (they had to get management approval to reserve a double room for us, since we only have 2 people). I am wondering if that means not many children on this trip? Not sure.

This trip will be our honeymoon (getting married May 30) so I know it will be great no matter what!!!

This trip will be our honeymoon (getting married May 30) so I know it will be great no matter what!!!

Even better! :yay: You have told them, correct? You will receive nice surprises. On the first evening, they ask everyone to introduce themselves, do tell them that it is your honeymoon. Just to make sure the Guides know. We received mickey ear wedding hats for our anniversary. It was at the welcome reception at Disneyland. Nice surprise! Have a great time! I hope you write a report when you return?

I told the customer service rep that it was our honeymoon when I booked the trip, and also put it on the information sheets that I am faxing back to ABD today. I would love to get some special honeymoon pixie dust :love:
We got engaged during a trip to WDW last fall (during the Wishes fireworks at the Polynesian beach!) so I figured the Backstage Magic trip was a perfect honeymoon for us.
Will definitely write a trip report!

We were there on Grad Night Last year and because it is so noisy after regular hours with the "grads" no one is given the Dream Suite that night.

Lucky for us , because we got to tour the dream suite.

Unless you want to be in the park late Grad night does not affect the tour.

Honestly, after getting up at the crack of dawn every morning...I was just glad to crawl into bed at night.
Every day was 10 - 13 hrs.

Best trip we ever took

Oooh I would LOVE to be able to see the Dream Suite! I know that it may not happen...but I still like the fact that there is at least a chance that we'll see it since our tour is during Grad Night :)

Oooh I would LOVE to be able to see the Dream Suite! I know that it may not happen...but I still like the fact that there is at least a chance that we'll see it since our tour is during Grad Night :)

That is cool, I was able to tour the one in Florida in Cinderellas Castle, they had a special event for DVC members last Labor day weekend and it was an awesome treat to see that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter