Grade A Kids

CRUZER

Earning My Ears
I called Lowes today and found out that they have discontinued the Grade A Kids Program!!! My kids really enjoyed it and felt very special when they were able to get their sodas. It was a wonderful way to reward their hard work!! I really think that this is terrible-does anyone have any different information?
We are staying at the Hard Rock in the middle of August.

All 3 hotels are offering the Grade A kids program again this year. I called the Hard Rock Hotel directly and they confirmed this.

Looks like we are all getting conflicting information about the Grade A kids program.

I called Loews a couple of days ago (7/28) to ask if they were still offering the Grade A program (and if I had to scrounge around to find the darn report cards.:D) After being put on hold for a sec, the agent came back and told me that it was an "individual hotel" promotion and that each hotel would decide if they would do it.

I then spoke to the front desk of RPR, who confirmed that they were indeed doing the Grade A program. She went on to tell me all about it. She did mention that the kids would get GRADE A on their key card and not a mug. She listed all the places the kids could use it. (All three hotel restaurants and at the pools.) Also mentioned the free dessert if eating at a resort restaurant. Additionally, the parents would get free coffee with their Grade A kids, a perk I hadn't heard about yet.

She also said the report card had to be "A's" and "B's". I know somebody reported previously that their person told them it had to be straight A's.

Hope I get the same front desk person when I check in next week.:sunny:

-Goofy!

Just back from HRH and they were doing it. It was on their room key. Not all the employees were aware of this. At the pool bar we ended up getting charged for my DD soda because he didn't know and at the Sunset Grill our waitress was clueless. Most of the time we didn't have any problems at the pool bar getting their free sodas. They normally cost about $2.00. LOVED THE HRH!!!!!

Wow, what a great deal! It does make the kids feel special. Does anyone know if PBH does this too?

Yes it does make them feel special. The room keys each had their own name on them. At Disney all the key cards had my name on them. I found exceptional service at the HRH.

Ok, more questions. Hopefully someone knows the answers to these. Besides wanting to know if PBH participates in the Grade A Kids program, where can the kids get there free sodas? Is it only at the participating hotel? Also, my son's school gives out E's for excellent. Luckily, he received straight E's in every subject for the whole year. I guess they would understand that E is equivalent to an A? Also, my daughter just finished kindergarten where they have a different evaluation system. The highest mark in kindergarten was a + . Again, she received all +'s. I wonder if a kindergarten report card counts? I know if her big brother is being honored, she would feel left out because we always made a big deal about her accomplishments too. Can anyone help here? Thanks!!:) :)

I just answered my own questions!!:D Here's what I found out: Portofino Bay Hotel does participate in the Grade A Kids program. Not sure if kindergarten participates, but they said they'll give her some kind of a gift. I thought that was nice. So, it looks like I'll have to find the report cards and bring them along!:D

We were at the HRH the middle of July. At check-in we presented both my DS and Nieces report cards. My DS(11) had all A's and my niece, who is 15, had A's and B's. The lady at check-in told my DH that the perk only applied if a child had all A's. My DH proceeded to ask her about any kids or teen programs, which they may qualify for. She eventually gave both of them a unisex bag w/ a visor, sunglasses, etc..., all of which was way to young for both of them. :confused: My suggestion would be to go expecting nothing. If they get something, great! If not, no dissappointment. :Pinkbounc

The hotels are so inconsistent.
We checked into RPR on June 28, told the girl "I have my children's report cards for the Grade A Program". She said, ok, took them without even looking at them, said she has to make copies, and that was it.
My kids didn't even have straight A's, just one or 2 each.
They got their cards, and enjoyed their free drinks!

I will be traveling in May to PBH and wondering if anyone has any current info on program?

I was told at the RP that it was a summer program when I was there last month.

I hope this program isn't restricted to US report cards! My DD came home with almost straight A's (just one B - phys ed! She's more brain than brawn LOL!) and I know she'd LOVE to feel special! Maybe I should call the resort direct to check?

I'm a newbie and had never heard this one. What ages/grades does this apply to?

We were denied the Grade A kids program at the PBH in October and told that is was only a summer program.

We were told that they are no longer doing the grade A kids program in Dec/Jan at PBH. However the checkin clerk said she would send up a little something for my DD anyway. She sent up some candy inside a mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter