Graduating through the Canal WBPC 2019

Day 14(Cabo): March 8, 2019

Unfortunately, I have notes today just on dinner but will try to cobble something together based on photos and memory. No idea why I didn't take notes.

The tenders here in Cabo were far smaller than in Grand Cayman, but they were running fast when I went down. I wanted to look for some candy for friends back home and maybe a bottle of tequila for me. The area for people with mobility issues seats about 4-6. When we were pushing away from the ship a woman started screaming that two people in her party were not in the boat. Someone with a mobility issue and their companion. She wanted them to stop the boat and let her off. They explained to her as we got farther away that they'd be on the very next tender and that they had no control over who got in which tender because unfortunately they were loaded through a completely separate door. She was screaming at how Disney was going to hear about this and that she wanted to go back to get them. By time the next tender had already launched and maybe even a third. I thought the next thing out of her mouth would be "I deserve compensation!" but eventually she calmed down. Looking back I'm sure I should have felt more pity but I just didn't have it that day.

Cabo from the Wonder was so beautiful but the little area at the drop off point was very touristy. I felt like I couldn't trust anything. Everything just felt off. Maybe I was just having a very off day though. I took a photo of this yacht with a private helicopter wondered around a bit and headed back to the ship. I do wish I had booked a whale watching excursion or something similar and will look into those if we are able to go again. I took a photo of the Wonder with the Princess ship in the background. When I got back home I googled it. It is a very nice ship but I was still glad to be on DCL.

cabo 1.jpg

cabo 2.jpg

The food of the day in Cabana's was British. I had battered fish, two things I can't remember the name for, and a salad. Then I headed to Cove Cafe for an iced coffee and a sweet out of the cabinet. I don't know if the Wonder has always had a "let us get that for you" or this changed recently. The Magic at least the last time we sailed was get it yourself.

cabo 3.jpg

Dinner tonight was Trition's for the rotational menu. The girls both had the Star-Night Drink. Defne had the oysters Rockafeller, fettuccine with Parmesan crusted chicken, chocolate lava cake, and beignets (brought over from Tiana's). Deniz ordered: white onion soup, fettuccine with Parmesan crusted chicken but without the peppers or mushrooms, and chocolate lava cake. I had eggplant (no memory of this at all), duck breast salad, side of polenta (oh heaven), and chocolate lava cake (classic wonderful dessert).

cabo 4.jpg

cabo 5.jpg

Tonight was the premier of Captain Marvel. It was packed in the Walt Disney theater after dinner. I loved it! What a thrill ride.

ETA: I forgot two things.

First I walked on the treadmill in the gym because the view of Cabo was so pretty. I don't normally use the treadmill because I like deck 4 and I absolutely can't use it while the ship is moving.

Second this was the one time I did open bar with my FB group. It was in the afternoon and very different than I thought it would be. I took some pizza and French fries with me because I didn't want to get drunk but I wanted to try lots of drinks. It was so different than I thought it would be. It cost $18.50 paid ahead of time plus a little in cash tips. We all went in and there were several drinks ready made and being passed around: chocolate martini (good), sunken treasure (ok), Bahama mama (ok), mojito (yuck), and the pain killer (I liked it at first but the more I drank the more it started to make me feel sick). I thought open bar meant I could ask for pretty much anything but it was pretty much just those drinks. Another lady did get them to make her a Captain America which looked very pretty but I was sick from the pain killer at that point. Once I was feeling better and ready for another whatever the hour was over. It was still a fun little thing though I don't know that I will do it again. If I could know in advance what the drinks would be I might but apparently it's different each time.

Last edited:
Loving this trip report! Thanks for all the insight into choices for this cruise. How much do the Anyone Can Cook classes cost?

We saw that yacht with the helicopter from our tender too.
Ohhhh, how the other half lives! :rotfl:

I think that is a new thing at The Cove with the CM getting you the snacks out of the cabinet.
They moved the door to the side now, it use to be in the front.

In August 2018 on the Magic, the CM's had to get us the snacks at Cove Cafe, it was not self serve. (We made many trips there, including during the evening when it was meats/cheese/olives/breadsticks...I felt bad for the CM...but we were getting snacks for 4 people, lol.)

Enjoying your trip report, btw! The Panama Canal cruise is on DH and my bucket list...once our last kid is off to college...she's a freshman this year. I was tempted by last year's WBPC as 1 week of it coincided with a school vacation week...but I also had a senior in high school, so she couldn't miss a week, especially that time of year.

I am slowly reading my way through your trip. You guys look great in your purple formal wear!

Thank you so much. We like to get fancy when we can.

We saw that yacht with the helicopter from our tender too.
Ohhhh, how the other half lives! :rotfl:

I think that is a new thing at The Cove with the CM getting you the snacks out of the cabinet.
They moved the door to the side now, it use to be in the front.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess it's a health thing.

In August 2018 on the Magic, the CM's had to get us the snacks at Cove Cafe, it was not self serve. (We made many trips there, including during the evening when it was meats/cheese/olives/breadsticks...I felt bad for the CM...but we were getting snacks for 4 people, lol.)

Enjoying your trip report, btw! The Panama Canal cruise is on DH and my bucket list...once our last kid is off to college...she's a freshman this year. I was tempted by last year's WBPC as 1 week of it coincided with a school vacation week...but I also had a senior in high school, so she couldn't miss a week, especially that time of year.

It's a fantastic trip. I didn't remember the olives and cheese but that was a nice offering too. I prefer the sweets. LOL

Loving this trip report! Thanks for all the insight into choices for this cruise. How much do the Anyone Can Cook classes cost?

They are free and open to anyone 18 and over! So much fun and happen on sea days. I didn't miss a one this cruise. Even if you think you won't like that days sample I highly recommend trying it. If you have allergies go in early to talk it over with the chef. Plus there is always the wine! :-)

Day 14(Sea Day 7): March 9, 2019

Again not a lot of notes from today. Feeling quite like Eeyore as the cruise is nearly over. I did not that I had muesli and bacon for breakfast and walked 2 miles on deck on a very chilly an windy deck four. I had my hoody on (though my Canadians told me it's called a bunny hug which I quite like) zipped up tight. Then I slipped into Anyone Can Cook Battle of the Chefs.

This was absolutely hilarious, but there was no Brian. Head crew of adult entertainment, Jo, was the m.c. instead and that made me realize I hadn't seen Brian the day before either. Natalie and Captain Daniele versus the head of hotel management and someone who I just can't remember. I really hate that I didn't take notes because there is so much I can't remember about all this. There was a secret ingredient they had to include. Only Captain Daniele said he actually knew how to cook!

sea 7 1.jpg

Because they only knew the ingredients as they walked in (they were given a ton to work with) those of us in the audience were given a potato pancake with white wine and a selection of sweets with red wine.

sea 7 2.jpg

Two people were chosen from the audience to judge the food along with someone who again I can't remember who it was. The made their pick each in secret judging on presentation presentation as well as taste. The hotel manager's group went first and the taste testers were immediately asking for water saying it was very spicy. Captain Daniele's group had multiple courses and they won in the end.

sea 7 3.jpg

Coming out of the Anyone Can Cook I asked where Brian was and was told he had laryngitis. Since there was a terrible cold going round the ship I figured this was true enough and wished him a speedy recovery. Eventually headed to lunch in Cabana's were I had seafood. Then took some photos of the awesome Captain Marvel merchandise. I didn't buy any but I wanted so much. I especially wanted the backpack.

sea 7 4.jpg

I had booked a teen massage for Dede for 2pm so we met there. She really enjoyed it and it helped her sore knee quite a lot. I was impressed that the lady wasn't pushy about selling anything but maybe that was because I had my notebook out taking note of the products and how to use them and letting her know I'd look them up when we got home to Virginia. Or maybe because it was a teen session and not an adult one.

Before dinner I took a few last pictures but it was not going great. It was all I could do not to cry with Minnie but I completely broke down with Captain Mickey. I was just absolutely 100% not ready for this trip to end. Other people I spoke to where happy and ready to go home but I could have just turned around for another 14 days easy.

sea 7 5.jpg

Before dinner I went and grabbed the USB stick from Shutters as they were completed. Tonight we were in Animator's Palette not for See You Real Soon but for the Animation Menu. Deniz ordered: chicken satay, white cheddar broccolini soup, chicken schnitzel (she'd been waiting for this all cruise), chocolate decadence, orchard peach tart. Dede had: satay, house salad, schnitzel, celebration cake. I had: blackened chicken salad, schnitzel, celebration cake, very cherry chocolate sundae.

sea 7 6.jpg

sea 7 7.jpg

sea 7 8.jpg

After dinner I went to see Captain Marvel again but then realized I hadn't done any packing except what I'd been doing throughout as I packed away things we wouldn't wear again. I got the big suitcase packed as well as the three smaller ones and they were really full. Set them out in the hallway with our Donald tags and went to sleep.

Ahhh! You've got me tearing up, too! Great pictures. Love the one with you and Mickey. So cool that Captain Marvel "premEARED" on your cruise. We got to see Monsters U and Inside Out, which both were a lot of fun.

Day 13(Puerto Vallarta): March 7, 2019

The first thing the girls and I did was head over to the welcome taco. A woman was making fresh corn tortillas. At first I was a little disappointed because I don't normally like corn tortillas, but when in Mexico! And these were amazing! The best taco I've ever had with hot beans, guacamole, grilled onions and salsa. Served with a glass of hibiscus nectar. Just incredible.
Next we went to the cooking class. There weren't many of us there. Four adults other than me and just my two kids. I could kick myself for not taking the camera! The chef made paella that smelled astounding. I was so excited when I got to try some later but I was almost too full! Dede and I were at the guacamole station but she cut her finger. Deniz was at the salsa station or the pico de gallo. There was also salsa verde and shrimp ceviche. Plus they brought in fresh pitchers of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic margaritas. Now, I'd never had ceviche but I was determined to try. OMG!!!! It was out of this world. This was how I was too full to eat much paella. With a little of the guacamole on a crispy fried tortilla with some spicy salsa. :swoon: I'll never order it in a restaurant because I don't think I could ever trust it to be fresh like this but I hope I can work up the nerve to make it at home eventually.

Hi, Heather-- here's a pic from the cooking class. :) I have a few more, but my computer is wonky and I'm having trouble re-sizing them.
It was fun! So nice to meet you and your girls!

VideoCapture_20190415-122022.jpg

Day 15(San Diego: Disembarkation): March 10, 2019

Today was just terrible. I have zero notes. There were some good parts but very few. First of all I though for sure I'd see Brian so I could give him a hug and tell him goodbye but he was nowhere to be seen. :( When the girls and I woke up we got dressed and went through the drawers again and that's when I realized I had missed the entire two shelf cabinet of clothes that held all of our shorts and t-shirts! :headache:And all the luggage was long gone. We took all our backpacks and filled them as tightly as possible. So first nightmare of the day.

Then we headed to Animator's Palette for final breakfast. I make the kids do this because I figure we need to say goodbye to the waitstaff, to our friends, and to try to get some food into us for the long day ahead. Ug, what a disaster. We were all crying today. Even Juan started to tear up. Our Canadian and French friends were not there and we wondered if they were made to get off the ship directly after going through customs but they later told me via email that they just weren't in the mood for breakfast and since they had a hotel and plans for the day it was just easier to clear the ship while it wasn't terribly busy. I didn't note what we ordered but here are photos. Just remember breakfast is pre-cooked and limited on disembarkation day.

san diego breakfast.jpg

Next it was hurry up and cry and wait. I went several places before I found all my liquor. Remember my champagne from embarkation day? One bottle had broken at some point. But I didn't realize it until we got outside. Dede found a quiet place to call her girlfriend and Deniz and I sat outside of Azure talking about good memories and trying not to cry but doing so until we were exhausted anyway because we ended up being last called off the ship.

san diego 1.jpg

So finally getting off the ship and into customs I felt very hurried and pushed. But we had to do something about all the crap we were trying to carry because we already had our hands full and couldn't manage the luggage too. Inside of customs there are no trash cans of course so though I had now realized the champagne was broken I couldn't do anything about that. I shoved and stuffed and tied Deniz's small backpack onto one handle and instructed her how to pull two suitcases and somehow with two champagne bottles under one arm, a box of tequila held in the other hand with the passports, and Dede pulling the other two suitcases we made it out into chilly bleary San Diego.

Ug, what a shock after two weeks of bliss. Suddenly it was reality. I dumped the bad bottle of champagne and threatened to chug the other. I asked two different people where the shuttle was for the rental cars and was told there was no such thing. Well I had been assured when I booked the rental car that there was. So I called the local number twice. Each time I ended up with the international headquarters who of course knew nothing.

Eventually we ended up in a taxi. The driver was VERY unhappy with the amount of luggage we had. Seriously? Three carry on bags and one large bag for three people and you want to complain as soon as we get in? Wow I was pissed off already and he hadn't even put his foot on the gas. I told him to take us to the Avis rental car for the airport. What happens next is a lesson learned for me and I hope to prevent this pain for others too because even in this day and age of technology crap happens. He said, "there are two Avis rental car offices near here which one?" I said the one for the airport. He said "well hell there is just one 3 blocks away is that they you mean" I was so done at that point. Cursing? No knowing where to take a passenger? Does he not have passengers every day who need to pick up a car at the Avis airport location? I told him to let us out immediately! Well he wasn't going to do that. He drove back around to where he picked us up and only after the lady directing traffic said he could go to the front of the line did he let us out! I felt like a hostage. :mad: And the fair was $4. I gave him a $5 and he was cursing and screaming. I was screaming right back. My poor kids I feel terrible about the whole thing but I am not calm in these kinds of situations. :guilty:

So I'm trying to figure out what to do. I know I need to calm down so I tell the girls to gather their things and I get two of the suitcases and we start walking. I just need to get away from the terminal area and think some more. I pull up the airport on my phone. It's a straight walk of two miles. Oh boy this was another mistake. But I can do two miles in 40 minutes easy. So we reach a place that is right in front of a maritime museum at the docks. Please don't judge me for this. I was kind of out of my mind. And I know that Dede is extremely responsible. Both girls had phones and there were tons of people around. I left them there with the luggage and set out at a jog for the airport.

After about 25 minutes a saw a bus. It said, "Rental car shuttle." What the heck? Around five minutes later I was at a stoplight and another pulls up. I start banging on the door. I don't know how I didn't give the poor driver a heart attack. There's me in my crazy purple Kurt Vonnegut hair, Kermit the frog leggings, and wild eyes. He looks at me like I'm insane but I'm begging and pleading so finally he opens the doors and I start crying. I ask where the rental cars are. He says, "Oh honey you are going the wrong way, but I'll take you on my way back." As it turns out in San Diego the airport rental cars are not at the airport at all but kind of between the dock and the airport. When I finally got to the rental place I was crying so hard I could barely speak but I was thanking him from the bottom of my heart. Angels truly walk among us.

So the lesson is right down the address of where you need to go. Not just the local telephone number. Not just your reservation number. Because yes, I pulled up Avis rental car on Google maps and it showed me several locations in San Diego and I had no idea where to go still. And being so turned upside by getting off the cruise was a nightmare.

I got into a really great car. Wow have cars change a lot since I last bought one in 2007. I didn't even know how to crank it! The girls were right there waiting for me and no one had bothered them a bit. Still I cried and apologized over and over. Such a rough day and not even noon.

I drove just a few miles up the coast and we went to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps. By this time the weather was beautiful. I used to live in Escondido and spend time in Torrey Pines. No much has changed in the area by the looks of it. The aquarium was exactly what we needed after the rough morning. We mostly sat in front of the kelp forest relaxing. I often put on the kelp cam at home for the cat. She's hypnotized by it. The touch tank though was great. The sea anemone gave this little but of shock which wasn't exactly unpleasant but wasn't something I'd like to experience often. I highly recommend the aquarium if you have a few hours.

san diego 2.jpg

After several hours we went in search of a Starbucks. The most difficult thing wasn't finding one but parking! Wow the spaces in San Diego are tiny. And of course I was really scared being in a rental. We got huge versions of our favorites and then drove back toward the airport to an In and Out which Dede had been wanting to try since she heard about it online. It was just as delicious as I remembered. After we ate we ordered extra burgers to go for the late night flight home.

I asked the girls if they wanted to drive down the beach to try to and catch some sea lions but they were tired and nearly in tears again. Deniz was missing one of her counselors terribly and Dede was just exhausted. I don't think she slept more than 5 hours a night the entire cruise. So we dropped off the car and took the shuttle to the airport.

The San Diego airport is pretty darn big but the shuttle only has two stops. Of course they dropped us off at the far end of terminal two when we need the near end. So we schlepped our luggage back down to check in. American has a half self check in and when I weighed my back it was 1.5 lbs under. Printed my bag check and went to the counter. Of course when she weighed it it was 1.5 lbs over. I swear 60 minutes needs to do an under cover operation. There is seriously something wrong with those scales! Anyway we got it checked in. I was missing Southwest since we couldn't drop off the rest.

We took the elevator down though and the USO was thankfully very close and they weren't at all full so they took us in. Dede went to the video game/pool table room and Deniz and I went outside to the absolutely beautiful patio that they have there. We grabbed drinks and just relaxed. Thankfully, we were able to be there three hours because I would have probably lost it in the airport. Airports and I are not a good mix at the best of times. They had a beautiful mural to represent the city.

san diego uso.jpg

Security was crazy as always but both Dede and Deniz were able go through pre-check this time. When we got to our gate there was a counselor of Dede's there on the same plane. She was very nice and headed home to Florida on leave. I nearly started crying when I saw this art on the wall. What a crazy way to end the day!

san diego airport.jpg

The flight was another learning opportunity for me. Don't be a skinflint and take a red eye when you really don't have to. I thought well we'll save $200 by not getting a hotel by taking this red eye flight and Deniz can back to school a day earlier. It was terrible. First of all I just looked at the take off and landing times and subtracted failing to take into account the time change. The actual time was 3 hours 45 minutes not over 7 hours! Next, Deniz went to school one day then caught the cold Dede had (it must have sufficiently mutated from the first time she had it) and was out sick the rest of the week. Third, Dede was so sick with her ears on the flights that every take off and landing was excruciating. Tears rolled down her eyes. I felt so horrible for her but now that proper drugs for this kind of thing can only be purchased from a pharmacist I was only able to buy her a little relief from the magazine store at the airport in Charlotte. Finally, never bet on sleeping on the plane. We were in the very back row. People got up to use the bathroom ALL night long. Every time that door opened it was as bright as noon. The woman in front of me opened and closed a bag of chips every 20 minutes to eat 15 chips as slowly and loudly as possible. I wanted to strangle her. That or pour the entire bag down her throat. Ug.

Well just one more post after this. I hope you've enjoyed the ride so far!

Just found your TR, and now it's coming to an end. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. So sorry you had such a rough ending, {{hugs}} Can your dd take Afrin nasal spray? My dd had pain in her ears on one of our flights. My dh was a pilot and said we should have brought some with us. When we had to fly again I asked her doctor about it and she said it was fine for kids 6 yrs old and over. On our next flight I had my dd spray some in her nose when her ears started to hurt really bad and it helped to open them. I"m not suggesting that you should automatically use it, only if nothing else is helping and she's in pain. Just wanted to mention it in case it could help for your next trip. Loved all the outfits you all wore throughout your trip, especially the Tiana outfit you made for your dd. My mom made all of my clothes when I was a kid, I have some really great memories of going to the store to pick out patterns and fabric for all the outfits she'd make for me. I took home ed in school, but sadly never learned how to sew very well. I'm sure it means a lot to your girls to have you make such great things for them. Looking forward to reading your last post, sorry it's coming to an end though, I've enjoyed reading about your trip.

Just found your TR, and now it's coming to an end. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. So sorry you had such a rough ending, {{hugs}} Can your dd take Afrin nasal spray? My dd had pain in her ears on one of our flights. My dh was a pilot and said we should have brought some with us. When we had to fly again I asked her doctor about it and she said it was fine for kids 6 yrs old and over. On our next flight I had my dd spray some in her nose when her ears started to hurt really bad and it helped to open them. I"m not suggesting that you should automatically use it, only if nothing else is helping and she's in pain. Just wanted to mention it in case it could help for your next trip. Loved all the outfits you all wore throughout your trip, especially the Tiana outfit you made for your dd. My mom made all of my clothes when I was a kid, I have some really great memories of going to the store to pick out patterns and fabric for all the outfits she'd make for me. I took home ed in school, but sadly never learned how to sew very well. I'm sure it means a lot to your girls to have you make such great things for them. Looking forward to reading your last post, sorry it's coming to an end though, I've enjoyed reading about your trip.

I will remember the Afrin nasal spray. I've never heard of it in all the time we've been traveling but it sounds like a great idea to travel with it. Thank you so much for the lovely compliments. I started out quilting in Germany when my husband was deployed. Then when Deniz was a baby she was so tiny I just wanted to sew for her. Dede never really liked me to sew for her but did allow me to make Halloween costumes and I have great memories of making them coordinating costumes.

Thank you for sharing your trip report, Heather! I am so sorry to hear that your last day was so tough. It's always so sad to disembark a fun cruise! Hope you'll be able to reflect on all of the happy memories for days, weeks, months, and years to come :)

Thank you for sharing your trip report, Heather! I am so sorry to hear that your last day was so tough. It's always so sad to disembark a fun cruise! Hope you'll be able to reflect on all of the happy memories for days, weeks, months, and years to come :)

Writing this report has been truly wonderful. Seeing all the fun photos and reading over my notes gives me so many smiles and wonderful memories. I'm sure in a few years I'll laugh about the bad cab driver.

I enjoyed reading along!!
Sorry about the weirdo cab driver, what a jerk!
It was a great cruise, 2 weeks of relaxing and exploring! It flew by.........

Well, except for the last day, I'm really glad you enjoyed your cruise. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Personally, I can't wait to do another PC cruise. They are the best!

Day 15(Charlotte, NC, and Home): March 11, 2019 and After

We arrived in the Charlotte airport very early in the morning around 6am. Absolutely nothing was open. We were all miserable. The gate we got off at everything was gorgeous but when we got to the gate we would board at everything was a disaster as they were remodeling. The ceiling had been torn out and wires were hanging everywhere, the floor was covered with cardboard, and the smell was of paint and glue. We backed up a bit to the nearest decent area and huddled down. I laid down the floor thinking I might get an hour of sleep but it was absolutely freezing. Deniz was crying and Dede needed pain medication. As soon as the magazine shop opened I went to get the pain medication and let Dede lay down figuring if she could sleep she could always keep me awake on the bit of drive home and then looked after Deniz.

Thankfully, Dede got about two hours of sleep but Deniz wouldn't let me leave her for a second. When Dede woke up I went to check the Starbucks situation and the line looked to be about 30 minutes long and we only had about that long to wait for the flight. The area our gate was in had SIX planes leaving within 15 minutes of each other. No I am not over exaggerating. I have never in my life seen anything like it. In an area smaller than a football field over six hundred people were trying to bump and scuffle and you know how it is these days the rush to get the best seats because no one wants to pay for a decent seat for a thirty minute flight! We practically limped our way on board but at least we were all together for this one last flight. And it was a fast one.

We landed in Richmond and the girls agreed that I could leave them to get the luggage while I went for the car. And then I did the third stupid thing in two days! I had on short that I knew my wallet didn't stay in very well but for whatever reason switched my wallet to my pocket while in the shuttle to the parking lot. Well when I got to my van and went to get my credit card I realized right away. I panicked. I started crying. I was just so exhausted. I started running towards the exit of the parking lot hoping that the shuttle hadn't left yet. I had my phone but who would I call? There at the exit was the shuttle. He just laughed a little saying I was waiting to see your van, figured you'd drive up. No need to run I wasn't going anywhere! Another angel I'm telling you! And I don't even believe in the supernatural. He even asked if he could drive me back to my van! I said no I need the exercise and the fresh air.

Got back to the girls and we hit the road to home. It's not a terribly long drive but Deniz was instantly asleep before we were on the interstate. Dede started to get quiet but I told her she had to keep talking. Once home the girls took naps but I had a shower and then couldn't sleep. I was just too wound up and nervous. When Deniz woke up she was crying again so then I was crying again. Oh we were a mess!

Dede had the crud that many people caught on the ship for about two weeks. But she said it was the best vacation of her life. We often talk about our time on the ship, on the excursion, and many other tiny details. I promised that when she graduates from college I will take her and the person of her choice on a cruise in their own cabin on the cruise of their choice. I look forward to it very much. I will miss cruising with her these next few years.

Deniz went to one day of school and then was sick for several days. She really missed her favorite counselor and other friends she made in the Edge. She missed being treated like a princess by our waitstaff and sleeping in late. Plus having no boundaries of where to go and what to do since the ship is so safe. I'm really hoping I can take her on that Dream cruise this December even though it is a short one. I think she'll enjoy seeing a different set up for the Edge.

I gave myself two weeks to lose any cruise weight before stepping on a scale. As it was I had a doctor's appointment six days earlier than that and it was not pretty. Despite all my walking I had gained 10 pounds! I've just now lost it. In past cruises I didn't gain or lose and I chalk it up to the bread basket and alcohol this cruise, but it could have been the extra week. I want to see the ship decorated at Christmas. I want to get a cruise in before another 18 months slips by! I need my character hugs. When I first got back I said I couldn't see myself cruising with anyone but DCL however I've found a cruise that goes from Shanghai to Hong Kong that I'd love to do so that I could see the two Disney parks there and get a cruise in. But that won't be for at least four years as I have to save the money for business class airfare. No way I'm doing economy seats that far ever again.

I hope that I can do the grand slam before the next ship comes online. I hope someday I'll sail all seven ships. There are many things I want to do with DCL: Alsaka, concierge (50th birthday), transatlantic, the new "island".

I would love to hear what your favorite trips were or what you dream of doing with DCL. Thanks for coming along with me on this trip. I hope you enjoyed it!

family.jpg

airport.jpg

I forgot to end the mystery about Brian. A few days after I got home someone asked about him on our FB group. I said what I was told about him being ill but that I found it odd that I hadn't seen him by disembarkation day. Several other people talked about how much they enjoyed him and how special he'd made the cruise for them. Then about a week later someone posted this. I watched the video and cried. I know he has his own life and I hope he's moved on to better job for himself but wow I was just stunned as I thought he was moving up the ladder with DCL not on the verge of quitting!

brian.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter