Grand Californian Super Thread

IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0572.JPG We got here at 8ish and there happened to be a club lady walking by and she took us up. There were 3 people to check in people. I asked if I had a renovated room and he said no. Ummm that's the only thing I wanted. He called someone and switched us to a room super close to napa elevators and it's amazing. Oh and room was ready. I can see gog and the spires of the castle so am assuming I will be able to see fireworks from my room. It's fantastic. I was nervous about construction but honestly, the fact that it was ready and is less than 5 minutes from soarin is fantastic. In club now for tea and I hope I can post pics.

...a room super close to napa elevators and it's amazing. Oh and room was ready. I can see gog and the spires of the castle so am assuming I will be able to see fireworks from my room...
The top floor rooms (5th or 6th floor, depending on location) have great views, since the balconies are above the roofline. Share some view photos and room number (after checkout).

We stopped by club and my husband had a plate (pictured). One of the concierges announced they were having a problem with hot water and because they couldn't wash their hands, they were not bringing any new food out and alcohol service was also suspended. So all I got was this pic before hordes descended on the food. Pictured is a khalua pork and vegetable spring roll with cheeses crackers and crudités.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0608.JPG Desserts were delicious, dense chocolate cupcakes and espresso chocolate pudding which was soooo good. Cookies were white chocolate/nut and chocolate chip. I never thought chocolate covered strawberries were good. I was wrong!

IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG Tea today. The hours for tea are listed as 11-2 but there is chips and salsa from 2-5. That's what he told me. Today they had smoked salmon tea sandwiches along with chicken salad which was delicious. Also had a small tomato pesto mozzarella on one piece toast. I had some problems loading all my pics last night but will try again. It's saying file too big for 2 pics so if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong let me know. For treats they had blueberry scones, macaroons, shortbread and lemon meringue tarts.

View attachment 268875 View attachment 268876 Tea today. The hours for tea are listed as 11-2 but there is chips and salsa from 2-5. That's what he told me. Today they had smoked salmon tea sandwiches along with chicken salad which was delicious. Also had a small tomato pesto mozzarella on one piece toast. I had some problems loading all my pics last night but will try again. It's saying file too big for 2 pics so if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong let me know. For treats they had blueberry scones, macaroons, shortbread and lemon meringue tarts.

So, while you are there, there is tea from 11-2 followed by snack time from 2-5? Is this because they do not have hot water at the moment? OH, yum, lemon tarts! Yum, yum yum.
The pictures are great. If you can, keep them coming! The more, the merrier.

IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0646.JPG There is hot water now. I'm hoping I can load pics. Appetizers were chicken coconut strips and lobster shrimp egg roll (sounds better than it was). Dessert was delicious white chocolate salted caramel mousse and tropical cheesecake. I have pics of everything but I don't know how many will post. Leaving now. My room was 6406 and I couldn't ask for better location. So nice to see how close it was after long day of walking.

Right now it's on the 6th floor via main elevators off the lobby but they are renovating it any day now. I'm not sure where it's going to be while renovations going on.

View attachment 268995 View attachment 268994 View attachment 268993 View attachment 268992 There is hot water now. I'm hoping I can load pics. Appetizers were chicken coconut strips and lobster shrimp egg roll (sounds better than it was). Dessert was delicious white chocolate salted caramel mousse and tropical cheesecake. I have pics of everything but I don't know how many will post. Leaving now. My room was 6406 and I couldn't ask for better location. So nice to see how close it was after long day of walking.

Thank you so much for the photos! The food looks so yummy.

We're non-residents planning to purchase AP's for trips in December this year and October next. Question: Does the AP need to be activated at the park in order to qualify for the AP discount for the GCH? This is assuming they have one like they currently do through September (30% off).
For my first AP, I ordered over the phone a few months before my trip.
Once I arrived, I went to the ticket booth to get my AP issued.
From there I was able to have it for check-in.
I've always had to show my AP at check-in to get the AP discount.

Geemo

Edit
Have you seen the special promotions Disney has out for rooms though Dec 21st?
Rooms at this rate are limited. You should be able to book over the phone and show your AP when checking in.
2017-09-06 02.JPG

^ Thank you! We have another hotel booked and once we purchase the AP's next month will see if they have any rooms left at the 25% off rate Sunday-Thursday. Only trick is we'll be there Friday and Saturday too, so we'll need to make two reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter