Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by DmaxHawk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. lmb80129

lmb80129 Mouseketeer

image.jpg View between the pool and lobby.

2. lmb80129

lmb80129 Mouseketeer

image.jpg Automatic door next to gift shop leading to Storytellers is blocked off. I think they are working on the floor.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. kylie71

kylie71 Lilybelle

So, is this the Hearthstone Lounge section...?

5. kylie71

kylie71 Lilybelle

I will be there on Oct 31st. Sure hope this is completed by then! This is my first stay at the GC, and I chose it over my favorite the Disneyland Hotel this time!

--Lori

6. lmb80129

lmb80129 Mouseketeer

I think most, if not all, of the upper floors are curtained off with dark coverings on 2 or 3 sides of the lobby. So the lobby floor wasn't curtained off with the exception of one door but it was overall dark, dusty and loud. No idea how long it will take them to finish but I might have low expectations for the end of October.

7. lmb80129

lmb80129 Mouseketeer

Yes. Between Hearthstone lounge and the pool.

kylie71 likes this.
  8. Nonsuch

Nonsuch DIS Veteran

The lounge work was rescheduled to start in Mid-September (not sure when it actually did start), but I only received an email stating August (and no updated information).

9. PrincessElla

PrincessElla Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting the pictures. I had a club level stay very soon and today called and switched my stay to a non club level stay. My daughter would not be thrilled with this
    I called to book in September for an end of October stay, they never mentioned the club lounge being relocated, when I called to change my room type, they had no clue the lounge was relocated. So I'm very grateful for the posted pictures.

10. meggles

meggles Mouseketeer

We arrive Nov 5 and the lobby is one of the main reasons we love the GCH so much. The fireplace, the amazing piano player, drinks from the Hearthstone... I hope the loud and dusty work is finished by then! My kids love chilling in the rocking chairs watching cartoons just as much as they love the parks!

mmmears and kylie71 like this.
  11. blackjackdelta

blackjackdelta <font color=darkorchid>Uncle had an "in" with Walt

Last time I was there, there was no kids area with the TV in the usual place.

Jack

12. meggles

meggles Mouseketeer

When was that?