Grand Californian Super Thread

I did! It's been a couple weeks too. I'm going to call to ask
I had this issue too. Started freaking out. When I called and talked to them over the phone, they had my email address incorrect. Misspelt by one letter. Maybe it's that? They corrected it and sent a confirmation email right away.

I am staying at the GCH next month and was hoping to extend my stay by 2 nights. They have said I cannot extend the room type I have reserved under the AP discount rate but it does look like online it will let me book the same room type without the discount for those 2 nights as a separate reservation. Does anyone know what the chances are they can link the two if I do this? They said on the phone I could book a second reservation but I may have to check out and back in for the last two nights. Has anyone done this and either had to check out/in or they were able to stay in the same room?

I am staying at the GCH next month and was hoping to extend my stay by 2 nights. They have said I cannot extend the room type I have reserved under the AP discount rate but it does look like online it will let me book the same room type without the discount for those 2 nights as a separate reservation. Does anyone know what the chances are they can link the two if I do this? They said on the phone I could book a second reservation but I may have to check out and back in for the last two nights. Has anyone done this and either had to check out/in or they were able to stay in the same room?

I have done it. What I did was, when I checked in, I let them know I had another reservation, and asked if there was any way to make a note so we didn't have to move out of our room. We still had to go down, check out, then check in, but we were able to stay in our room. I think the key is have a note put on the reservation requesting to stay in the same room.

I have done it. What I did was, when I checked in, I let them know I had another reservation, and asked if there was any way to make a note so we didn't have to move out of our room. We still had to go down, check out, then check in, but we were able to stay in our room. I think the key is have a note put on the reservation requesting to stay in the same room.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Yes. I have combined reservations of same room category and stayed in same room.

I have had friends that had back to back reservations and had to leave rooms but that was due to two different room types that they were not able to combine either.

Yes. I have combined reservations of same room category and stayed in same room.

I have had friends that had back to back reservations and had to leave rooms but that was due to two different room types that they were not able to combine either.
Good to know. We went ahead and booked the 2nd room; figured if we have to move so be it it's still 2 more days on vacation!

Hello,

I am scheduled in a Premium Pool View room in March. I really want a Premium Park View Room and have requested such, but Costco Travel said they can put the request in but will have to wait and see the day of arrival.

Has anyone ever been dissatisfied with their room and been able to successfully get another one that they like better?

Also, I requested a balcony but was told that not all rooms have one. Any idea on the likelihood of getting a balcony?

We are arriving around 11am so am hoping that being a bit early will help with my requests. Thoughts?

Thanks much for any advice.

Hello,

I am scheduled in a Premium Pool View room in March. I really want a Premium Park View Room and have requested such, but Costco Travel said they can put the request in but will have to wait and see the day of arrival.

Has anyone ever been dissatisfied with their room and been able to successfully get another one that they like better?

Also, I requested a balcony but was told that not all rooms have one. Any idea on the likelihood of getting a balcony?

We are arriving around 11am so am hoping that being a bit early will help with my requests. Thoughts?

Thanks much for any advice.
I had pool view room once that sort had a park view and at first I was disappointed. They couldn't move us that day but said we could try the next day. But I really ended up loving it. We would sit on the balcony and listen to the bug sounds... it was lovely.

Also I think all the rooms have a balcony... some have a patio but I'm not sure which room types those are.

I had pool view room once that sort had a park view and at first I was disappointed. They couldn't move us that day but said we could try the next day. But I really ended up loving it. We would sit on the balcony and listen to the bug sounds... it was lovely.

Also I think all the rooms have a balcony... some have a patio but I'm not sure which room types those are.
Thanks for all the great feedback. It's good to know that you ended up enjoying the room.

Did you still move rooms and if so did you end up liking the new room better? I hope I am not sounding too picky. I have stayed in some nice places before but never paid over $500 for a room, so I want to make the most of it and get my money's worth.

There are 6 rooms without a balcony, and all are courtyard view.
Your Premium Pool (or Park) View room will have a balcony :thumbsup2

Thank you Nonsuch.:) I am so glad I stumbled across this board and wish I had discovered it prior to previous Disney trips. It's amazing that board members know more than Disney reservation employees. I love having my morning coffee or an adult beverage after a long day on a patio/balcony while the kids watch TV in the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter