Grand Californian Super Thread

Any tips on how to get a studio? Is calling better than trying online?

Online booking is 8:00am eastern, phone is 9:00am. If your in laws don’t own there, I would not get your hopes up, especially around a holiday. They only have 23 studios.

Online booking is 8:00am eastern, phone is 9:00am. If your in laws don’t own there, I would not get your hopes up, especially around a holiday. They only have 23 studios.

Great to know! Thank you! Can we maybe use our points at Paradise Pier?

Online booking is 8:00am eastern, phone is 9:00am. If your in laws don’t own there, I would not get your hopes up.

This is very true. Just keep checking availabilty.
Great to know! Thank you! Can we maybe use our points at Paradise Pier?
No, you can't, but your parents may be able to rent their points and you can use the cash for a room at the Grand Californian.

This is very true. Just keep checking availabilty.

No, you can't, but your parents may be able to rent their points and you can use the cash for a room at the Grand Californian.

I wasn't even thinking that I had to wait 7 months to book a room. I was thinking I could do 11, but that's only with my home base hotel.

We had great luck renting our AKL and Poly points and then using the cash to rent Grand Californian points from another member who could book at 11 months during the week of Thanksgiving.

Agreed - renting from someone who owns at VGC. We have stayed studio there and I don’t think you’d have any problems with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Last time we went to DLR, we stayed at Paradise Pier and absolutely loved it. However, this time my in laws have graciously said that we can use their points for the next trip, which we are hoping is next Thanksgiving. Has anyone ever stayed in the Studio Villas at Grand Californian? Are they a good size for a family of four (kiddos will be 10 and 5 then)? Thanks in advance!
A studio would be plenty of room, IMO. The studios are about the size of a standard hotel room with a kitchenette.

Part of the hotel. It is in its own wing, but attached.

Just a heads up, that wing is directly adjacent to DCA. Good news is higher floors have a great view of the park, bad news is that noise can be an issue if you're an early/light sleeper (or even trying to take a nap with a kid) and you're facing the park (on all levels).

I haven't ever tried because I love walking through the lobby area all the time, but can you cut through the pool area from the DVC to get to DCA entrance faster?

I haven't ever tried because I love walking through the lobby area all the time, but can you cut through the pool area from the DVC to get to DCA entrance faster?

I did that once carrying food from Whitewater/Craftsman, it didn’t feel any faster since you’re dodging pool loungers and/or walking carefully because of water.

Any word on if DVC members will have priority for buying tickets or getting access to the parks once they reopen in July? I have a GCV reservation but if we can't access the park then I don't see the point of going, but those points will also expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter