grand californian vs other resorts

Andyman33

Mouseketeer
are any of the resorts in similar quality to the VGC? we just stayed at the VGC for our pre-purchase stay (we are under contract in a resale at SSR). We were fully blown away with the VGC. Is SSR anything at all like VGC in quality? if not what is similar in quality? anything? That place was beyond amazing to us!

I've never stayed at SSR but I think it'd be safe to say vgc blows it away.

I think I am qualified to give my opinion since I own points at both resorts.

The Grand California is a more spectacular resort from the aspect of the architecture and grand style of the building. It is the Flagship of the Disneyland Resort after all.

Saratoga Springs is different kind of resort. It is has more of a country club feel and is spread out over about 60 acres. The property is huge and well landscaped. It is a beautiful resort.

As far as the quality of the resort. Both meet the high standards of a Disney Resort. I actually think SSR has an edge on customer service. I seem to have more positive cast member encounters at SSR. One similarity that both resorts share, and an advantage that they have over any other DVC resort is their close proximity to Downtown Disney. at SSR it is just a short walk or boat ride away. At VGC, you just walk downstairs.

If you liked VGC, I think you will like SSR, just in a different way.

Id would say most of the dvc resorts are similar in quality. However they vary on concept and lay out. It would depend on what parts of vgc blew you away to say if they are of similar quality or not

are any of the resorts in similar quality to the VGC? we just stayed at the VGC for our pre-purchase stay (we are under contract in a resale at SSR). We were fully blown away with the VGC. Is SSR anything at all like VGC in quality? if not what is similar in quality? anything? That place was beyond amazing to us!

We own at VGC (and OKW, which is similar to SSR) and have stayed at SSR as well.

SSR (and OKW) are stand alone DVC resorts spread over many buildings on beautiful grounds. VGC is part of the GCH, sort of like BLT is to the Contemporary.

We love OKW for its relaxing feeling, huge and cheap rooms and easy availability. SSR is very much the same.

We love VGC for its great location, very nice rooms, and the feeling of being in the middle of the action at DLR, esp in the hotel lobby!

Two very different DVC resort experiences, both with upsides and downsides, but both are great in their own ways.

Maybe the closest WDW DVC resort to VGC might be VWL. WL and GC are similar in look (WL is NW US National Park mode and GC is Craftsman) and both sets of villas are small (VGC is smaller though). VWL is totally separated from WL and doesn't have any views other than trees. BLT will have the theme park view of VGC, but the theme park view can be hard to get (you'll need to own there to get that view). BWV is similar to VGC because of having a business venue right outside the resort (but the BW area isn't anything like DTD at DLR).

We own at both and have stayed at both on more than one occastion. SSR is not like VGC, very different, same amenities, but different theming. If my only experience was VGC and I thought I was getting the same thing in SSR, I would end up being disappointed.

The one similarity between SSR and VGC is being close to DTD - walking distance for both.

Of course it is all subjective and depends on everyone's personal preference. We own at BLT but our very first DVC stay was at VGC, we stayed in a one bedroom and fell in love with VGC instantly! The layout, the décor, the views over DCA and of course that extra bathroom. It is our favorite DVC room. We stayed at SSR once but that was in a THV (which was also great). We hope to own at VGC someday. After our first stay at our home resort we were not disappointed in BLT in anyway. It is our favorite WDW resort (and has the extra bathroom). Agree with pp that it depends on what you loved most about VGC when comparing to SSR or any of the resorts.

Congrats on your new membership!

VGC has been the top DVC resort for me since it opened. But we have yet to meet a DVC resort that we don't like and we've stayed in them all - they all are just different and have different pluses and minuses. What you won't get anywhere else is being just steps away from 2 parks and DTD but they all are still very good resorts.

The one resort that surprised me and may one-up VGC? Aulani.

VGC has been the top DVC resort for me since it opened. But we have yet to meet a DVC resort that we don't like and we've stayed in them all - they all are just different and have different pluses and minuses. What you won't get anywhere else is being just steps away from 2 parks and DTD but they all are still very good resorts.

The one resort that surprised me and may one-up VGC? Aulani.

Is this because of the ocean view :beach: or the lay out :teacher: of the rooms? :scratchin
Although Aulani has the BEST customer service out of the DVC's we have
experienced! :thumbsup2 :flower3:

We LOVE VGC,BCV (own at both) & Aulani for the 1 thing they ALL have in common :teacher: for US which is LOCATION!!!! :cheer2:

Interesting that the 1 BR in Grand California has 2 Bathrooms and in Aulani one bathroom. It would be SO NICE if Aulani had 2 as well!:goodvibes

Stayed at VGC many times and have either stayed at or visited most of the other properties.

The older resorts IMO are not of the same quality as the newer properties.

Similar style of rooms to VGC can be found at AK Kidani... And it looks like GF.

BLT is on a similar level....

Whilst the grounds are nice at the other resorts the rooms don't are as appealing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter