Grand Floridian Cafe--LOVED IT!!!!

bolgers love wdw

Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)
Just back from WDW and I had to do a quick post about out dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. :thumbsup2 It was probably one of the best dining experiences I have had so far at all of the table service restaurants I have been to in my 10 trips to WDW in the past 3 years!!! :banana: We had 5:10 p.m. ADR's and when we got there we were seated immediately. Our server, Denise M., was absolutely amazing!! She was very friendly, very informative, and my 5 month old son just loved her!!! Smiled every time she came to the table. (He does love the ladies!!) Anyways, my DH had the Land and Sea - grilled NY Strip, skewered shrimp, red bliss mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables and I had the Roasted Chicken Breast - served in a cabernet sauvignon wine sauce with red bliss mashed potatoes. Both were very delicious!!! :goodvibes The she brought over the dessert tray and we couldn't decide what to get so we got the sampler which had all four--
Key Lime Pie - chocolate crust topped wtih carmelized sugar
Lemon Cheesecake - rich NY style
Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake - topped with more chocolate
Tiramisu - lady fingers and mascarpone
All I can say is YUM YUM YUM!!! One of the chefs even came out twice to talk to us to make sure everything was ok. My DH even went to the manager to tell her about our server and what an amazing job she had done to make our meal a very magical experience. We are most definitely eating there again in May!! :teeth:

Oh that sounds great! thanks for sharing this. We just added this restaurant to our ADR list and I just can't wait now!

Thanks!
Sandy :)

We wanted to try somewhere new in October, so we made an ADR for the Grand Floridian Cafe. I almost changed it a few weeks ago (I admit, I fear change :blush: ), but DH convinced me to keep it. Thanks to your review, I'm looking forward to it. :goodvibes

we were there 8/26 and loved it as well. It was our first time there and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Well worth it and the food was fantastic. I had a shrimp cocktail appetizer, ds had the soup du jour (tomato basil), dh had crab cakes (I think). For dinner, I had NY strip steak, ds had cheeseburger and dh had shrimp and penne pasta. The desserts were mini desserts but rich and just the right amount. I had the key lime pie, ds had tiramisu and dh had he cheesecake.

I agree :thumbsup2 It was our first night experience and the best after it was all said and done. The food was fabulous, adult and kid items alike.

Wonderful !! That is the first restaurant we will be enjoying and you make it sound like a great choice...thank you

Thanks so much for the reports. You don't seem to hear too much about the GF Cafe here. I haved it booked for my dd's 13th birthday lunch. Thought it would be a nice, girly type spot for two young ladies who are turning 13, and their moms. Seems I made the right choice!!

Has anyone eaten there for b'fast? We have an ADR for b'fast next month. I am hoping since the dinner reviews are good that the b'fast is good also.

I ate breakfast here about a year or so ago while my DD did the pirate cruise. It was VERY GOOD!!!!

We always have lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe! Its a great spot for a nice lunch!!!

YAY! GF cafe is one of my FAVORITE restaurants on Disney property. they also have EXCELLENT breakfast and lunch. it is so underated! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Sounds wonderful, this is on our to do list.

?? What makes the red bliss mashed potatoes red? (or blissful for that matter?)

Thanks for sharing your great dining experience. We ate at GFC for the first time last year and also enjoyed it too. The food & service were very good. :)

I enjoy GF very much and have had breakfast here many times. Will need to see if I can fit in a lunch this time maybe dinner if time works out right.

Thanks for sharing your review. We've never tried the GF Cafe, but you certainly make a very convincing argument to do so! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter