GRAND vacation (villas & gathering!)

Roo'sMom

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're so sad to be back from our first trip "home"!

We stayed at OKW in a grand villa for 4 nights, then moved to a BW grand villa (2 story) for the next 4 nights.
Both GV's were amazing! We liked the space and the layout of the OKW GV better, but the location at BW was awesome!

We did the fireworks voyage for our grand gathering. What a way to see Wishes!

Any questions, please ask!

Originally posted by Roo'sMom
We did the fireworks voyage for our grand gathering. What a way to see Wishes!

We will be checking into a BWV GV in 6 days ourselves. And we are doing the Wishes Grand Gatherings Fireworks voyage. Can you tell me more about that? Where did you get the boat, how long were you on the boat, how many other people, did you do the one with desserts? If so, what did they have? etc......

HBC

We did the Wish's Fireworks Cruise (is this the same thing you are talking about?) last Jan. 3rd. We had a private driver and left out of the CR. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's 1st then the kids swam there for about an hour and then the cruise. They had blankets for us. It was getting chilly at that point. We thought it was amazing.

We had no trouble booking this,awhile out though. It was $120, and I tipped the driver. We had 10 in our party and I think that is about the max. We had plenty of room.

I would love to stay in a GV someday!!:wave2:

Queenof4hearts- this was different from the regular Wishes cruise. It is a bigger boat, and the music from Wishes is played on board. It has to be booked as a "Grand Gathering".

HappyBirthdayCat-
You get the boat at the CR- to the left as you go out the doors at the back. They had a dessert buffet set up- cookies, fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate (there may have been more, but we were not that hungry).
Captain Hook and Mr. Smee arrived and spent some time taking pics, signing autographs etc. and then they each led a group over to their boat (all the way we all sang "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me!")
On our boat, there were 3 or 4 groups with a total of about 40 people.
One group was celebrating a 50th anniversary and they had to dance as we all sang "Kiss the Girl". It was so sweet! There were jokes, trivia questions (my son won a pirate sword- others got eye patches, etc)
We saw the electrical water parade (or whatever that is called) and then Wishes. We had a great view!
When we returned to CR, Peter Pan was waiting and he spent some time taking pics, etc.

My DS8 and DS9 said that the 'voyage' was the best thing about our trip!
I think it was very reasonably priced- 29.99 for adults and 14.99 for kids.

oh- HappyBirthdayCat-
Have a GREAT time!

Thanks Roo's mom.

We have one booked for our trip and we really never looked into all of the details. We are eating dinner at the Concourse Staekhouse just before it so we probably won't be that hungry either. It does sound like a lot of fun. I better start practicing my pirate voice.

HBC

Hi! We're so sad to be back from our first trip "home"!

We stayed at OKW in a grand villa for 4 nights, then moved to a BW grand villa (2 story) for the next 4 nights.

Whoooa! Nice 1st trip home -- sounds like a wonderful time. I hope we have a "grand gathering" sometime in the next few years (sending out feelers here and there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter