Grandparents

Dad's parents Mémé (Mem-may, French Canadian) and Grampa (Irish) or Mem and Gramps

Mom's parents were Nana and Grandpa ( both Irish)

My mom was Grams and dad was Papa. Dad was supposed to be Grampa, but first grandchild came out with Papa and it stuck.

My mom's parents were Doc (a doctor) and Nana Doc. My dad's mom was Nana B, although all the rest of the grandkids called her Grammie. My great grandmother was Nana Dodson (her last name).

DD26 called my mom Nana. DH's adopted dad is Grandpa, his bio-dad is Grandpa Al, and his mom was Grandma Sue.

My Dad's mom was Granny. She was absolutely wonderful. :)

My Mom's grandparents (her parents were not in the pic) we addressed formally as Grandmother or Grandfather. As formal as they were my best memories were of my Grandfather getting down on all fours (he had to be in his mid 70s) and playing cars and trucks with me. My Mom said he NEVER did that with any other family child. I always felt so special. I have those cars and trucks (dating back to the 1920s) on a shelf in my grandkids' room. :love:

My mom's parents were: Big Daddy(he was a big guy and Big Mama(she was like 90 lbs lol).

My dad's dad had passed way before I was born and his mom didn't like my mom or me(because I was part of my mom lol so there wasn't any relationship.

Grandmothers were/are Babci (Polish side) and Nana (Irish side). My grandfathers both died before I was born. My maternal grandfather was Popop to my older siblings and cousins.

My parents are currently Ama and Apa to my nephew, just because that's what he called them when he started talking.

Both of my parent's dads had died before I was born so to me I just go by their name.

I call my mom's mom grandma. My nieces and nephews call my parents grandpa/grandma except for the youngest. She calls my dad papa.

My Dad's parents were Grandma and Grandpa, Mom's parents were Granny and Grandpa
My parents are Nana and Gramps. DW's parents are/were Grandma and Grandpa (her step Dad) and PopPop (her real dad who passed away not too long after we found we were going to be grandparents)
We are Nonna and PopPop.

My dad's parents: grandma and granddad.
My mom's parents: gee and grandpa

My son calls my parents: nan and papa
DH's parents: honey and grumpy (their choice - they have an older grandchild and this is what she calls them).

Both of my grandfathers died before I was born. My paternal grandmother died when I was 4 and I don't remember her very well. I do remember my maternal grandmother (she died when I was in middle school) but she was not a very nice woman. I referred to them all as Grandma or Grandpa [LastName]. (I used her last name when addressing her directly.)

My kids call both of their sets of grandparents (all living) Grandma and Grandpa. Last names are only used for clarification and not generally used when addressing them directly. When my son -- the oldest grandchild -- was young, he called my father 'Pa (as a shortening of Grandpa, I guess.), my oldest niece started doing that too and for a while we thought it would stick. But they switched back to Grandpa when they were old enough to say it well. Grandpa was my dad's picked-before-the-kids-were-born name of choice, but he said he was a little sad when 'Pa went away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter