Grandparents

My mom's mom ways Nanny. My kids called her Nanny Grandma.
My mom's dad was Grandpa FirstName
My mom's step-mom was FirstName (which I can't even remember)

My dad's dad was Poppy.
My dad's mom passed before I was born.
My dad's step-mom was only ever FirstName.

My Dad's parents were Grandma Rucker (last name) and Grandpa Rucker - almost always with the last name attached.

My Mom's parents were Granny and Paw Paw. He was supposed to be Grandpa but as the oldest grandchild I always said Paw Paw and when they tried to correct me he said "She can call me what she wants."

Granny's Mom was an old farm lady and she was called Grammer.

Paw Paw's Mom was from Southern Texas and she was called MeeMaw.

Mom is a grandma now (from my brother) and she goes by Grammy.

My kids have Grandma (my mom), Nana and Papa (my inlaws), and Grammy (my ex's mom - she's only actually grandmother to my oldest but my girls call her that too). When my grandmother was alive, they called her Babcia or Grandma Jean.

Granny on my mom's side, Grandma on my dad's. Granddaddy on both.

My mom is Granny to my DD and my nephew calls her by her first name, which is Alma, because I guess it was easier to say. Funny story. She went to pick him up from daycare one time and the teacher told him, your Grandma's here and he looked and saw my mom, and looked back at the teacher confused, and said that's not my Grandma, that's my Alma!

I hope to be a Granny someday!

I had a Nana/PopPop and Grandmom/Grandpop.

My parents are Gram and Pops.

My in-laws are Granny and PopPop.

I know a grandmother who goes by Willow.

Maternal were Grandmom and Granddad.

Paternal grandfather died when I was only 2 years old and I don't remember him. Paternal grandmother was Oma. (German, although she was French. Grandfather was German.)

I didn't. Ours sucked and never cared or got to know us. My own parents have been excellent grandparents to all their grandkids though. They are just called Grandma and Grandpa.

Just curious, for those of you who use Nana...how do you pronounce it?
Nah-nah or rhymes with banana?

My mom is Nana (nah-nah), my dad is Grandpa, DH's parents were Grandma and Grandpa.

Grandma and grandpa on my dad’s side. Oma and Opa on my mom’s.

I’m curious to see what I will be addressed as in the future if I were ever to become a grandparent. We are a multinational family with English and German and for some reason it feels off calling me grandma or Oma. I’m feel more like a Nana. But I got many years until that is a possibilty.

One of our lil guys named us Gummy and Guppy. FWIW I have my own teeth, and DH is hardly guppy sized. But the names have stuck for years. Their other set of gparents have the "normal" titles. Why be normal?

Mine when I was a kid were Grandma (last lame) and Grandma (cutesy form of last name). Both grandfathers had already passed, so my great-grandfather was just "Grandpa".

For DS, my side go by Grandpa & Nana (was "Bumpa" and Nana when he was little, but he didn't hold on to it after he could really say Grandpa). On DH's side, he has Mema and Poppa (set by oldest niece and followed by all the others).

They're both gone now, but DS knew his great-grandmothers on that side as well, and they were Gram and Mema (first name).

When the time comes, I think I'll want to be Grammy. (Though I have an honorary niece and nephew who call me "CoCo" and that may stick.)

Yep. All four of my grandparents were Polish.

My daughters also called MY parents Babcia and Dziadek. Their other grandparents are still alive and are Mom Mom and Pop Pop.

If I ever become a grandmother, I DON'T want to be Babcia. Grandmom sounds good to me.

I want to be called Babcia. I like keeping the heritage going, even if it is just that bit. Plus this future Babcia is going to make kolaczki all the time.

Grandma *last name* and Grandma *other last name*. Grandpa was just grandpa because I only had one. The last name was only added as reference, never when addressing directly, then they were just Grandma. Although technically I guess it was more like "Gramma and Grampa", but I mean that's just how I pronounce grandma and grandpa in general, omitting the 'nd' sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter