Great Midway Airport Parking Tip

atigeg

DIS Veteran
I always hate parking at Midway because the information I get beforehand (via their phone line and on their radio station) never seems to be correct, and you have to kill a lot of time driving around to find an economy lot that isn't full (they have the Red, Yellow, and Blue lots, plus two remote-remote lots that are way down south on Cicero Ave...one is almost all the way back to Ford City). But this time we had a really pleasant surprise that taught me a tip for future reference.
It was the Sat. of Memorial Day weekend, and this time the radio was correct: all of the economy lots were full. Since I never trust their information, I drove to them anyway to doublecheck. The radio station said to go to the parking garage, which is $22 per day as compared to $9 in economy. There was no one around the Yellow lot, but at the Red and Blue they were handing out fliers which you could use to get the parking garage for only $12 per day! You didn't get the special rate unless you got a flier, so if you just listened to the radio station and went directly there, you had to pay the full $22. This is the first time we've used the garage, and it is so convenient!! So if you are ever at Midway, go to the Red or Blue economy lot even if you are told that they are full. You might luck into the parking garage bargain.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for the tip! We are driving down from Milwaukee on June 20th. Our flight leaves at 7:30am what time should we leave from Milwaukee to get to Midway? We hope to be there by 5:00am. Do you think the economy lots will be crowded at that time of the morning? Is it possible for my hubby to drop me off with the kids so I can check in? Then meet up with us? Or does he need to be there with me when I check in?

The economy lots may be full from the previous day's travelers, depending on whether you are flying at a busy time, like a holiday. You can tune to 800 on your AM radio as you approach the airport, but their information is not always 100 percent accurate. Everyone will have to be present to check in due to security, but your husband can drop everyone off and you can wait for him in the comfort of the terminal building while he parks and takes the shuttle bus back...so much easier than hauling luggage on the shuttle.
I'm not sure of the time it will take to get there, but maybe someone else can answer. I think there might be construction on 294, but that early in the morning it shouldn't be too bad. Usually the longest it takes us to get from Six Flags (near the border) to our home in the southwest suburbs is 2 hours, but it should be a little quicker for you from that point. Maybe you will luck out and get that excellent parking garage deal!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter