Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't handle stimulator rides (have vertigo) so I am hoping it's a nice calm ride like GMR, which I loved. Anyone know for sure?

Some of my family did have motion sickness issues on Ratatouille. I'm not sure if the 2.5D in this ride will be any better for that or not.

We have gone yearly to WDW for the last 12 years and I don't know anything about the ride Ratatouille. Is that at WDW???

here is a ride-on video of it, if that helps. There is a bit of simulator elements to it but also a lot of physical motion as well. Not really sure of anything in WDW that you could even compare it to

That looks like a great ride! Thanks for posting the video.
When the ride is working properly it is a great ride. But for more than one year it has not been working right. The attraction is desperately in need for refurbisment which is postponed all the time. So no need to envy us over there in Europe.

When the ride is working properly it is a great ride. But for more than one year it has not been working right. The attraction is desperately in need for refurbisment which is postponed all the time. So no need to envy us over there in Europe.

Wow, that's a bummer :worried:

Even in May 2017 when we rode, there was one scene where half of the movie was frozen (so if you closed your right eye it was frozen, but if you closed your left eye it was playing fine). That was kind of disorienting.

here is a ride-on video of it, if that helps. There is a bit of simulator elements to it but also a lot of physical motion as well. Not really sure of anything in WDW that you could even compare it to

So it's a bit like the SeaWorld Antarctica:Penguin ride, but with 3D glasses?

Wow, that's a bummer :worried:
There is some subsidence in the floor of the building so it would occasionally lose contact. It’s supposed to be getting fixed in a couple of months.

It is a great ride and I’m interested to see it implemented in Epcot.

To the person who asked about motion sickness, I can get a bit sea-sick and headchy on the ride, but as the visuals of the new Micky ride aren’t the same I don’t know. It might still be worth taking something to be on the safe side

I wish we could get Disney to state yes or no whether there are going to be any motion sickness warnings for this ride. If there are, I can't ride it unfortunately.

I wish we could get Disney to state yes or no whether there are going to be any motion sickness warnings for this ride. If there are, I can't ride it unfortunately.
If others are saying it’s been confirmed no glasses then I know for me it’s unlikely to cause it.

The worst ride for motion sickness I ever had was The Simpson’s at Universal. It was completely unexpected. I was awful for the rest of the day. So if yours is bad I would recommend avoiding that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!