Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was pointed out in the Skyliner thread that Galaxy's Edge opening August 29 means Skyliner may be open before then.

Same logic may apply even more strongly to Railway too. Skyliner doesnt necessarily need to be open but HS does need to be running at full capacity to absorb crowds, so it feels like a summer Railway opening could be in the cards.

It was pointed out in the Skyliner thread that Galaxy's Edge opening August 29 means Skyliner may be open before then.

Same logic may apply even more strongly to Railway too. Skyliner doesnt necessarily need to be open but HS does need to be running at full capacity to absorb crowds, so it feels like a summer Railway opening could be in the cards.
November 2018 - hopes/dreams crushed with the fall 2019 announcement. Now = hopes cautiously (and probably still shouldn't be) returning...

I'm actually more excited for this ride than GE *gasp* :love:

November 2018 - hopes/dreams crushed with the fall 2019 announcement. Now = hopes cautiously (and probably still shouldn't be) returning...

I'm actually more excited for this ride than GE *gasp* :love:
I'm more excited about Skyliner than GE also (we're July also, July 4th week). I used to be the biggest SW fans; I've read all the expanded universe books. But, TLJ actually ruined SW for me, I hated it so much. Skyliner open and SWGE closed would be perfect for me

Has there been any recent information on the opening date of Runaway Railway at HS or any speculation to a soft opening in the near future? I think we will be too early in May but I was holding out hope for a soft opening-we lucked out with the soft openings of Fantasyland years ago and it was amazing!

Has there been any recent information on the opening date of Runaway Railway at HS or any speculation to a soft opening in the near future? I think we will be too early in May but I was holding out hope for a soft opening-we lucked out with the soft openings of Fantasyland years ago and it was amazing!
I would say very doubtful. Rumors are swirling that there are delaying with this attraction.

Correct, insiders have just stated that this ride is being pushed out, and it isn't due to any specific issue, it seems to be a Disney Decision? Looking still at late fall of 2019 or early 2020 - Jan time frame

Wow I hope the rumored delay is false. HS needs people eaters come SWGE opening day. HS is bad enough at peak periods add SWGE to the mix.. this place is going to pop at the seams!!
Agree-our only hope for our scheduled visit to HS on September 7 (already have Fantasmic Dining Package reservations) is that they open early and everyone else heads left to Galaxy's Edge while we head right to whatever we can get in! We will know more about what to expect after our fast pass window July 8, then again after it opens the week before our visit. Also we are planning on leaving after lunch with the hope of returning in the evening to see Fantasmic-which may not be possible if park hits capacity level. Thankfully, we have another visit in the works for 2020-possible mid May.

If this rumor of a delay is accurate, I feel this is another example of less than ideal project execution (I have an expanded this position on RoTR in another thread). I hope they hit the mark for a timely opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter