Great place to stop on drive back to Ontario?

maiapapaya

Totally DIS-tracted!
We are thinking of a trip down in mid-August. This would be our first time driving (thinking the summer would be a great time for a road trip!) We would like to break up the drive on the way home, maybe staying 2 nights somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions of where a good place would be to stop? We're thinking maybe Tennessee, but are open to suggestions!

- It's about 13 hours from Kissimmee, but you could get to Washington, DC.
- Nashville might be doable as well, if you're taking I-75 and living anywhere from the GTA and westward.

What do you like to do?

I agree with @starvenger on Washington, especially if you are museum types.
If scenery and the outdoors are your thing, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and/or Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. Stop at the Luray Caverns too - it's great attraction.
If you aren't amusement parked out, head to Hershey PA to tour the factory and go to one of the best Amusement Parks in the North East.
For a beach city stop with great history, consider St Augustine FL or Charleston SC.
All of these distractions are bankr63 approved! BRP is still on my bucket list, but we have done Skyline - amazing views!

Note that all of these attractions are along the I-81 corridor as that is our path to Eastern Ontario, but they aren't a huge detour from the more direct routes to South Western Ontario.

What do you like to do?

I agree with @starvenger on Washington, especially if you are museum types.
If scenery and the outdoors are your thing, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and/or Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. Stop at the Luray Caverns too - it's great attraction.
If you aren't amusement parked out, head to Hershey PA to tour the factory and go to one of the best Amusement Parks in the North East.
For a beach city stop with great history, consider St Augustine FL or Charleston SC.
All of these distractions are bankr63 approved! BRP is still on my bucket list, but we have done Skyline - amazing views!

Note that all of these attractions are along the I-81 corridor as that is our path to Eastern Ontario, but they aren't a huge detour from the more direct routes to South Western Ontario.

The Luray Caverns look fantastic! Thanks, will check this area out a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter