Great Teen Suggestion

kjcolv

Mouseketeer
I was just looking at my 15yo DS's piles of scraps of paper with addresses, IM names, phone numbers etc from friends he made on our recent cruise and I recalled a tip I read on another board (gasp!! there are other boards than DIS????). I didn't have enough time to do it but I thought it was a fabulous idea. I don't recall seeing it here, but it may have been...

Print up business cards for your teen or preteen listing their name, email address, AIM screen name, mailing address (whatever info you are comfortable with them sharing) so that they can give them out to friends they meet on the cruise. You can buy inexpensive business cards to print on your home computer and you can make them as original or creative as they want. Sure beats writing all that stuff down and makes a great conversation starter. We'll do it next time.....

You might also want to include your teens photo on the card--sometimes it will help put a name with a face :)

I wouldn't do this for younger kids BTW.

Anne

I had this idea a few cruises ago for my teens and they laughed at me!!! I thought it was a great idea....Common Grounds does give them a paper with lines for names and address, but I thought the cards were a great idea!!!

MJ

Like many things with teens, it probably depends on who comes up with the idea!!! We found it on a board so it was a silly "mom" idea. My son is leaving for a youth service cmp and is taking some with him...if there was just a way to get them to think it was their idea........

Wonder of wonders, my 16 yo son thought this was a great idea last summer for the cruise. You never know if he will think mom's ideas are "nerdy" or not!

He is using them again this summer while working at a children's theater. Here's the great site which was posted here last year:

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/bcfree.aspx

They are 250 for "free" (you pay for postage but it still was under $10 if I remember correctly).

I couldn't get the link to work. I bought 200 printable business cards at Walmart for like $6 and printed them up for my son to take to camp. He put his name, address, email and AIM along with his school crew logo (his current identity!!). It was easy, you can go online to Avery.com and they have a bunch of downloadable forms, including business cards that you can use as a template.

I'm 14 and my family and I just got back from a Disney Cruise on Sunday. My mom made those cards for me to give out to all of my friends, and even though I thought they were nerdy and didn't have time to hand them out it wouldn't been a lot easier than going around giving everyone your screen name and having to write it over and over!

~Caitlin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter