Griffith Park

westcoastminnie

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how long we should plan to be at Griffith Park if we want to go to the Observatory, Travel Town/Walt's Barn and the Carousel on a Sunday in August?

Also wondering if there is a good place to grab a light lunch?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just wondering how long we should plan to be at Griffith Park if we want to go to the Observatory, Travel Town/Walt's Barn and the Carousel on a Sunday in August?

Also wondering if there is a good place to grab a light lunch?

Thanks!
Are you going on the 1 day per month that the barn is open? If so, you have to start there as the others barely open before its limited hours. You'll probably only have about 2 hours max at Travel Town before it closes. I'd park at TT early and walk to the barn or you may not find parking later. After the barn and TT you'll have to drive to the observatory, check to see if anything is happening at the Greek Theatre as this will cause a major traffic issue. The observatory is usually open late, but they don't allow young kids into the planetarium after the first show of the day. I'd plan on bringing lunch and eating dinner at the observatory.

Everything PP said, check all the hours to make sure you'll be able to schedule in everything you want to do. When we're doing that area (usually for hiking in the hills now that my boys are older) we do a good breakfast and take a packed lunch. My favorite breakfast is Home (www.homerestaurantla.com).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!