Grinchmas

Tony M

Remember 1999
Grinchmas - November 23 through December 31
Anyone have any specifics about events or how similar it is to last year’s Grinchmas?
HAVE FUN

Grinchmas should be very similar to last year, and it is sounding like it is going to be a fun event. Sadly, I know there will not be as many "whoo-ville" characters wandering around.

But drop by when it opens and have a wonderful time!

Grinchmas is going to be very similar to last years and just as good if not better.

Going to Universal in just over a month! I haven't been since they added Grinchmas to the Seuss Landing area, what all do/did they have, what can I expect?

Originally posted by Rogue
Grinchmas should be very similar to last year, and it is sounding like it is going to be a fun event. Sadly, I know there will not be as many "whoo-ville" characters wandering around.

But drop by when it opens and have a wonderful time!

Why will there be less "whoo-ville" characters? We saw them last year and they were great!!!

We will be there again this year and my sister-in-law is going and I hope she gets to see them.

John and Donna

Budget cuts and the fact that last year "The Grinch" movie was actually at the theaters.
HAVE FUN

For those of us who are novice to IOA -- what is Grinchmas? I will be in Orlando 12/28-1/4 and am planning a visit to IOA. What can I expect?

Thanks for the input!

Here is a discription from last year. May not be exactly the same due to budget cuts

http://www.go2orlando.com/top/1,1419,G-Go2Orlando-AttractionsArticles-X!ArticleDetail-2227,00.html

The Wicked Grinch himself, the whimsical town of Whoville and all its off-kilter residents come to Seussian life with this year's whimsical, Wholiday celebration at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

The whimsical Seuss Landing, at Universal Studios' will be transformed into Whoville itself, outfitted with appropriately Whovian holiday decorations. A parade complete with sneak attack gift snatching (a favorite Grinch pastime) will cross the island several times daily while acrobatic Seussian street performers balance stacks of holiday gift packages beneath snow-capped Truffela trees. Guests will hear caroling Whovillians while frolicing in real snow or meet the Grinch himself and his little dog, Max.

This brand new Wholiday celebration called "Grinchmas," is in conjunction with the opening of Imagine Entertainment's, "Dr. Seuss:' How The Grinch Stole Christmas," starring Jim Carrey.

Grinchmas takes the delightfully off-kilter residents of Dr. Seuss' Whoville off the screen and brings them to life. From freak snowstorms on Mt. Crumpit to Whovillians, Who pudding, Who singing, and who knows what else, Grinchmas will continue through December 31. There will be nightly processions, singing and dancing Whovillians, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony.

Thanks for the info.! Maybe since the Grinch is just being released on video, they will continue on with it this year. Let's hope!

Emmagata, it's due to the cutback's recently that the cast of Grinchmas will not be as big as it was last year, but it should still be really fun. Glad to hear you enjoyed it last year!

...and yes, there should be snow :bounce:
yippie

Grinchmas is at Islands of Adventures, right.....and not at Universal? Thought I read somewhere that it was held at Universal Studios last year??? Hope not.....we are just going to IOA :D

Just went to the "official" site and saw them describe the "Mt.Crumpit" slide ends in snow at the bottom. Woohoo!!!
Also,
Hopefully the budget cuts allow the Grinch to show up this year in full movie make up also along with the Whos, even if there are fewer Whos.
HAVE FUN

I loved the everything about Grinchmas last year! Hoping to get back again this year to experience it again:) Here is a pic of the Grinchy one.
grinch2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter