Groceries at the fort

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
We are heading to FW for the first time in mid-September. It is just my DH and I and we mainly will be eating only breakfast and a few lunch/dinners at the site. I am planning to bring almost all food. If we needed fresh milk or bread mid-week do they have basics somewhere at the Fort? If we were a larger group ordering off-property would make more since as we'd need more food. But we are spending 8 out of 9 days inside the parks.

We are heading to FW for the first time in mid-September. It is just my DH and I and we mainly will be eating only breakfast and a few lunch/dinners at the site. I am planning to bring almost all food. If we needed fresh milk or bread mid-week do they have basics somewhere at the Fort? If we were a larger group ordering off-property would make more since as we'd need more food. But we are spending 8 out of 9 days inside the parks.
Took some pictures for you at the Meadows Trading Post:
491A91E3-9BC3-4B8D-8BE7-0A70DFB1611B.jpeg

They've got plenty of 'staples' but unless things have changed in the last year the 'mark up' is RIDICULOUS. Count on paying at least 50% more than you'd pay in a grocery store. Not a huge problem for a random loaf of bread or quart of milk, but can get pricy if you use it for 'grocery shopping'.

We get to FLA (from California) with a day or two to spare so always 'stock up' in town the day before we check in. I don't mind 'Disney prices' for 'Disney things' but not for groceries!

How does Instacart, Prime groceries, etc work at the Fort?
Don't think it does work. If there is money to be made, I seriously doubt Disney will allow outsiders like Amazon or Publix to dip into that money pool. But, I'm eager to hear from others if it does work at FW.

Don't think it does work. If there is money to be made, I seriously doubt Disney will allow outsiders like Amazon or Publix to dip into that money pool. But, I'm eager to hear from others if it does work at FW.

Here is a past thread on the Camping Board on this subject that I found with the Search function:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery.3791966/#post-61561149

There is also a sticky thread on the Resorts board about Grocery Delivery and the Fort operates in a similar manner on that subject. It's been happening for years. The Trading Posts carry some staples but not a wide variety and full spread such as produce and fresh meat.

You can get groceries delivered but do some checking to know the rules (example-must be present for delivery if you ordered any alcohol to have your ID checked).

Bama Ed

Here is a past thread on the Camping Board on this subject that I found with the Search function:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery.3791966/#post-61561149

There is also a sticky thread on the Resorts board about Grocery Delivery and the Fort operates in a similar manner on that subject. It's been happening for years. The Trading Posts carry some staples but not a wide variety and full spread such as produce and fresh meat.

You can get groceries delivered but do some checking to know the rules (example-must be present for delivery if you ordered any alcohol to have your ID checked).

Bama Ed
Good to know. Wonder how the Covid era rules have altered this. Curious about the liquor delivery, too. Asking for a friend, of course.

FYI, I was told at the Meadows trading post today that their bread delivery has been pretty slow since they returned. She said they still haven’t gotten hamburger buns but occasionally get hot dog buns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!