• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery at VGF?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Arriving early next week and will be our first time without a rental car. Is there still an outside company that will deliver groceries to villas at GF. And do we have to be in the room to accept delivery? Only looking to get drinks, snacks, and maybe some breakfast food.

Thanks!

This has been something I study each and every time we visit the World. Even with 6 people last year, with the costs of goods, fees and dvc discounts it only made sense to use the Contemporary food market for our BLT stay. They get into the room and stock all the shelves, and accept no tips.

Now, having said that the analysis is heavily influenced by HOW MUCH you need to buy. If you need food for 2-3 meals a day, 4+ people, big eaters, then, yes, Garden Grocer wins. But if it's just breakfast, water for the week and some snacks and drinks, it's not enough to justify the outside service.

I should also add that the strategy we use is to also bring one extra suitcase that serves 2 purposes. 1. to bring home stuff we buy, and 2. to bring down core grocery staples that will travel well. Such as PAM, pancake mix or a plastic jug of maple syrup. This saves tons of $$.:cool1:

This has been something I study each and every time we visit the World. Even with 6 people last year, with the costs of goods, fees and dvc discounts it only made sense to use the Contemporary food market for our BLT stay. They get into the room and stock all the shelves, and accept no tips.

Now, having said that the analysis is heavily influenced by HOW MUCH you need to buy. If you need food for 2-3 meals a day, 4+ people, big eaters, then, yes, Garden Grocer wins. But if it's just breakfast, water for the week and some snacks and drinks, it's not enough to justify the outside service.

I should also add that the strategy we use is to also bring one extra suitcase that serves 2 purposes. 1. to bring home stuff we buy, and 2. to bring down core grocery staples that will travel well. Such as PAM, pancake mix or a plastic jug of maple syrup. This saves tons of $$.:cool1:

I took our food list a year ago and at that time, renting a car for the day was cheapest, then WeGo, followed by Garden Grocer, and Disney came in last. As I have posted prior, Garden Grocer tacked on a $10 markup for a small roast, most of their other items are also marked up. My comparison included all fees and a standard tip.

:earsboy: Bill

We used Garden Grocer for our trip this past December. They called my cell phone the day of delivery to let me know they had just delivered our groceries and beer to the Grand Floridian. I got the call before we even boarded our plane to come down! After we checked in I called bell services and they delivered everything to our room. All the cold items and frozen items were kept chilled, including the beer! We always use Garden Grocer, and although they are a bit expensive, we have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter