>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

We did our first Amazon Prime now order for a stay at Kidani that started on May 2nd. While I would use the service again, I would not include anything that required refrigeration or freezing.

According to Kidani bell services, the Amazon delivery person signs the orders in on a grocery delivery sheet, and is responsible for placing the sealed bags in the appropriate location in the back room.

My order was logged in using a variant of my first name. My last name wasn't included, and bell services couldn't tell that my order had arrived without a search of the back room.

NONE of the sealed bags was labelled to note that refrigeration or freezer storage was required. The Amazon delivery person did not refrigerate/freeze my bags on delivery to bell services, and I doubt they were kept cold during transport either.

Bell services accidentally delivered someone else's order along with mine. I can attest that the other order wasn't labelled or refrigerated, nor was it logged in correctly when it was delivered, as I didn't see that name on the delivery sheet either.

My four cheese pizza boxes were warm, and the bag with milk and creamer was wet with condensation on the bottom.

On the plus size, the bananas, clementines, and bread I ordered were in perfect condition, along with the rest of my order.

I would use the service again, but not for perishables. I did not attempt to order alcohol. I worked on my order for quite a while before I placed it, and I did notice that items disappeared from my list if they became unavailable. No notice was given when that happenned. I suggest reviewing your list one last time before you place your order.

According to Bell services, there is an incredible amount of turnover in the Amazon drivers, which may have a lot to do with delivery quality.

Hope this information is helpful.

We did our first Amazon Prime now order for a stay at Kidani that started on May 2nd. While I would use the service again, I would not include anything that required refrigeration or freezing.

According to Kidani bell services, the Amazon delivery person signs the orders in on a grocery delivery sheet, and is responsible for placing the sealed bags in the appropriate location in the back room.

My order was logged in using a variant of my first name. My last name wasn't included, and bell services couldn't tell that my order had arrived without a search of the back room.

NONE of the sealed bags was labelled to note that refrigeration or freezer storage was required. The Amazon delivery person did not refrigerate/freeze my bags on delivery to bell services, and I doubt they were kept cold during transport either.

Bell services accidentally delivered someone else's order along with mine. I can attest that the other order wasn't labelled or refrigerated, nor was it logged in correctly when it was delivered, as I didn't see that name on the delivery sheet either.

My four cheese pizza boxes were warm, and the bag with milk and creamer was wet with condensation on the bottom.

On the plus size, the bananas, clementines, and bread I ordered were in perfect condition, along with the rest of my order.

I would use the service again, but not for perishables. I did not attempt to order alcohol. I worked on my order for quite a while before I placed it, and I did notice that items disappeared from my list if they became unavailable. No notice was given when that happenned. I suggest reviewing your list one last time before you place your order.

According to Bell services, there is an incredible amount of turnover in the Amazon drivers, which may have a lot to do with delivery quality.

Very helpful, thank you.
Did you report the issues to both Amazon (who, I'm guessing, would probably credit you for the spoiled perishables) and the Kidani bell services manager? This issue needs to be addressed and fixed asap.

Let Amazon know about the perishables that were damaged, they should refund them; however, they may go after Disney for not handling the perishables correctly, that is what Disney is paid to do with tips and the new delivery fee.

With Prime Now, I usually stick to an hour delivery window unless I am going to be hanging out at the resort all day, yes it costs $3, but it is worth it to know when things will arrive. Alternatively, if you are an Amazon Fresh customer, you could do an Amazon Fresh order with attended delivery, you should be able to have it delivered directly to your room while you are there.

Let Amazon know about the perishables that were damaged, they should refund them; however, they may go after Disney for not handling the perishables correctly, that is what Disney is paid to do with tips and the new delivery fee.

Neither tips nor the delivery fee themselves have anything to do with accepting deliveries and storing them appropriately. They accept deliveries and store them free of charge. It's part of their job to do it right, and if they're messing up it has to be called out asap so they can catch the people who have been mis-trained.

To clear up any confusion on tips and the fee:
  • Tips go directly to the bell service person who performed a task for you, such as bringing stuff to your room. You can still choose to tip even if picking the groceries up yourself, but they are not required, only a suggested courtesy.
  • The $6 service fee bell services charges is for bringing your deliveries to your room. It covers nothing more than this.

Last edited:

Very helpful, thank you.

SW

Very helpful, thank you.
Did you report the issues to both Amazon (who, I'm guessing, would probably credit you for the spoiled perishables) and the Kidani bell services manager? This issue needs to be addressed and fixed asap.

Amazon know about the perishables that were damaged, they should refund them; however, they may go after Disney for not handling the perishables correctly, that is what Disney is paid to do with tips and the new delivery fee.
If the Kidani Bell Services CMs are being truthful about "According to Kidani bell services, the Amazon delivery person signs the orders in on a grocery delivery sheet, and is responsible for placing the sealed bags in the appropriate location in the back room.", and there's no reason to think it isn't, Amazon not indicating the perishables and not refrigerating/freezing the necessary items is entirely on Amazon.

If the Kidani Bell Services CMs are being truthful about "According to Kidani bell services, the Amazon delivery person signs the orders in on a grocery delivery sheet, and is responsible for placing the sealed bags in the appropriate location in the back room.", and there's no reason to think it isn't, Amazon not indicating the perishables and not refrigerating/freezing the necessary items is entirely on Amazon.
That's interesting and a piece of info I've not heard before.

I'm going to have to question the Bell services staff on this as I find it hard to believe that Disney would allow all the delivery folk from all the different companies to into their storage room. I've been in the Kidani one, it's just one large room filled with racks, large refrigerators and luggage carts. Some of the stuff Bell Services is watching over is invaluable to folk (computers in carry on luggage). If in fact all these people are allowed into the room I will have to change how I travel on check out day.

I'm going to have to question the Bell services staff on this as I find it hard to believe that Disney would allow all the delivery folk from all the different companies to into their storage room. I've been in the Kidani one, it's just one large room filled with racks, large refrigerators and luggage carts. Some of the stuff Bell Services is watching over is invaluable to folk (computers in carry on luggage). If in fact all these people are allowed into the room I will have to change how I travel on check out day.

FWIW, one of my WDW we stayed at WL. I was working on finishing my dissertation, so had to bring my laptop with me, which I normally wouldn't do [and yes, I did sit and work on it while on vacation!].

On checkin and checkout days when we did not have access to our rooms, and also during the stay when we were out for extended periods [like visiting parks], I went by the front desk and locked the laptop in one of the safe deposit boxes. They have ones of various sizes including ones that can hold much larger than just a laptop. It is a bit of a time-consuming process to lock it up or retrieve it, but for the peace of mind it was worthwhile for me.

It is my understanding that all of WDW's hotels have safe deposit boxes available via the front desk. They are free.

SW

It is my understanding that all of WDW's hotels have safe deposit boxes available via the front desk. They are free.
Fairly common among hotels worldwide. Just not widely known.

Oh, and very smart of you. It probably would have been fine in your room, but why risk it?

Fairly common among hotels worldwide. Just not widely known.

Oh, and very smart of you. It probably would have been fine in your room, but why risk it?

It may well have been fine, but was definitely not risking it with the dissertation sitting on it, let alone its other contents :-) Unfortunately, for during our stay it did not fit into the room safe because WL had the upright safes instead of normal horizontal decent size safes.

And yep, I have used safe deposit boxes at a variety of hotels, not just at WDW.

Also, something to confirm, but I believe WDW bell services has some secure storage space -- locked cages that they can put individual bags that NEED to be secured into [the cages themselves hold multiple bags].

SW

FWIW, one of my WDW we stayed at WL. I was working on finishing my dissertation, so had to bring my laptop with me, which I normally wouldn't do [and yes, I did sit and work on it while on vacation!].

On checkin and checkout days when we did not have access to our rooms, and also during the stay when we were out for extended periods [like visiting parks], I went by the front desk and locked the laptop in one of the safe deposit boxes. They have ones of various sizes including ones that can hold much larger than just a laptop. It is a bit of a time-consuming process to lock it up or retrieve it, but for the peace of mind it was worthwhile for me.

SW
Yes, one trip I had to bring my work laptop with me. With over 10K people's private information on it, it was well known that if we had our laptops stolen our jobs were gone. After asking very plesantly and calmly three times, I had to argue with WL's front desk manager to get them to allow me to check my laptop into that same safe.

Yes, one trip I had to bring my work laptop with me. With over 10K people's private information on it, it was well known that if we had our laptops stolen our jobs were gone. After asking very plesantly and calmly three times, I had to argue with WL's front desk manager to get them to allow me to check my laptop into that same safe.

Yikes ! :-(

I did see a couple of Amazon delivery people go in to the back room while I was waiting for my turn at the airport Charmin desk.

Very helpful, thank you.

While I spoke to multiple people at Bell services, I did not request the manager.

I FINALLY found a site on Amazon Now where I could send a detailed summary. I'll update the board if I hear anything. FYI, the bell services guy that made the delivery was appreciative to get a tip, as the $6 fee doesn't go to them.

I did see a couple of Amazon delivery people go in to the back room while I was waiting for my turn at the airport Charmin desk.
Thank you. This information should be freely given to anyone choosing to store bags back there. Sounds like it could be a free for all for a thief.

Has anyone ever requested to have some of your refrigerated items kept in the bell services fridge if it doesn't all fit in the room fridge? Just wondering if this is something they accommodate.

Has anyone ever requested to have some of your refrigerated items kept in the bell services fridge if it doesn't all fit in the room fridge? Just wondering if this is something they accommodate.
Interesting idea, but I wouldn't think that this is an option. Those refrigerators have very limited space and are on constant rotation these days. Items left in there for more than a day would be in the way and I'm betting they'd be removed.

The Boardwalk in particular is very on top of what is being stored in their space and went as far as to ship a swap item back home to the last person who was recorded as the owner.

Jambo has a fairly large bell services storage area, but I saw one employee clearing out the fridge, he was not happy.

I wouldn't expect this to be possible. Options would be consecutive orders, or only purchase the amount of perishable items that will fit in a small fridge, or that combined with supplementing from the resort gift shop.

I just want to make sure I understand - for Walmart delivery - do I need to just answer the phone when they call to say they are delivering? or do I have to be at the resort? Trying to time it so we are not in flight when they call to make the delivery. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!