>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I have never stayed at a Disney Resort and never had groceries delivered so I just want to make sure I understand this correctly...at 60 days before my arrival date to the resort I should place my order with Garden Grocer in order to receive a discount? Thank you!

I have never stayed at a Disney Resort and never had groceries delivered so I just want to make sure I understand this correctly...at 60 days before my arrival date to the resort I should place my order with Garden Grocer in order to receive a discount? Thank you!
Yes, that is what I usually do. You can still add things if you think of things you will need.

We will be going in September and I had thought about using a delivery service, but then I thought it would be cheaper and easier to just take an uber to a grocery store. From those who have experience with delivery, is it that much more? I'm not really concerned with the cost, I guess it's more about choices and physically being able to pick things out.

We will be going in September and I had thought about using a delivery service, but then I thought it would be cheaper and easier to just take an uber to a grocery store. From those who have experience with delivery, is it that much more? I'm not really concerned with the cost, I guess it's more about choices and physically being able to pick things out.
I've done both. While I love the delivery services, it is very nice to walk through the store on my own and make sure I've gotten everything and a little more that we'll need.
Adding on an extra $50 for those few extras we're tempted by in store helps out in the long run by reducing the want for those $6-$10 treats in and around the parks.

I've also found there is no time savings when compiling the list at home to the actual shopping when there. It's just transferring the time spent to the other end and adding in anxiety over ordering the right items and enough of them.

I'm looking to do grocery delivery for Sept - hoping to order soon to take advantage of some of the discounts for advance ordering; does anyone have a recommendation for a delivery service that has a good range of alcohol options? We are a party of 9 adults with different tastes so I figured more options are better, although this will not make or break out grocery ordering experience.

Here is my experience with Walmart delivery just 2 days ago. I will not be ordering from them again.

Before I ordered, I called customer service to ask if bell services could accept the delivery. They said yes. (I now know not to believe them). Our plane was supposed to land at 11:20 so I set a 11-12 delivery time so it would get there before us.

On the way to Copper Creek on ME, I got a text that the driver would meet me at the door and they could not deliver to bell services. I called customer service and had a lengthy discussion. (I was NOT rude or angry, just concerned). I had to call the local Walmart when I arrived to schedule another delivery time. Fortunately, they came quickly while we were having a quick resort lunch before heading to the park. DoorDash was the delivery service and I asked bell services to accept the delivery with me and store it until our villa was ready. No other problems.

I was told that it is up to the local Walmart to contract out for the delivery and it is the couriers that make the decision to leave with bell services or not. Honestly, I dont know if this is true but it is what I was told. It would certainly account for the various reports of bell services taking the delivery or not.

For us, being required to wait for a delivery or reschedule if the plane and/or ME is late Is a deal breaker for us. For others, the cost savings are more important.

Just sharing so others can make an informed decision.

I'm looking to do grocery delivery for Sept - hoping to order soon to take advantage of some of the discounts for advance ordering; does anyone have a recommendation for a delivery service that has a good range of alcohol options?
We used grocerydeluxe.com for our recent stay at BCV. Excellent beer and wine selection. Everything was delivered on time. Saved us from wasting our vacation time going grocery shopping. They are also offering free delivery with a minimum order, and better pricing than garden grocer. Excellent service will definitely use on our next trip to Disney

My experience was with Walmart just last week since I knew ahead of time ( thanks to this thread) I scheduled the grocery’s to be delivered 2hrs after my flight landed. That way I would be at the resort to (sign for it). Walmart called me that day to ask if I would be at the resort. I said yes. When it was time for the groceries to be delivered I got another call from Walmart delivery person. I thought I had to sign but then bell services gave it to me. I thought I would have had to sign for it? If you don’t mind being there to sign for it then Walmart is the cheapest way to go.

Last edited:
Reporting back to you all.

We used PrimeNow for delivery last week on Wednesday. We stayed at All Star Music.
We filled our cart ahead of time and it seemed that every day (even sometimes multiple times per day) there were items no longer available or the price changed.
We finally submitted the order on the Magical Express using the bus wifi.
We selected delivery window of 6-8PM.
It arrived to the resort on time, but it took bell services well over an hour to deliver it once we called. By the time it arrived, the cold items were pretty well warmed up. PrimeNow did use one of those insulating silver bags inside a paper bag, but no ice pack so everything just got warm. The frozen Udi's rolls were room temperature, to give you an idea.
The only discrepancies from the final order were the wrong flavor of granola bar (blueberry instead of mixed berry) and 2 rolls of paper towels instead of 1. I did not call regarding the wrong flavor of granola bars.
After the delivery charge, tip for the driver, and tip for bell services, it ended up being about 20% additional cost over the price of each item.

The other comment I have is that they used a ton of paper bags. Good thing bell services doesn't charge for delivery by the bag. Some bags literally had 1 roll of paper towel in it! And other bags were pretty full. I ended up using the paper bags to pack dirty clothes in to bring home so they were separated from everything else.

I would definitely use PrimeNow again. however, I would really understand that item availability and prices will change.
I wish we had submitted while sitting in our local airport because we could have picked an earlier delivery window (windows were not for 2 hours from time of order, maybe closer to 3 hours away).
I also would not plan to order anything perishable unless you are OK with it not being cold when you get it. I only ordered cream cheese, blueberries, carrots, and the frozen Udi's rolls so we were OK. If I wanted some milk, I would plan to go to the gift shop for a large container (I didn't look, but I'm assuming they have a gallon or half gallon available there). I would also definitely not order any yogurt.

It's too bad that PrimeNow doesn't give you the option of adding in an ice pack for a small fee to your refrigerator bag. That would solve the problem.

Walmart called me that day to ask if I would be at the resort. I said yes. When it was time for the groceries to be delivered I got another call from Walmart delivery person. I thought I had to sign but then bell services gave it to me. I thought I would have had to sign for it? If you don’t mind being there to sign for it then Walmart is the cheapest way to go.

I agree but these inconsistencies are creating doubt. I never got a call to ask if I would be there to sign for my delivery and wouldn't leave it with bell services but they left yours with bell services even tho they called you to confirm you would be there. If the inconsistencies are worked out, the price and dependability will sell the service.

Last edited:
I agree but these inconsistencies are creating doubt. I never got a call to ask if I would be there to sign for my delivery and wouldn't leave it with bells services but they left yours with bell services even tho they called you to confirm you would be there. If the inconsistencies are worked out, the price and dependability will sell the service.
You need to write this to Walmart. They do read their mail and forward to the appropriate store managers.

Reporting back to you all.

We used PrimeNow for delivery last week on Wednesday. We stayed at All Star Music.
We filled our cart ahead of time and it seemed that every day (even sometimes multiple times per day) there were items no longer available or the price changed.
We finally submitted the order on the Magical Express using the bus wifi.
We selected delivery window of 6-8PM.
It arrived to the resort on time, but it took bell services well over an hour to deliver it once we called. By the time it arrived, the cold items were pretty well warmed up. PrimeNow did use one of those insulating silver bags inside a paper bag, but no ice pack so everything just got warm. The frozen Udi's rolls were room temperature, to give you an idea.
The only discrepancies from the final order were the wrong flavor of granola bar (blueberry instead of mixed berry) and 2 rolls of paper towels instead of 1. I did not call regarding the wrong flavor of granola bars.
After the delivery charge, tip for the driver, and tip for bell services, it ended up being about 20% additional cost over the price of each item.

The other comment I have is that they used a ton of paper bags. Good thing bell services doesn't charge for delivery by the bag. Some bags literally had 1 roll of paper towel in it! And other bags were pretty full. I ended up using the paper bags to pack dirty clothes in to bring home so they were separated from everything else.

I would definitely use PrimeNow again. however, I would really understand that item availability and prices will change.
I wish we had submitted while sitting in our local airport because we could have picked an earlier delivery window (windows were not for 2 hours from time of order, maybe closer to 3 hours away).
I also would not plan to order anything perishable unless you are OK with it not being cold when you get it. I only ordered cream cheese, blueberries, carrots, and the frozen Udi's rolls so we were OK. If I wanted some milk, I would plan to go to the gift shop for a large container (I didn't look, but I'm assuming they have a gallon or half gallon available there). I would also definitely not order any yogurt.

It's too bad that PrimeNow doesn't give you the option of adding in an ice pack for a small fee to your refrigerator bag. That would solve the problem.
Great review. We have a late arrival 10:30 pm plane arriving. I am planning on placing an order before our flight leaves at 7 pm . We have no refrigerator items but do have some fresh fruit. It can sit at Bell Service till we arrive and I can grab on my way to my room .
We mainly get bottled water, pop , snacks etc. We normally use Garden Grocer but Prime Now seems more economical.

Note that Wal Mart don't do deliveries. I found out the hard way and I had to wait three weeks for a refund on my UK pre paid Mastercard. What you do is place your order, then go pick it up, which is no use when you have no transport.
I used Instacart for the first time in March and was very impressed, from ordering to arriving at my room in under 3 hours. A lot cheaper than Garden Grocer too even though they both shop at Publix, an example being Crystal Light, nearly $5 with GG, $3.50 with Instacart and that's only an example. Add the delivery charges on top. I hadn't realised how much extra GG charged as I wasn't able to compare their prices. Used them for years as they are reliable, but, just too expensive now.

Does anybody knew, if you could use Amazon Prime Now as an Non-US-resident, I have Amazon Prime but I'm from Europe. Would be a cheaper alternative than Gardengrocer for my YC-stay and I could still order my beer...

Note that Wal Mart don't do deliveries. I found out the hard way and I had to wait three weeks for a refund on my UK pre paid Mastercard. What you do is place your order, then go pick it up, which is no use when you have no transport.
I used Instacart for the first time in March and was very impressed, from ordering to arriving at my room in under 3 hours. A lot cheaper than Garden Grocer too even though they both shop at Publix, an example being Crystal Light, nearly $5 with GG, $3.50 with Instacart and that's only an example. Add the delivery charges on top. I hadn't realised how much extra GG charged as I wasn't able to compare their prices. Used them for years as they are reliable, but, just too expensive now.
Hi Disney Frenhines - Sorry you experienced one of the (numerous) problems Walmart needs to address. Yes, Walmart does deliver to the resorts, but at this point in time we need to meet the driver as they are arriving with the order. Bell Services has been refusing Walmart deliveries. But what you experienced was a confusing issue with checkout on their website/app. At this time they have 4 ordering choices, and to get to some of them we need to start off on the correct platform.

1) Delivery to Resort (this is what we want)
2) Pickup at Local Walmart (this sounds like what you chose)​
3) Pickup inside at local Walmart (in store, usually takes a few days to deliver)​
and avoid at all costs:​
4) Delivery to home/resort (via delivery service - this would go to the front desk, takes longer and the resorts charge us $6 per box)​
It is very confusing, and for those new to the process, it is all Walmart's fault for a bad design making it harder to understand. I hope they fix the issue soon, but walmart's website has been clunky for years, so I doubt they will.

Hi Disney Frenhines - Sorry you experienced one of the (numerous) problems Walmart needs to address. Yes, Walmart does deliver to the resorts, but at this point in time we need to meet the driver as they are arriving with the order. Bell Services has been refusing Walmart deliveries. But what you experienced was a confusing issue with checkout on their website/app. At this time they have 4 ordering choices, and to get to some of them we need to start off on the correct platform.

3) Pickup inside at local Walmart (in store, usually takes a few days to deliver)​
4) Delivery to home/resort (via delivery service - this would go to the front desk, takes longer and the resorts charge us $6 per box)​
It is very confusing, and for those new to the process, it is all Walmart's fault for a bad design making it harder to understand. I hope they fix the issue soon, but walmart's website has been clunky for years, so I doubt they will.

It was a complete nightmare as they did take my order as a resort delivery. I re checked my notifications when it didn't arrive and when I contacted them by email I wasn't even given a response. I learned the hard way about WalMart, but, it turned out for the best as Instacart were brilliant.

It was a complete nightmare as they did take my order as a resort delivery. I re checked my notifications when it didn't arrive and when I contacted them by email I wasn't even given a response. I learned the hard way about WalMart, but, it turned out for the best as Instacart were brilliant.

Can I just bring up something about Garden Grocer that I find a bit annoying. I've know they shop at Publix and as I like Publix I decided to look at Instacart to get my groceries again for this trip as I was so pleased with them last time. Being a tight fisted Taff I decided to compare the prices of both companies. Not only is Instacart significantly cheaper for the same items I noted that there were items that were BOGOFs (buy one get one free) on the Instacart site and the same items were not on that offer with GG. Cereals and sodas were the two I checked, but, I'm sure there are more. So not only is GG more expensive, the delivery is more expensive, but, they don't honor any offers Publix are doing. How do they get away with that?

You're right to be upset. Walmart's software stinks. As a software developer I've attempted to send the development team notes on what I see that needs to be fixed, but Walmart only keeps making the site more complicated without fixing the underlying problems. Most companies seem to listen to input from users. Walmart is too big for its own good - they just don't care... about software... about deliveries... about anything it seems.

I'm glad Instacart worked out well for you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter