>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

My main question is do these delivery people know how to pick out good fruit and vegetables? Or is this a big lottery for getting quality?
That was my only complaint about Instacart- 50% of the apples we ordered were bruised to the point they were inedible.

Has anybody used Shipt to have Target deliver, AND had it left at Bell Services? I'm a little worried with the whole bag thing, that the regular Target bags are too "see through".

Not so great Prime Now experience at Boardwalk. I was under the assumption that we would meet them in the lobby. BWI would not allow it. They took the delivery and said it had to go through them only since it wasn’t Garden Grocer. Then they held it for 45 minutes before delivering it to the room. We were charged the $6. This wouldn’t have been a big deal if we weren’t waiting. I would have gone out to the parks and let them handle it.

So Prime Now will leave items at bell services? It says they won't on the first page of this thread, but everywhere else I have read about it says they will.

Does anyone have any experience with having a delivery from any of these places to Coronado Springs? We used garden grocer a couple years ago and were pleased with them, but we are prime members and wondered if that would be better. At Coronado will they hold our order and keep it refrigerated if need be.

Does anyone have any experience with having a delivery from any of these places to Coronado Springs? We used garden grocer a couple years ago and were pleased with them, but we are prime members and wondered if that would be better. At Coronado will they hold our order and keep it refrigerated if need be.

We had Shipt dropped off to Coronado back in February. Not sure if the experience would be any different now that the tower exists, but then, they took our order and kept it refrigerated. We had issues getting it delivered to our room though - they didn't bring all the bags at first and it took a while for them to bring the rest.

The Fort Wilderness resort no longer allows grocery delivery to the cabins or camp sites. They need to be dropped off at the main reception area and picked up. The bell services may deliver them for a $6.00 fee but no guarantee when they will arrive. Also no alcholic beverages unless you are present to meet the delivery person to show them your ID.

Thank you so much for this information. We are planning on staying at Coronado Springs Resort in two weeks and we are planning to use either Amazon Prime or Walmart Grocery for delivery.

I'm wondering the same. Will Prime Now leave at bell service?

Yes, unless the order contains alcohol in which case you must meet the delivery person.

See first page "Delivers to Bell Services unless order contains alcohol " plus numerous examples in this thread and others of people successfully having APN deliver and leave with Bell Services.

One note: some users have reported, and I found in my experience using them, that they do not label items that need fridge or freezer, instead those items are put into an insulated bag, but placed on the shelf with the rest of your order. Which means anything perishable has a finite shelf life. Something to consider in terms of the ordering window you choose; factor in shopping and delivery time too. For our second perishables order with them we made sure we were at the hotel for the delivery window and immediately went to Bell Services to pick up the order [we tried to meet the driver but were unsuccessful, instead they left it with Bell Services].

Thank you so much for this information. We are planning on staying at Coronado Springs Resort in two weeks and we are planning to use either Amazon Prime or Walmart Grocery for delivery.
We used Prime for delivery in July at CSR. We had no real issues. Bell services charged $6 to bring it to the room, and they delivered it inside. They said it would be free if we carried it ourselves, but we had two cases of water and were staying in the furthest point from the front desk, so it was necessary. I assumed the refrigerated items were refrigerated bc they were cold when we got them, and we ordered in the morning but didn’t check into our room for a few hours afterward.

What does everything think of grocery delivery this coming weekend? 9/7. What are the stores looking like as far as stock goes? Should we bring as much as we can in checked baggage or think will be safe to use delivery service?

What does everything think of grocery delivery this coming weekend? 9/7. What are the stores looking like as far as stock goes? Should we bring as much as we can in checked baggage or think will be safe to use delivery service?
With hurricane Dorian spinning like a top on a board just off the coast I'm sure the locals have not let down their guard, nor has Disney. I'd expect the stores to be cleared out but new stock to be arriving before the weekend unless the winds pick up and trucks cannot go out.

To address your question: I think if you pack something to get you going that is non-perishable: cereal, peanut butter and crackers... and then supplement with some perishables from the resort store you'll get started on your trip fine. The apps I've worked with reflect the inventory well, but things will suddenly go out of stock so I have to keep checking it.

Which service were you considering?

With hurricane Dorian spinning like a top on a board just off the coast I'm sure the locals have not let down their guard, nor has Disney. I'd expect the stores to be cleared out but new stock to be arriving before the weekend unless the winds pick up and trucks cannot go out.

To address your question: I think if you pack something to get you going that is non-perishable: cereal, peanut butter and crackers... and then supplement with some perishables from the resort store you'll get started on your trip fine. The apps I've worked with reflect the inventory well, but things will suddenly go out of stock so I have to keep checking it.

Which service were you considering?
Shipt order from Target.

I think we'll just pack as many of the dry goods etc as possible. Milk / eggs / cheese / frozen pizza will just check resort store inventory.. Or just see how it looks and have that stuff delivered if it's up and running / restocked.

Also, do the stores at the DVC still have cases of water that werent obscenely expensive? They used to have like 12 or 24 pk 16.9 oz bottles for like $6 or $7? I mean it's not cheap, but was actually ok to buy and not have to get it delivered... Although I guess I'm going to be right across from a gas station at BWV so I could probably walk across and get it also.

Also, do the stores at the DVC still have cases of water that werent obscenely expensive? They used to have like 12 or 24 pk 16.9 oz bottles for like $6 or $7? I mean it's not cheap, but was actually ok to buy and not have to get it delivered... Although I guess I'm going to be right across from a gas station at BWV so I could probably walk across and get it also.
I don't think I've ever seen entire cases of water at any of the DVC resort stores. I can't imagine Disney selling a case of waters for anything less than $24 :rotfl2:

Hi! I apologize if this has been covered, but does Prime Now still carry fresh fruit (not through Whole Foods)? I'm only seeing apples, but we'd need strawberries and bananas. Trying to decide if we should switch back to Garden Grocer since that order would need to be set up sooner! Thanks!

Hi! I apologize if this has been covered, but does Prime Now still carry fresh fruit (not through Whole Foods)? I'm only seeing apples, but we'd need strawberries and bananas. Trying to decide if we should switch back to Garden Grocer since that order would need to be set up sooner! Thanks!

I took a look at Prime Now using BCV zip code (32830) and I was shown strawberries, bananas, grapes, etc. available from Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter