Grocery Delivery Questions

krissy1254

Earning My Ears
Hey Guys,

My family is heading down to the World in October, we will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at The Boardwalk. I had a few questions on grocery delivery. We have used Garden Grocer in the past, but looking now the prices seem very high. They don't have everything I am looking for, ie - we will need several dozen eggs for breakfast to feed all of us, and I can only order in 1 dozen quantities.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever used Instacart, which I believe links with Publix, or has any one ever used Uber to get to a local grocery store?

Any advice/help I could get on grocery delivery/grocery store trips is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristina V.
Saratoga Springs, NY

We have switched to instacart, like the quality at Publix and we order their deli fried chicken and add it to the instacart order. Have used them several times without issues plus they now deliver at home from several stores. Your first delivery is free and if you use this link, you get a $10 credit and so do I. https://inst.cr/t/Bcq4fsgVe

:earsboy: Bill

Bill,

They will deliver to the Disney resorts? Do you have to order same day, or can we order in advance? I will check out your link... thanks for the help! :)

Kristina

Bill,

They will deliver to the Disney resorts? Do you have to order same day, or can we order in advance? I will check out your link... thanks for the help! :)

Kristina

Yes we use them to deliver when at WDW, yes you can order in advance and they will let you know when they are shopping in case you need to add something.

Oh this is good to know - when we went last September Instacart wasn't delivering in Orlando yet. Or at least, not to the resorts. My PSA for Instacart - remember to tip your delivery person. I have several friends who delivered for them and they always got shorted on the tips because the ones added when you order go to the shoppers only.

We just returned yesterday and used both Instacart and Amazon Prime Now. Instacart you can order one day in advance - we had food delivered from both Wholefoods and Publix. They were great - the one shopper would text me if something was not available and then send pictures of what was available. And we had alcohol delivered too - the only catch is that you need to be there to accept the alcohol delivery. Prime Now was fantastic too - free delivery, cases of water etc..

Thanks for starting this thread, great info here. Off hand, can you request a delivery time? We'll be checking into the TreeHouse Villas. But of course, we may not be able to get into the room until 4pm. So, can I put a drop off time of 4:30 to be safe? Then I won't need to run back to Publix once we get room ready text.

Thanks for starting this thread, great info here. Off hand, can you request a delivery time? We'll be checking into the TreeHouse Villas. But of course, we may not be able to get into the room until 4pm. So, can I put a drop off time of 4:30 to be safe? Then I won't need to run back to Publix once we get room ready text.
You can choose a specific time; they have basically every hour. If you are not there then they arrive, they will leave with bell services. Our room wasn't ready when the food was delivery and Instacart notified us when it was delivered and told us what refrigerators and what shelves the groceries were placed.

Thanks for the info instacart. I can't seem to pick a time more than a week out. Do they take orders a few months in advance? We are going in December at a popular time so I want to have more order in to insure I get a delivery time. Thanks...

Thanks for the info instacart. I can't seem to pick a time more than a week out. Do they take orders a few months in advance? We are going in December at a popular time so I want to have more order in to insure I get a delivery time. Thanks...

Prices and product availability changes so they keep the lead time short.

We are using Dizzy Dolphin for our trip on Tuesday. Ordered groceries and liquor and I don't believe that I have to be there for drop off. So far, so good. I will let you know how it works.

Are the resorts charging a fee for Amazon packages? I thought they started that last year.

And grocery delivery- is instacart better/cheaper than garden grocer or dizzy dolphin?

Are the resorts charging a fee for Amazon packages? I thought they started that last year.

And grocery delivery- is instacart better/cheaper than garden grocer or dizzy dolphin?

Instacart seems to be a lot cheaper but I haven't used them yet. Have used Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin but considering Instacart next trip-priced out all 3 and Instacart is 1/3 to 1/2 the price

Thank you! How far in advance do you need to order? We have an early December trip....

You can put an order in for Garden Grocer of Dizzy Dolphin anytime. However, instacart seems to be just the day before or day of delivery. I'm a little leary of instacart just because I don't know much about it.

Thank you! How far in advance do you need to order? We have an early December trip....

They are very similar to Uber, but with shopping. It works best if you order when you are there, or the day before. They have a relationship with stores where their independently contracted drivers shop on your behalf, and they add an extra 10% or so to the purchase price. You then add on a shopping/delivery fee to help pay for the driver. It works best if you leave a simple order. I go with them for perishables and alcohol (they can also stop by ABC!).
For non-perishable goods I order Amazon Prime Now. Their prices are as good as, if not better than, Walmart.
Overall, between the two purchases and waiting for things to arrive, it takes a total of about 2 hours. I normally have my orders ready and then place them when I am on the Magical Express on the way to the hotel. You can watch a GPS tracker of your shopper at work, so you know exactly when to meet them at the front door of your resort.

Sorry if this was addressed already, but will Instacart leave groceries with bell services? We plan on going right to a park, would love for everything to be there when we get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!