Grocery delivery with Canadian billing address

chai latté

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Our trip is in a couple of months and we are looking at getting some groceries delivered. I can see that many people on the boards suggest Garden Grocer, but even with the advanced order discount, it is very expensive. With the exchange rate on top of that, it's even more expensive.

Are there other options available though? From my initial research, it looks as though many options (I.e. Instacart, Safeway) don't allow a credit card with a Canadian billing address, and don't seem to allow alternative modes of payment.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for alternatives to Garden Grocer where we can pay with a Canadian billing address, or some other alternative (I.e. PayPal, wire a payment, etc.)? As a side note, taking a cab/uber is not something we're interested in.

Thanks for the help!

Amazon pantry? If you set up an Amazon Prime trial it will ship quickly - I've done this when shipping gifts to family in the US. There is a sticky on the Resorts board with a lot of information about how to send things through Amazon.

Hi!
It IS expensive, but it's so worth it. And, frankly, it's cheaper than buying those pantry items direct through Disney.

We're Canadian and always have Garden Grocer orders waiting for us.

We don't check our luggage when flying (we only do carry-ons), so we have Garden Grocer deliver our sunscreen and any over-the-counter medications (like Kids' Tylenol).

We also always have granola bars, bags of sliced apples, bananas, muffins, single serving cups of cereal, a gallon of milk (all breakfast-type foods). We like to "grab and go" in the mornings and eat on our way to catch the bus and then eat our other meals/snacks at resorts or in the parks.

I get that it's expensive, but it's so convenient. And, when I'm doing Disney, I like convenient!

We used Dizzy Dolphin - service was great, prices a bit better than GG. They will go to a certain store if you want. Didn't have any issues using a cc to pay.

Thanks for asking this question! We have used GG twice in the past and I was planning to try Safeway this trip. I am glad I didn't realize much closer to the trip, that it wouldn't be possible. I'll gladly use GG again, but was hoping to use Safeway.

I was planning on Publix Instacart but did not know they won't take a Canadian credit card. Thanks for posting. Now I'll have to use GG. Seems a lot more expensive though. Will plan on ordering 60 days out (ie. soon!) to get the discount.

We used GG for our trip this summer, it was great in that everything arrived, it was exactly what I ordered, and I had ordered 60 days out so got a bit of the discount. It was expensive though. And we barely used any of it. We used the water, ate some cereal and I used coffee mate in my coffee. But kiddo didn't like the big bottle of OJ, or the kool aid, and we didn't need the snacks, so I'm not sure I'll do it next time. If there was a way to just get a case of water at a reasonable price, that would be all we need.

We used GG for our trip this summer, it was great in that everything arrived, it was exactly what I ordered, and I had ordered 60 days out so got a bit of the discount. It was expensive though. And we barely used any of it. We used the water, ate some cereal and I used coffee mate in my coffee. But kiddo didn't like the big bottle of OJ, or the kool aid, and we didn't need the snacks, so I'm not sure I'll do it next time. If there was a way to just get a case of water at a reasonable price, that would be all we need.

Hi Hon
We have done the Garden Grocer before (2x) also,,
I found we didn't eat half the stuff and had so much stuff left over at the end of our trip.
Now we just buy a case of 24 water from the resort gift shop. I think it was maybe $6.99 a case and while that's not our Sobeys or Foodland price, it worked for us.
I do buy the refillable resort mug as I drink a fair amount of tea and coffee so it works out well.We stock up on alot of fresh fruit and snack at Starbucks in Disney Springs upon arrival. I also pack a few favourite munchies from home.
Hugs Mel

PS
Here is a blog I read about buying groceries at Disney
http://www.disneytouristblog.com/groceries-disney-world-buying-tips/

Last edited:
For those of you that have ordered from GG, when including delivery fee is it still cheaper than buying from resort store?
I usually pack a couple of bags of bagels in our luggage, packs of granola bars, and instant oatmeal. All easily packable. Then I buy cream cream cheese and oj from resort store. We like to save time in the morning and eat in room.

For those of you that have ordered from GG, when including delivery fee is it still cheaper than buying from resort store?
I usually pack a couple of bags of bagels in our luggage, packs of granola bars, and instant oatmeal. All easily packable. Then I buy cream cream cheese and oj from resort store. We like to save time in the morning and eat in room.
If you are just buying those two items, then no. But on my last trip I ordered a case of diet soda (and a variety of things), but the diet sodas came to $1 a piece, whereas in the parks they were $3-something. I got 4 monster energy drinks for $10, in the parks they are over $4 each. So yes it saves a little if you are ordering a lot (GG has a minimum $40 order and a $14 delivery fee).

If you are just buying those two items, then no. But on my last trip I ordered a case of diet soda (and a variety of things), but the diet sodas came to $1 a piece, whereas in the parks they were $3-something. I got 4 monster energy drinks for $10, in the parks they are over $4 each. So yes it saves a little if you are ordering a lot (GG has a minimum $40 order and a $14 delivery fee).
We always buy Resort mug so don’t need Pop. But I do buy water from resort store too. Forgot to add. But I don’t think my order would add up to $40. Esp since I can easily pack non perishable items in luggage. Thanks for the info.

Hi Sue
I find that the price works out to be the same when I add in the delivery fee and a tip. JMHO
Things I pack for single solo trip--I usually stay in a Studio so I have a mini fridge,microwave,and toaster.
a couple of mini cereal boxes
a couple pouches of oatmeal
big baggie of trail mix
2-3 granola bars
1 bag Nachos chips
1 can tuna
a few bagels
sometimes a six pack of juice.

Hi Sue
I find that the price works out to be the same when I add in the delivery fee and a tip. JMHO
Things I pack for single solo trip--I usually stay in a Studio so I have a mini fridge,microwave,and toaster.
a couple of mini cereal boxes
a couple pouches of oatmeal
big baggie of trail mix
2-3 granola bars
1 bag Nachos chips
1 can tuna
a few bagels
sometimes a six pack of juice.
That’s kinda what I thought, the delivery fee & tip would cancel out any savings. But guess it depends on what you order, gastonismyman ordering pop & energy drinks seems to have saved. I get Resort mug so don’t need to order Pop.
We use food court toaster for bagels, and coffee maker for hot water for oatmeal.
I’ve never ordered from GG but sure read a lot of people do. Usually I fly into Ft Lauderdale and spend 10 days there before driving up to WDW. Before I return rental car after check in, I do a Publix shop.
But this upcoming trip I’m flying directly to MCO. So no shopping stop!

Last edited:
For our upcoming trip I priced out everything we wanted to order with garden Grocer, Instacart, Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Prime Pantry [I have a USA Amazon Prime account since we are close enough to the border].

Instacart was the most expensive for almost everything so they fell off my list.

Amazon Prime Now was usually cheapest for the things they carried, but they did not carry everything we want. Garden Grocer prices were a mix of above, close to, and below amazon Prime (Now or Pantry) depending on the item involved.

I highly suggest doing the comparison. Excel is your friend.

We are going to do an order from Garden grocer (already placed to take advantage of >60d discount), one from Amazon Prime Now, and still debating if we are going to do an Amazon Prime Pantry order (for things like shampoo; would save bag space). We will pick up a few things from our resort (whose prices are not that expensive, once you actually compare them...).

SW

I just created an account. Where do I go now to start shopping and selecting items?
You just give them a list of what you want and they will send you an invoice. You can make changes up to 5 days before, which I think is when you pay. You could tell them go to Publix or Walmart and get XY or Z.

You can specify a brand or size, or say cheapest price, etc. You can check out the flyers just before you go and make your list from there. I found I ended up ditching a couple of things from the list that seemed really pricey that I was able to throw in my suitcase. The thing I found was a pain was specifying sizes, since we're used to ml or grams, and their measurements are in oz.

I am debating doing something like this as well, just basics, water, milk, cereal, bread, butter, coffee, creamer, bananas, and so on, for our Xmas trip. We are flying in Xmas Eve, and don't land til 6 pm. I don't imagine much will be open (we have done xmas the last 4 years, but never fly in this late) knowing everything will also be closed Xmas day. Just want a few things to get through a day or two. Would garden grocer be the best for that? Thank you

We used Wegoshop on a recommendation from a US colleague. No problem charging my credit card though they charged it twice. The owner was super nice and refunded it right away but for some reason it wasn't accepted so I ended up having to 'dispute' the charge to get the 2nd charge removed.

I did think they did a good job - you specify which grocery store you want (we picked Publix) and I have to say, all the fruits and vegetables were perfect - no blemishes or anything. I would be willing to use them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!