Grocery Delivery

4doorj

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I'm staying at the Pop Century in May. I arrive May 7th in the afternoon.
I am not renting a car. What do company have you used for grocery delivery?
Any tips?

Hoping to get it delivered when we are there.
I heard some will delivery early and the hotel can even put it in your room for you.

I've used Garden Grocer though it is pricey. It arrived when we weren't in the room so we called and bell services brought it up to the room for us. I had ordered some fridge items and they were kept cold for me. I will probably be doing the same this summer but ordering less, we really just need some water and I want coffee mate, maybe some chips for the room since kiddo never stops eating :) I'm not sure how the other options work when ordering as a Canadian.

The common ones are Garden Grocer, Publix Instacart, Dizzy Dolphin, Walmart, Amazon Prime Now. The last one is only available if you have a US Prime account, so not really an option for most of us.

I have used the first two. Both were great, but Garden Grocer has a huge mark up on every grocery item so they are very expensive. I used Instacart this past New Years trip and they were great. Make sure you ask them to leave the groceries with Bell Services and the perishables will be refrigerated for you. In the instructions, I would also indicate your arrival date and reservation #. If using Garden Grocer, the earlier you order, the bigger the discount (I think about 10% if you order a couple of months ahead). For Instacart, you can only order about 5 days ahead at most. Sign up a few days before that and they will email you deals like free delivery or a certain $ amount off your first order.

Any Canadian can sign up for an American Amazon Prime account, so I would do that. The prices are far better than Garden Grocers.

Any Canadian can sign up for an American Amazon Prime account, so I would do that. The prices are far better than Garden Grocers.

I believe this is only possible if you have an American billing address, but I could be wrong...

I can add another vote for InstaCart - it was way cheaper than Garden Grocers. Also, you get access to alcohol (ABC Spirits) and Costco. If you do order alcohol via InstaCart, note that you have to be present with your ID when they deliver. Bell services, at least at Boardwalk villas, will not accept the alcohol delivery.

Sweet thanks for the tips. I will look through it. I don't need to order much. We aren't doing check in. So just need to order sunscreen, snack foods. and sandwich stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is that each service has minimum order requirements and a delivery fee(s).

For small orders, some of the services may not be an option.

Some other options:

- Turner Drugs, which has limited food options, but may work. They have many OTC type options.

- Your resort store, especially if at a DVC resort or Fort Wilderness, but also other resorts. They have a selection of food items, including sandwich stuff. Also, bottled water in cases not just individual bottles. Ans sunscreen if you are not particular about brand/type.

For non-perishables, there are also options like mailing yourself a package, or ordering from an online retailer, like Walgreens, Target, Walmart etc, and having it shipped to the resort.

SW

I now always use Dizzy Dolphin Delivery. They have fantastic service and Customer care. You can order exactly what you want (sizes, brand etc). Also, no grocery delivery company will put any items in your room before arrival. All grocery deliveries will go to Bell Services and once you have your room just call them to have your items delivered. Cold items will be stored for you in the fridge/freezer at Bell services.

I have use Amazon Prime Now for the last 2 trips and it has been really easy. They have teamed up with Whole Foods so you have lots of choices.

I now always use Dizzy Dolphin Delivery. They have fantastic service and Customer care. You can order exactly what you want (sizes, brand etc). Also, no grocery delivery company will put any items in your room before arrival. All grocery deliveries will go to Bell Services and once you have your room just call them to have your items delivered. Cold items will be stored for you in the fridge/freezer at Bell services.

How do you find their prices compared to other options ?

SW

I’m going to try fairytale personal shopper in Orlando. Small biz and more flexible. Regular prices and only a $20 fee and she will bring items to you if you order to her address in advance for no additional al charge.
I’m sending her my list she will give me a price and I PayPal her and she can deliver when we arrive.
I’m trying in April I can let you know if you remind me

I’m going to try fairytale personal shopper in Orlando. Small biz and more flexible. Regular prices and only a $20 fee and she will bring items to you if you order to her address in advance for no additional al charge.
I’m sending her my list she will give me a price and I PayPal her and she can deliver when we arrive.
I’m trying in April I can let you know if you remind me
This sounds awesome!

I’m all for supporting small business and I’ve talked to them a couple times prompt responses have a nice looking website can order through PayPal so some protection .. shoot me a dm and I’ll rem to update you next month

QUOTE="4doorj, post: 60369316, member: 640761"]This sounds awesome![/QUOTE]

So we are heading down first of May. Sent emails to both Dizzy and Fairytale since they both seem to be smaller and more personal. Dizzy called me back, I have not heard from Fairytale yet. Dizzy is a DVC member and both will deliver alcohol. I am leaning towards Dizzy right now, but will love to hear TammyLynn33 results when you get back.

We used Instacart in November when we went and I have to say I was really really happy with the service- I got 2 cases of water, 2 cases of poweraid, fruit, crackers, poptarts, and breakfast food- it was around 50 bucks american delivered to Pop- they brought it to our room once we checked in. The bottle's of water were about $8 for 48- it made the whole order worth while vs what we would pay in the parks!

We used Garden Grocer and were reasonably pleased. Prices not as good as Amazon but I try not to use Amazon. My son sweats like crazy so I wanted to get a case of Gatorade for him.
We also were able to get an extra case of water from the food court. Price wasn’t as good as grocery delivery but way cheaper then individual bottles.

Just going to post my two cents worth
My March 2019 trip
Stayed at Disney's Old Key West Resort
I used Uber
Walmart Supercenter (has a full size liquor store attached)
$8.29 USD OR $11.41 CAD going to Walmart Supercenter
$11.26 USD OR $15.50 CAD return to resort
Total cost for return trip was $26.91 CAD

Saved a ton on a case of water, fresh fruit ,snacks, and a few souvenirs also.
Picked up a few snacks we do not get here in Canada.
Address is on Vineland.
https://www.walmart.com/store/5420/kissimmee-fl/details
Regards
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!