GTY Room Reservation?

richt19

Earning My Ears
I made a reservation, Cat 6, for the 11/29 Magic Cruise. The TA gave us a room assignment as GTY and told us we would get the actual room# with our travel documents.

Does this mean that the catagory we reserved is almost sold out and we get whatever room was not selected by those people that reserved, and were given, room #'s before us?

Are there any less desirable Cat 6 rooms?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

I posted a link to a short article on GTY cabins the other day:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/before/guaranteed.cfm

This basically means that they do not have a cabin in that category to assign to you at this time. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get one of the 'worst' locations. Incidentally, I don't believe there are any 'bad' category 6 rooms. It does mean that you won't be able to choose your room, and you'll have to take what they assign you. It may even mean that you get upgraded, if they don't have a cat. 6 room to give you, although I would not count on this.

There are some Cat 6 staterooms that have a solid white wall front as opposed to the clear plexiglass.

What guarantee means is that all of the Cat 6 staterooms are being held, some by courtesy hold only. If no deposit is put on it, it can open up and you will be assigned that room. As Senor said, there is a possibility of an upgrade too.

I have stayed in the Cat 6 aft room and I just enjoy the balcony, if I need to see the view, I can stand. :)
Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter