GTY?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I just booked an 04 GTY reservation for the Vancouver - Hawaii cruise in 2022. What are the odds that I get an 04 category room? How often do people get bumped? I have never booked with a GTY category before. What should I expect?

Many thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

GTY rooms come in category types Inside, Oceanview, Verandah. You will definitely get the category type you booked. On a (more than likely) sold out itinerary like the Hawaii cruise, I wouldn't expect any type of bump up.

You are guaranteed that level or better. I think the next level up is concierge? It's highly unlikely you'd be bumped up to that, and will instead be in a category 4 room.

GTY rooms come in category types Inside, Oceanview, Verandah. You will definitely get the category type you booked. On a (more than likely) sold out itinerary like the Hawaii cruise, I wouldn't expect any type of bump up.
GTY rooms (ones with an actual category attached), like the OP has 4 GTY are by category, not type. Now, we don't know what level of category 4 room OP has. If it's a 4E, for example they could be upgraded to a 4A or 4B, 4C, or 4D. Or even concierge.

*GT rooms (last minute reduced fares) are by type - inside, oceanview, verandah.

OP, expect the category you booked to be what you get assigned. We've been upgraded to a higher category 1 out 6 times we've booked GTY.

We booked Hawaii to Vancouver through Dreams Unlimited. I placed the deposit on a Verandah room and an inside room. Currently both reservations are GTY Category 7A and 11B. This is the first time I have booked and not been assigned a stateroom from the initial deposit.

We booked Hawaii to Vancouver through Dreams Unlimited. I placed the deposit on a Verandah room and an inside room. Currently both reservations are GTY Category 7A and 11B. This is the first time I have booked and not been assigned a stateroom from the initial deposit.
Actually have a question about this. I have also read many times about people who book GTY and then get a room assigned right away. For the canceled HI sailing- rooms were assigned about a month before disembarkation. So most of us had sat on GTY for a good year and a half. I’m just curious if anybody knows the inside process and what determines if they assign rooms right away or if they wait to the very end.?

I would just assume that Disney knows that many people who are booked GTY Now are looking for higher categories and will modify when they can. So they would wait until the end when bookings are cleaned up before assigning rooms🤷‍♀️

I’ve done gty for 5 or more cruises. Either 5E or 9B. I’ve gotten that exact category every time. Fingers crossed that my luck continues. I have another gty 5E for November 2021 as actual cabins were gone on gold morning booking day. I’m platinum, but waited to gold so I could book with my daughter. We both ended up GTY 5E. I didn’t wait for her this last booking day and booked platinum so I wouldn’t get shut out.

If you have a guarantee room and for whatever reason you see a specific state room pop up can you move into that one? Or are you stuck waiting until Disney assigned your room?
If they do assignments about a month out, what is the latest date you can change your room? This guarantee room reservation is all new to me… Thanks so much!

If you have a guarantee room and for whatever reason you see a specific state room pop up can you move into that one? Or are you stuck waiting until Disney assigned your room?
If they do assignments about a month out, what is the latest date you can change your room? This guarantee room reservation is all new to me… Thanks so much!

GTY is always a category specific booking. I’m GTY for 5E. If by chance a 5E cabin opened (unlikely) I could get it. If you wanted to change your GTY room to another room you would have to pay the difference in price if the new room is more than you paid. A GTY room is usually assigned 2 months prior, but could be as far as 6 months prior. I got my last assignment 6 months prior.

now if you’re talking about a GTY with restrictions category, that’s an entirely different set of rules, you must accept the restrictions when you book that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter