Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

Hi everyone,

I booked my cruise last minute and took advantage of the VGT rates. Under my reservation/summary it says "to be assigned" when it comes to my deck and location. Will DCL email me when my itinerary has changed and been updated? I know that they can literally assign me a stateroom on the day of embarkation but it would be nice to know beforehand, if possible.

I'm expecting to receive my DCL packet with the necessary boarding information..luggage tags etc. by next week. I suppose my stateroom assignment will still be left blank on the documentation as well.

Quite the adventure this time around not knowing where I'll be located but just looking for a few suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I booked my cruise last minute and took advantage of the VGT rates. Under my reservation/summary it says "to be assigned" when it comes to my deck and location. Will DCL email me when my itinerary has changed and been updated? I know that they can literally assign me a stateroom on the day of embarkation but it would be nice to know beforehand, if possible.

I'm expecting to receive my DCL packet with the necessary boarding information..luggage tags etc. by next week. I suppose my stateroom assignment will still be left blank on the documentation as well.

Quite the adventure this time around not knowing where I'll be located but just looking for a few suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Unfortunately, Mike, they aren't going to let you know when your room assignment has changed. You just need to check your reservation on the website.

It is possible that your luggage tags will arrive with your room assignment. That has been my experience with DCL. By the time documentation has arrived, the cabin number has been assigned.

Depending on when you booked, it may be that your cabin assignment will be closer to, or at time of sailing.

Just look at it as a late Christmas present!

Just providing an update. Thanks for the info wombat!

I received my assignments on the 4th and I sail on the 16th so not bad. The reservation was made on 12/21 for a (VGT) Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah w/restrictions

Category: 05A
Deck: 10 Location: MID

Apparently my view will have a significant overhang from deck 11 and there's quite a bit of foot noise. We'll see what happens. As long as I have a clear view of the ocean, I'll be fine.

Just providing an update. Thanks for the info wombat!

I received my assignments on the 4th and I sail on the 16th so not bad. The reservation was made on 12/21 for a (VGT) Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah w/restrictions

Category: 05A
Deck: 10 Location: MID

Apparently my view will have a significant overhang from deck 11 and there's quite a bit of foot noise. We'll see what happens. As long as I have a clear view of the ocean, I'll be fine.

Glad you got your assignment. Regardless of the actual cabin, that's a nice upgrade for your VGT rate.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I'm glad you agree that it's a nice upgrade. It was around $1565.xx for the 4-day.

Last year I paid about the same for a 3-day so this seemed like a steal to me. I'll be trying Remy for the first time on the Dream so I'm super stoked for that experience.

We did this last February about two weeks before the cruise and it was great! We had an awesome room, mid-ship that was quiet!

It was also about $500 less.

Does anyone know when staterooms are assigned if you chose the GTY category? I've been waiting a while and I would like to research the boat and deck.

Thanks!

Does anyone know when staterooms are assigned if you chose the GTY category? I've been waiting a while and I would like to research the boat and deck.

Thanks!
As in GTY with a specific category designated? Like 9B GTY? Those typically are assigned 45-60 days out. BUT, any guarantee, regardless of type, can be assigned at any time from original booking date all the way up to, and including, embarkation day.

We just came back from a cruise on the Wonder and were booked with a GTY room. We were in stateroom 2144 which was a Cat 9 (Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole). I think it was a little over a month out when we saw the assignment.

We just came back from a cruise on the Wonder and were booked with a GTY room. We were in stateroom 2144 which was a Cat 9 (Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole). I think it was a little over a month out when we saw the assignment.
Just WONDERing, how much did you $ave? I'm curious as to GTY / VGT savings now a days.

I've been telling people about my VGT savings since 2012, but am recently afraid to mislead anyone with outdated info. I saved A LOT & don't know if this is true anymore.

We're keeping our eyes on the April 11th, 2018 4-night Bahama cruise from Miami....looking at a standard inside stateroom and over the last few weeks 11C GTY availability will pop up, then won't, then will again a few days later....can anyone explain this?

We're keeping our eyes on the April 11th, 2018 4-night Bahama cruise from Miami....looking at a standard inside stateroom and over the last few weeks 11C GTY availability will pop up, then won't, then will again a few days later....can anyone explain this?
If a cruise isn't selling as well as DCL wants (certain number of rooms sold at any given time), last minute fares may be offered. Once the number of rooms sold meets the number DCL wants sold at that time, the discount rates disappear. If the cruise still isn't hitting the correct marks, the discounts will show up again. And on and on, until the cruise is sold or departs.

GTY is not a special rate, it's the current fare tier for that category stateroom. Since that cruise is almost a year out and it isn't an IGT special rate, I'd guess it's simply a matter of limited availability. I believe rooms get locked out of inventory temporarily when people look at them in the online booking system. If people are considering the cruise and go through the booking without finalizing, the room will return to inventory maybe 30 minutes later (people report "I found the perfect room but it wasn't available when I called my TA" because they inadvertently locked the room out of inventory when looking). It's also possible people booked inside rooms and then decided to upgrade and/or cancel, releasing a stateroom back to inventory. 11C is the lowest level stateroom, DCL may use most of the 11C inventory as GTY which allows DCL to decide room assignment, including possible upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

What are they chances of a GTY 9c ever get an up grade?

I have booked two.

We also booked an 11b and got exactly an 11b 6303 assigned at approximately 135 days out.

What are they chances of a GTY 9c ever get an up grade?

I have booked two.

We also booked an 11b and got exactly an 11b 6303 assigned at approximately 135 days out.
For the most part GTY bookings get just what they booked. Occasionally, they are upgraded. Sometimes just a little (to a 9B, for example). Rarely, upgraded more. But it does happen.

For the most part GTY bookings get just what they booked. Occasionally, they are upgraded. Sometimes just a little (to a 9B, for example). Rarely, upgraded more. But it does happen.

Thank you I was surprise to see that our inside had been assigned so far out.

I guess I will keep my fingers crossed and if not I won't be upset.

Happy cruising

Thank you I was surprise to see that our inside had been assigned so far out.

I guess I will keep my fingers crossed and if not I won't be upset.

Happy cruising
Well, guaranteed rooms (regardless if they're GTY or *GT) can be assigned at any time between booking date all the way up to (and including) embarkation day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!