Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room number did you get? 5E Room 7190
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? I am extremely happy with the room we were assigned.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? In the evening
#9. What month is your cruise? May

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A, 9B
#2. What category and room number did you get? 6A 5642, 9B 2606
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Very happy with the verandah upgrade, can't complain about the oceanview either.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? No
#6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? June

I booked a 9A GTY last week for the May 26th 7 night Fantasy sailing and look this morning, and they seem to have assigned my husband and I a handicap accessible room :sad2: I'm quite confused. Can I call and try to have this changed? It's on deck 5, and the 9A rooms on deck 5 only appear to be the two handicap accessible rooms

I booked a 9A GTY last week for the May 26th 7 night Fantasy sailing and look this morning, and they seem to have assigned my husband and I a handicap accessible room :sad2: I'm quite confused. Can I call and try to have this changed? It's on deck 5, and the 9A rooms on deck 5 only appear to be the two handicap accessible rooms

After a certain date that no one who requires them is sailing, DCL considers them free-game and will assign them to GTY cabins (which when you book GTY you are agreeing to take ANY cabin at your selected level or above).

Unlike RCCL where you can call and whine about your assigned cabin and get it changed, DCL seems to stick to the real thing with GTY of "you rolls the dice and takes your chances" - I've personally never heard of anyone being able to call up and get it changed.

Booked GTY one month ago and we sail on the Dream in 12 days still no cabin assigned. Should i be worried?
Thanks for your thoughts on this in advance!

Booked GTY one month ago and we sail on the Dream in 12 days still no cabin assigned. Should i be worried?
Thanks for your thoughts on this in advance!

Cabin assignments CAN come as late as when you check in at the port.

After a certain date that no one who requires them is sailing, DCL considers them free-game and will assign them to GTY cabins (which when you book GTY you are agreeing to take ANY cabin at your selected level or above).

Unlike RCCL where you can call and whine about your assigned cabin and get it changed, DCL seems to stick to the real thing with GTY of "you rolls the dice and takes your chances" - I've personally never heard of anyone being able to call up and get it changed.

Yeah, they were pretty non-moving. The only options they gave me were that I could downgrade or upgrade to another category. The was the only 9A left on the ship, and for the last husband and wife trip I'll take before we become three, that room wasn't what I was looking for. Maybe if I had booked a few months ago it would've been different but eh.

As anyone actually had cabin assigned at embarkation? What do you put on your luggage tags?

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room number did you get? 7A 5634
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 46
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? It's what we paid for. Have always gotten upgrades on our prior cruises from GTY 7A to 5A's but since it's Alaska, the enclosed verandah may be a blessing. Happy with the location of the room though.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning PST
#9. What month is your cruise? June

Do you get an email confirmation when it changes from GTY to a room number? You get a reservation confirmation with a payment or when you change dining seating or anything else. so it makes sense, right?

How did the room work out? DH and I did our first GTY room in April. We got room 6014 on the Fantasy, and accessible room. it was AMAZING and HUGE. We are totally spoiled now. It is not a split bath but we found no issue with it. Only thing I notice was there was less storage space, but we made due. Weirdest part was our door was automatic, so we would have to stand in the hall and wait for it to close. I wish I saw your post before you left to tell you not to be upset.

We had a handicap accessible room on our first cruise and it was fantastic - so much larger than a regular room...

We're sailing on the Fantasy this October and we just downgraded our room from a 5C to a 10A GTY to save nearly $1,000 (Canadian). We have several trips planned in the next 18 months so this feels like a prudent move. I'm a little anxious about not knowing our room number/location as we have never booked GTY before. Someone in our cruise group got their cabin assigned today (more than 4 months before we sail) but their second room (her parents are in) is still GTY so there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to when they assign :confused3

Someone in our cruise group got their cabin assigned today (more than 4 months before we sail)

Wow!!! That is surprising! I believe the rules of GTY state the cabin could be changed up to sail time though?? Someone here can verify or debunk that.

I also am not used to booking GTY, but got a very good FL resident rate on a Fantasy sailing for September, so it's the pits waiting to see where my room will be. I feel your pain..... :worried:

QUESTION: This is the first time I booked a cabin "with restrictions" (GTY). I have been monitoring available staterooms in my category (Oceanview). There are 38. But they are still offering GTY for verandah staterooms. However, according to the cabin charts, there are only TWO verandah cabins available. Seems like there might be a 'hidden' inventory? I understand that some people will cancel, although we are past the final payment date. Can't imagine still offering verandah cabins on a GTY when there appears to be only two left. People who go that route can NOT be downgraded.

So, do you think the cabin charts reveal the actual inventory?
It is my understanding the the 'restrictive' fares are only offered when the ship has a certain (lower) level of occupancy. I know when I look at airplane seating charts - often they look half full but the day OF it's s full flight.

So, do you think the cabin charts reveal the actual inventory?

I’m not sure what charts you mean, but I don’t know of a definitive way to view total availability for DCL ships. However, if there are in fact 2 verandas left, DCL likely already has accounted for all VGTs sold to-date and won’t oversell. I wouldn’t worry.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was referring to the cabin charts when you sign up for cruise and you get to choose your cabin . . . They look like this (I hope I can post the screencap). I just find it odd that they are still selling both "Choose your own Cabin" and "VTG" - The Verandah that we chose FOR you" on "my" cruise when the charts are only showing TWO cabins with verandah available. That's why I am thinking there is a 'hidden' inventory.

Attachments

• Disney Cabin Chart.jpg
    Disney Cabin Chart.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 15
I was referring to the cabin charts when you sign up for cruise and you get to choose your cabin . . . They look like this (I hope I can post the screencap). I just find it odd that they are still selling both "Choose your own Cabin" and "VTG" - The Verandah that we chose FOR you" on "my" cruise when the charts are only showing TWO cabins with verandah available. That's why I am thinking there is a 'hidden' inventory.

That doesn’t show all available rooms - usually a block of 8 in a specific category, but there be fewer still available on deck 6 aft to show online at this point. A couple here and there on other decks, and/or forward/mid-ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!