Same. We decided to go for the OGT, thinking “at least we're going to see the ocean, and we can always try to upgrade to a Verandah if we really really really don't like the stateroom”.I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk for an OGT. What have people's experiences been with doing OGT? I'm wondering if it would be worth it since there's so many categories I could be in. I'm stuck between OGT and IGT.
Were you able to upgrade at the port? What was the price differential? Thanks!1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 6.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am happy as we didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2. We still may try to upgrade at port to a Varanda.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked one room only.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 12 PST
9. What month is your cruise? Jan 2020