Guaranteed Entry necessary mid-June 2024? (corrected year)

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
Our itinerary keeps getting bumped around, but it now looks like we'd be at TDR Mon-Thu June 17-20, 2024. For a variety of reasons, we'd lean toward staying off-site (20 min away by JR train). Given Fantasy Springs's opening, I'm wondering if we are setting ourselves up for disappointment.

There's no availability for any of these days for a TDR vacation package, which has me worrying we missed our chance while we waited for flight costs to come down (we just booked via miles).

So the questions:
  • Based on the # of on-site and official hotels I have to assume they don't account for a huge portion of park capacity. Am I wrong?
  • How likely is it that parks hit capacity on weekdays at the end of June?
  • If we purchase tickets via Klook, are we guaranteed entry on those days?
  • Do Hilton Tokyo Bay, Sheraton and others have guaranteed entry for length of stay? There's a confusing description on the Sheraton site about the guaranteed entry package for check-in day that isn't completely clear about the remaining days. Is the check-in day guarantee the special part of that package (I don't want check-in day entry since we'll check in on Sunday)?
What am I missing?

Last edited:
Right now, you can only buy tickets with a specific date so if you're able to buy a ticket, you can enter the park. Ticket sales start 2 months before the date of visit.

The Hilton and Sheraton do have packages that include tickets or the right to purchase tickets. There is no reason to book these packages if you can get tickets through Klook. Disney hotels guarantee that their guests can buy tickets from them and don't require booking a special package rate.

"Guaranteed entry" as a hotel perk was removed during the pandemic because for the most part, there are no longer undated tickets and annual passes.

TDR packages have not gone on sale for your dates. They have only been released through June 4. Hotel room only reservations have not been released that far out either.

Right now, you can only buy tickets with a specific date so if you're able to buy a ticket, you can enter the park. Ticket sales start 2 months before the date of visit.

The Hilton and Sheraton do have packages that include tickets or the right to purchase tickets. There is no reason to book these packages if you can get tickets through Klook. Disney hotels guarantee that their guests can buy tickets from them and don't require booking a special package rate.

"Guaranteed entry" as a hotel perk was removed during the pandemic because for the most part, there are no longer undated tickets and annual passes.
I've been looking at Hilton for dates in March (outside current ticket window) but also looked at earlier dates in Jan/Feb as a comparison. There do not seem to be options for ticket packages now. Would you know if these are still being offered or whether there is any benefit staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay now other than the proximity to the parks.

hilton probably has better English customer service and it's substantially cheaper. If tickets are a concern, just buy them on klook. I don't think the package is worth it tbh

Last edited:
I've been looking at Hilton for dates in March (outside current ticket window) but also looked at earlier dates in Jan/Feb as a comparison. There do not seem to be options for ticket packages now. Would you know if these are still being offered or whether there is any benefit staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay now other than the proximity to the parks.

I remember seeing ticket packages on the website as of late last year but it's possible they're not selling them. Just purchase the tickets on Klook when they become available.

Lately, I don't see much reason to book the Hilton unless you're getting benefits through their loyalty program. If you weren't already specifically trying to stay at Hiltons when you travel, then I would pick the Toy Story, Ambassador or Sheraton over the Hilton if they were similarly priced.

I remember seeing ticket packages on the website as of late last year but it's possible they're not selling them. Just purchase the tickets on Klook when they become available.

Lately, I don't see much reason to book the Hilton unless you're getting benefits through their loyalty program. If you weren't already specifically trying to stay at Hiltons when you travel, then I would pick the Toy Story, Ambassador or Sheraton over the Hilton if they were similarly priced.
I would agree with this as the Hilton prices seem to be only a negligible amt less (and sometimes more) than the moderate Disney hotels. I haven't been yet, but I have been researching prices daily. Plus you get the Happy Entry benefit(s) with the Disney hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter